'in Crowd' (northampton) Soul Weekender 25/27th May

I'll be happy with the plate spinning!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

Paddy

I only said yes to the djing cos I thought Id have a nice cushy afternoon session playing lounge music for the chill out crew and now I ve been co erced into dressing up , magic tricks and celebrity knife throwing. What s the world coming too?

I m a bit confused about classic club too. Last time I had one of those it was a sandwich with a cocktail stick stuck in it!!!!!!!!!!

I m booking a room in the hotel and the following week off work so I can get the full experience this time.

Cant wait.

x

• Replies 115
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsoul

I only said yes to the djing cos I thought Id have a nice cushy afternoon session playing lounge music for the chill out crew and now I ve been co erced into dressing up , magic tricks and celebrity knife throwing. What s the world coming too?

I m a bit confused about classic club too. Last time I had one of those it was a sandwich with a cocktail stick stuck in it!!!!!!!!!!

I m booking a room in the hotel and the following week off work so I can get the full experience this time.

Cant wait.

x

well there's yer Classic Club....yer Deluxe Club....and yer Economy Club which is basically just a stick ! All are used as inducements to make you dance and have a good time, anyone not grinning or laughing like a demented fool will be summarily ejected by The Soul Police and not allowed back in untill they've cheered up ..that goes for Glamourous Assistants too..except you Cat!

well there's yer Classic Club....yer Deluxe Club....and yer Economy Club which is basically just a stick ! All are used as inducements to make you dance and have a good time, anyone not grinning or laughing like a demented fool will be summarily ejected by The Soul Police and not allowed back in untill they've cheered up ..that goes for Glamourous Assistants too..except you Cat!

If you & Cat have mastered the art of spinning plates and spinning records at the same time, then you will will be elevated from classic club to the VIP Club!! :wicked::wicked::yes:

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

If you & Cat have mastered the art of spinning plates and spinning records at the same time, then you will will be elevated from classic club to the VIP Club!! laugh.gif:lol::lol:

Cheers

Paddy

THINK WE'LL HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE WITH THE VINYL :yes:

THINK WE'LL HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE WITH THE VINYL :thumbsup:

Nah!! dont believe it mate!! Your spots in room 2 are always great!! A masterclass in fact!! Now we have added your glamorous assistant, its going to even better!!! :wicked:

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

Nah!! dont believe it mate!! Your spots in room 2 are always great!! A masterclass in fact!! Now we have added your glamorous assistant, its going to even better!!! :D

Cheers

Paddy

TOO KIND PADDY....THE ONLY WAY IS UP !

GOT SOME MIGHTY FINE TUNES FOR YOU THIS YEAR NOT TO MENTION A FEW I'VE DUG OUT WHICH I'D JUST FORGOTTEN HOW BRILLIANT THEY WERE..SUCH IS THE CHASE FOR SOMETHING NEW ..WE TEND TO OVERLOOK THE GEMS WE ALLREADY HAVE AND NOT PRICEY STUFF EITHER JUST CLASS TUNES.

OF COURSE CAT IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE...SHE'S GONNA HIT ME I JUST KNOW IT !!!!!! TOP LADY TOP TUNES TOP TASTE ...SHOULD BE A LORA LORA LAUGHS..FOR US ANYWAY :thumbsup:

TOO KIND PADDY....THE ONLY WAY IS UP !

GOT SOME MIGHTY FINE TUNES FOR YOU THIS YEAR NOT TO MENTION A FEW I'VE DUG OUT WHICH I'D JUST FORGOTTEN HOW BRILLIANT THEY WERE..SUCH IS THE CHASE FOR SOMETHING NEW ..WE TEND TO OVERLOOK THE GEMS WE ALLREADY HAVE AND NOT PRICEY STUFF EITHER JUST CLASS TUNES.

OF COURSE CAT IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE...SHE'S GONNA HIT ME I JUST KNOW IT !!!!!! TOP LADY TOP TUNES TOP TASTE ...SHOULD BE A LORA LORA LAUGHS..FOR US ANYWAY :thumbsup:

Hi Chris

I certainly agree with all you say about the forgotten gems, great cant wiat to hear what you have with you! and not forgetting your comments about Cat they are spot on, having kept my on her up in the modern room at the Ritz in Deborough over the years :D , I know she will go down a storm at the weekender in Freestyle room 2!

Cheers

Paddy

Hi Chris

I certainly agree with all you say about the forgotten gems, great cant wiat to hear what you have with you! and not forgetting your comments about Cat they are spot on, having kept my on her up in the modern room at the Ritz in Deborough over the years :lol: , I know she will go down a storm at the weekender in Freestyle room 2!

Cheers

Paddy

Behave I cant bear it when people are nice about me!

Who else is coming?

x

yes its going to be a cracking weekend. just spoke to The Elgins they are really looking forward to this event and myself. well done paddy :thumbsup: looking forward to deon jackson.

Hi Chalky

Yep, its shaping up to be our busiest yet!! I know just how much The Elgins are looking forward to coming over to perform for us in the UK after such a long time since they were last here!

Not forgetting your debut behind our decks either!! looking forward to that!

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

Behave I cant bear it when people are nice about me!

Who else is coming?

x

LIKE BEING NICE IS A CURSE :thumbsup: LISTEN CAT WE KNOW IT'S A FRONT AND YOUR NOTHING SHORT OF WICKED :thumbsup: UNLIKE ME :thumbsup:

Thelma Jones cd to be released and on sale to co incide with event -'just how good is that' !!!!

Hi Andy

Yes released on Kent and compiled by Tony Rounce looking at her Barry & Columbia recordings, many of which Thelma will be performing live on stage at the weekender, it will be a cracking CD!

Cheers

Paddy

HI PADDY YES LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DEBUT SPOT MYSELF AND IVY JO 45 IS ALREADY IN THE BOX FOR YOU :boxing:

Hi Chalky

Yes make sure you have that Ivy Jo Hunter 45 in your box!! Also a further act being announced on the e-mail list this week!

Cheers

Paddy

Paddy, now that this is just around the corner, are there going to be Saturday night only tickets available like last year? I just can't make the whole weekend :thumbsup:

Paddy, now that this is just around the corner, are there going to be Saturday night only tickets available like last year? I just can't make the whole weekend :unsure:

Hi Soulgirl

To be honest, it is unlikely there will be any single night passes. I have literally only a handful of rooms at the hotel still available, then the hotel is sold out, also I only have less than 120 weekend passes still on sale and they are going very quickly now and once these have gone then the whole event is sold out.

My suggestion to anyone thinking of coming along is to get the weekend pass as this is the only guarantee of getting in at the moment. They can be ordered by calling me.

Cheers

Paddy

Oh dont do that....that s wicked. Just tell us or give us a clue.

x

Hi Cat

I always tend to get the announcements out first to our regulars who are on either my e-mail or postal lists!!

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

Hi Cat

I always tend to get the announcements out first to our regulars who are on either my e-mail or postal lists!!

Cheers

Paddy

NOWT LIKE BEING REGULAR PADDY :wicked: JUST RECOVERING FROM DUBLIN AND GETTING READY FOR NORTHAMPTON.....IT'S GONNA BE A BELTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE UP YOUR SLEEVE ..JUST GETS BETTER :lol:

CPTN M

NOWT LIKE BEING REGULAR PADDY :thumbsup: JUST RECOVERING FROM DUBLIN AND GETTING READY FOR NORTHAMPTON.....IT'S GONNA BE A BELTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE UP YOUR SLEEVE ..JUST GETS BETTER :thumbsup:

CPTN M

Hi Chris

Glad you had such a great time in Dublin and hope you have made a bit if a

recovery!! :thumbsup: Yep, still a few things up my sleeve yet!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

Hi Chris

Glad you had such a great time in Dublin and hope you have made a bit if a

recovery!! :thumbsup: Yep, still a few things up my sleeve yet!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paddy

yeah pretty much recovered think i'll lay off Guiness & Cider for a bit !! So is it yards of silk hankeys, Doves or White Rabbits ?? Up your sleeve that is ! :thumbsup:

Cptn M

what a cracking Elgins Motown Anthology double cd this is -to co incide with The Elgins appearing live in the UK for the first time in 31 years

Disc: 1 / 1. Darling Baby / 2. In The Midnight Hour / 3. Heaven Must Have Sent You / 4. I Understand My Man / 5. Good Lovin' / 6. It's Gonna Be Hard Times / 7. Put Yourself In My Place / 8. 634 5789 (Soulville USA) / 9. No Time For Tears / 10. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) / 11. Stay In My Lonely Arms / 12. When A Man Loves A Woman / 13. It's A Man's Man's Man's World / 14. For Your Precious Love / 15. I Still Love You / 16. That's The Night The Love Died / 17. Love (Is the Answer) / 18. It's Been A Long Long Time / 19. All for Just Lovin' You / 20. My 2 Arms Minus You Equals Tears / 21. Thank You Love / 22. Let's Give Love Another Chance / 23. Another Hurt Like This / 24. When You Are Available / 25. Life Can Be Beautiful When You're In Love / 26. My Love For Your Love / 27. Love Where Are You Hiding

Disc 2

1. Request Of A Fool / 2. Don't You Know I Love You Baby / 3. Your Baby's Back / 4. All I Got / 5. Boo Hoo (You Got Me Cryin' Over You) / 6. First Try At Love / 7. Party Time / 8. Until I Lost You / 9. Camel Walk / 10. It's Gonna Be Hard Times / 11. Lonely Boy / 12. I Feel So Fine / 13. I Want To Be With You / 14. Let The Groove Roll On / 15. You Say You Love me / 16. They Say You Don't Care / 17. Do You Know What I'm Talkin' About / 18. Put Yourself In My Place / 19. Darling Baby / 20. Heaven Must Have Sent You / 21. Stay In My Lonely Arms / 22. I Understand My Man / 23. It's Been A Long Long Time

what a cracking Elgins Motown Anthology double cd this is -to co incide with The Elgins appearing live in the UK for the first time in 31 years

Disc: 1 / 1. Darling Baby / 2. In The Midnight Hour / 3. Heaven Must Have Sent You / 4. I Understand My Man / 5. Good Lovin' / 6. It's Gonna Be Hard Times / 7. Put Yourself In My Place / 8. 634 5789 (Soulville USA) / 9. No Time For Tears / 10. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) / 11. Stay In My Lonely Arms / 12. When A Man Loves A Woman / 13. It's A Man's Man's Man's World / 14. For Your Precious Love / 15. I Still Love You / 16. That's The Night The Love Died / 17. Love (Is the Answer) / 18. It's Been A Long Long Time / 19. All for Just Lovin' You / 20. My 2 Arms Minus You Equals Tears / 21. Thank You Love / 22. Let's Give Love Another Chance / 23. Another Hurt Like This / 24. When You Are Available / 25. Life Can Be Beautiful When You're In Love / 26. My Love For Your Love / 27. Love Where Are You Hiding

Disc 2

1. Request Of A Fool / 2. Don't You Know I Love You Baby / 3. Your Baby's Back / 4. All I Got / 5. Boo Hoo (You Got Me Cryin' Over You) / 6. First Try At Love / 7. Party Time / 8. Until I Lost You / 9. Camel Walk / 10. It's Gonna Be Hard Times / 11. Lonely Boy / 12. I Feel So Fine / 13. I Want To Be With You / 14. Let The Groove Roll On / 15. You Say You Love me / 16. They Say You Don't Care / 17. Do You Know What I'm Talkin' About / 18. Put Yourself In My Place / 19. Darling Baby / 20. Heaven Must Have Sent You / 21. Stay In My Lonely Arms / 22. I Understand My Man / 23. It's Been A Long Long Time

From this great new CD The Elgins will be performing live on stage at the weekender "Heaven Must Have Sent You"; "Darling Baby"; "Stay In My Lonely Arms"; "My Love For Your Love"; "Put Yourself In My Place" plus "Dont Wait Around" and Yvonne Varnee singing her "Just Like You Did Me"

Cheers

Paddy

Not forgetting the new Thelma Jones cd 'Second Chance' -the complete Barry and Columbia recordings which like the Elgins cd co incides with her appearance for the In Crowd !

As I understand the Northampton Soul Weekender is Thelma's UK live debut and the remarkable cd has her complete 60s recording output for Barry and her unreleased 70s Columbia recording.....

1. STRONGER / 2. NEVER LEAVE ME / 3. GOTTA FIND A WAY / 4. OH - OH, HERE COMES THE HEARTBREAK / 5. SOUVENIRS OF A HEARTBREAK (Previously unissued alternate take of Barry 1018) / 6. I WON'T GIVE UP MY MAN (Previously unissued alternate take of Barry 1018) / 7. THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT / 8. GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT / 9. SECOND CHANCE / 10. MR. FIX-IT / 11. SALTY TEARS / 12. YOU'RE THE SONG (THAT I CAN'T STOP SINGING) / 13. I'D RATHER LEAVE WHILE I'M IN LOVE / 14. LOVE, LOOK WHAT YOU GOT ME INTO / 15. LONELY, ENOUGH TO TRY ANYTHING / 16. I WANT WHAT YOU WANT / 17. I SECOND THAT EMOTION / 18. I CAN DREAM / 19. NOW THAT WE FOUND LOVE / 20. ANGEL OF THE MORNING / 21. HOW LONG / 22. STAY A WHILE WITH ME

Guest StefMalajny

Went last year ,we were promoting Dean Parrish a few weeks later and Paddy kindly let us set up tickets stall, thank you young man, your a star, we didnt stay selling tickets too long the night was brilliant and it is a great venue, so for anyone who hasnt been check it out you wont be disapointed

Guest matt tees

From this great new CD The Elgins will be performing live on stage at the weekender "Heaven Must Have Sent You"; "Darling Baby"; "Stay In My Lonely Arms"; "My Love For Your Love"; "Put Yourself In My Place" plus "Dont Wait Around" and Yvonne Varnee singing her "Just Like You Did Me"

Cheers

Paddy

So Looking forward to watching the Elgins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not forgetting the new Thelma Jones cd 'Second Chance' -the complete Barry and Columbia recordings which like the Elgins cd co incides with her appearance for the In Crowd !

As I understand the Northampton Soul Weekender is Thelma's UK live debut and the remarkable cd has her complete 60s recording output for Barry and her unreleased 70s Columbia recording.....

1. STRONGER / 2. NEVER LEAVE ME / 3. GOTTA FIND A WAY / 4. OH - OH, HERE COMES THE HEARTBREAK / 5. SOUVENIRS OF A HEARTBREAK (Previously unissued alternate take of Barry 1018) / 6. I WON'T GIVE UP MY MAN (Previously unissued alternate take of Barry 1018) / 7. THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT / 8. GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT / 9. SECOND CHANCE / 10. MR. FIX-IT / 11. SALTY TEARS / 12. YOU'RE THE SONG (THAT I CAN'T STOP SINGING) / 13. I'D RATHER LEAVE WHILE I'M IN LOVE / 14. LOVE, LOOK WHAT YOU GOT ME INTO / 15. LONELY, ENOUGH TO TRY ANYTHING / 16. I WANT WHAT YOU WANT / 17. I SECOND THAT EMOTION / 18. I CAN DREAM / 19. NOW THAT WE FOUND LOVE / 20. ANGEL OF THE MORNING / 21. HOW LONG / 22. STAY A WHILE WITH ME

Some of the tracks Thelma Jones will be performing live on stage at the Northampton Weekender that are also featured on this CD will be; "Stronger" ; "Gotta Find a Way"; Oh Oh Here Comes A heartbreak"; "Souveniers Of A Heartbreak"; "Salty Tears"; "How Long" and "House That Jack Built"

Cheers

Paddy

Edited by paddy grady

Went last year ,we were promoting Dean Parrish a few weeks later and Paddy kindly let us set up tickets stall, thank you young man, your a star, we didnt stay selling tickets too long the night was brilliant and it is a great venue, so for anyone who hasnt been check it out you wont be disapointed

Hi Steff

Thanks for those nice words!!! It is looking like another storming weekender just like the previous ones!!

Cheers

Paddy

So Looking forward to watching the Elgins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, just another month to go & all is looking good!! Not sure how many sleeps that is though!! :)

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

Yep, just another month to go & all is looking good!! Not sure how many sleeps that is though!! :huh:

Cheers

Paddy

TOO MANY BUT IT'LL FLY BY :yes: TIME THAT IS !

REMEMBER 'TIME FLIES LIKE KNIVES.......AND FRUIT FLIES LIKE BANNANAS' !!!! :sleep3:

TOO MANY BUT IT'LL FLY BY thumbsup.gif TIME THAT IS !

REMEMBER 'TIME FLIES LIKE KNIVES.......AND FRUIT FLIES LIKE BANNANAS' !!!! :thumbsup:

LOL!! :D That is a bit to clever for me at this time of the morning!!

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

LOL!! laugh.gif That is a bit to clever for me at this time of the morning!!

Cheers

Paddy

DON'T UNDERSTAND IT MYSELF . FOUND IT IN A CHRISTMAS CRACKER....TALKING OF CRACKERS...THIS YEAR WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE CRACKER !!!!!!!!!! CRACKERJACK !!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY CRACKER IN A POST ? :thumbsup:

I got the e mail Paddy..... nice one..... I know who else is coming nur nur nur nur nur.

x

ok!! now all together "....what does everyman look at first"!! lol

Cheers

Paddy

Some fellows look at the eyes

Some fellows look at the nose

Some fellows look at the size

Some fellows look at the clothes

I don't care if her eyes are red

I don't care if her nose is long

I don't care if shes underfeed

I don't care if her clothes are wrong

First I look at the ......

..now what was the next bit was it the contours? can someone "chuck" something in here that fits whistling.gif:shades:

..now what was the next bit was it the contours? can someone "chuck" something in here that fits :(:thumbsup:

Hi Foxy

Is it something to do with a little misunderstanding!! :(

Cheers

Paddy

DON'T UNDERSTAND IT MYSELF . FOUND IT IN A CHRISTMAS CRACKER....TALKING OF CRACKERS...THIS YEAR WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE CRACKER !!!!!!!!!! CRACKERJACK !!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY CRACKER IN A POST ? :thumbsup:

Hi Chris

Got to say, this post is a cracker! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paddy

Paddy

Wanting to find out more about your event, I came across your own site tonight for the first time - given that you use another site such as this to advertise the Northampton weekender, I must ask why is it you threaten legal action towards anyone who wants to reproduce any article in full or part that you have on your site (oh and of course say anything against your site, personnel etc. ) ? - An example being your article about when should Northern Soul nights not be advertised as Northern soul nights due to their music policy ( something I would suggest is worthy of debate on a forum such as this with a massive membership from across the soul spectrum ).

I wish you well with your event but am truly intrigued by your approach!

Regards

Mike

..now what was the next bit was it the contours? can someone "chuck" something in here that fits :thumbsup::D

Yes, added to the line up for the weekender is The Contours singer Chuck Davis who will be performing those great Contours classics!

Cheers

Paddy

Hi Foxy

Is it something to do with a little misunderstanding!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paddy

So you've put a Stop Sign on my little game, suppose it will prevent people Running in Circles. Thought your post was Heaven sent, This Old Heart of Mine thought you'd let this be my baby for a little while. Suppose you were bound to stop me, though a little unfair - just 'cos I can't dance now - easy to see you don't love me anymore. Or is it something to do with the whole lot of women I have been talking to lately?

whistling.gif:thumbsup::wicked:

So you've put a Stop Sign on my little game, suppose it will prevent people Running in Circles. Thought your post was Heaven sent, This Old Heart of Mine thought you'd let this be my baby for a little while. Suppose you were bound to stop me, though a little unfair - just 'cos I can't dance now - easy to see you don't love me anymore. Or is it something to do with the whole lot of women I have been talking to lately?

:thumbsup::sleep3::yes:

Hi Foxy

Yours and Capt Morgan's postings are far to clever for me!! :lol:wacko.gif

Gonna be a cracker!!

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

..now what was the next bit was it the contours? can someone "chuck" something in here that fits :thumbsup::sleep3:

PERCY ? NOW WHO REMEMBERS THAT FILM FROM THE 70ts ??? OK IT'S PURSE !!!!

Edited by bearsoul

PERCY ? NOW WHO REMEMBERS THAT FILM FROM THE 70ts ??? OK IT'S PURSE !!!!

First I Look At The Percy!! :thumbsup: That is definatly Foxy's record!! :sleep3:

Cheers

Paddy

Hi Paddy

Can we get some autographed posters or something from the Elgins for our charity raffle?

Hi Steff

yes, we always have a 'meet & greet' session for those people attending with all the weekender artists that takes place throughout the Sunday afternoon, so I will get something done for the charity.

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Baz

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 29 2007, 10:04 PM) link
Paddy

Wanting to find out more about your event, I came across your own site tonight for the first time - given that you use another site such as this to advertise the Northampton weekender, I must ask why is it you threaten legal action towards anyone who wants to reproduce any article in full or part that you have on your site (oh and of course say anything against your site, personnel etc. ) ? - An example being your article about when should Northern Soul nights not be advertised as Northern soul nights due to their music policy ( something I would suggest is worthy of debate on a forum such as this with a massive membership from across the soul spectrum ).

I wish you well with your event but am truly intrigued by your approach!

Regards

Mike

You can always start up a thread in All About the soul mike :thumbsup:

Youre a top man Mr O`Graddy

Hi Steff

Bringing the thread back to its original topic about the weekender, those comments are welcome mate!

Gonna be a cracker.

Cheers

Paddy

Guest Bearsoul

:thumbsup::thumbsup::sleep3:

YOU A PROUD SALOPIAN THEN? TOP STUFF SEE YA THERE..IT;S GONNA BE QUITE GOOD......I MEANT TO SAY....HOLD ONTO YER HATS!!!!!!! IT'S GONNA BE SEISMIC AS IN 'BOBBY LYNN' !!!!!!!!!