Joey Dee Info Needed

Rupert

• Replies 4
  • Views 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't understand why this was booted so many times, I can think of 4 boots - vinyl, styrene with same design as vinyl, red label styrene and then another yellow styrene with very plain design (from the people who bought you Mary Saenz, Belmonts, Carlettes, Dawn, Morris Chestnut etc). First time I ever went to Wigan this might just have been the biggest sound of the night, within 3 weeks it was booted and dropped...so why someone would press it in 1977 is hard to fathom. Can't say as I've ever heard it played since then either.

In answer to your question - I don't know if I've seen an original

Social source share

I can't understand why this was booted so many times, I can think of 4 boots - vinyl, styrene with same design as vinyl, red label styrene and then another yellow styrene with very plain design (from the people who bought you Mary Saenz, Belmonts, Carlettes, Dawn, Morris Chestnut etc). First time I ever went to Wigan this might just have been the biggest sound of the night, within 3 weeks it was booted and dropped...so why someone would press it in 1977 is hard to fathom. Can't say as I've ever heard it played since then either.

pete i know what you mean i think there yellow but apart from that ive got no idea and johns guide is a bit breif.

Social source share

Originals are yellow with big X stamped on one side same as L Ingram,wish i had not sold it now!! :unsure: if its real do you wanna sell/swap for anything?

Edited by ken
Social source share

Originals are yellow with big X stamped on one side same as L Ingram,wish i had not sold it now!! :wicked: if its real do you wanna sell/swap for anything?

Yes - it's a raised 'X' in the run-out. Pressed on styrene, and should have a very broad run-in space.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert