Mary Stallings - You Gotta Git On Wee 108

Guest jinx74

Guest jinx74

I only have an acetate "This is It, A 71 Re 2 A/You Gotta Git Re 4" on Golden State which have vocals on both sides and a blank label "71A Re 2/71B R 1" (in the dead wax) which is vocals/instrumental.

Does anyone have a scan of this i can see?

Also, i read that "Lame Duck" is the flip to "You Gotta Git"... is that the instrumental or another track completely?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I only have an acetate "This is It, A 71 Re 2 A/You Gotta Git Re 4" on Golden State which have vocals on both sides and a blank label "71A Re 2/71B R 1" (in the dead wax) which is vocals/instrumental.

Does anyone have a scan of this i can see?

Also, i read that "Lame Duck" is the flip to "You Gotta Git"... is that the instrumental or another track completely?

No idea Justin I'm afraid but I do know Mary Stallins is modern soul sensation Adriana Evans mother.

Great voice has Mary I really want the jazz LP with her singing "Ain't Nesessarily So" but I can never rember who its by
:thumbsup:

I know its on Verve records and the promo is red vinyl............great track

Sorry not much help Justin

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest hudsoul

lame duck is indeeed the flip to "you gotta git "and is the instrumental version of that same track,excellent stormer quite a big sound at shotts in the late 80s,the instrumental works as well,,,,,geat sounds :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest jinx74

cool. thanks for the info.

still would like to see a pic of it if anyone can throw that up here.

i didnt even know there was another Wee title until a few weeks ago. ive had these records for years but never really looked too much into it. i got it at Lonnies house and figured it was some one-off he was trying to work with. anyway, thanks again...

Social source share

John Hillyard (California) had hundreds of copies of this in the 80s, brought a few over but struggled to sell them, btw did anyone go to Johns both in LA and his other place near SF? He was one strange guy but I came away with loads of goodies so didn't mind not being offered a drink for eight hours :lol::no:

Blake

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert