Cleethorpes Alldayer 28/4/07

Before I start with my usual drivel & babblings I would like to say congratulations to Steve Woomble, who basically ran the day solo.He ran round all day organising & looking more frazzled than Uncle Bulgaria litter picking in a whirlwind but did a fine impression of Don Estelle on growth hormones in his khaki shorts!! Looby ably assisted by looking drop dead gorgeous & mingling with the crowd.Seriously Steve big pat on the back & 300 ish in ain`t bad m8. :wicked:

To the day in question, Gail & I book into the refined & elegant "Kingsway Hotel" after being quoted £125 for one night in a caravan (only 3 beds left) & I immediately blag an Executive Room at no extra charge. So after total miscommunication with my m8 Nell about meeting up we decide to head for the floor at Beechcomber & are directed to the newly refurbished "Starlight Room", very nice it is to with ample seating around a nice large dancefloor :thumbsup: . As it was only 2.30pm there were only 20-30 in together with Sean Chapman & Michelle and Roger & Jenny Banks who had set up shop to sell,sell,sell. But by 8pm with a steady influx of soulies all day the room was nice & full, just what the docter ordered hey Steve?

Familiar faces appeared regularly & it was great to see;Mark & Bev, Dick, Mary & Paul, Smiggy & Lorraine, Little Tony & Dale with Tony,Chrissy & Ali (What fab dance moves m8),Terry & Lesley with Dave & Sharon, Nell & The Posse,Dave Raistrick & Delightful Donna,Martyn & Lynn, Stigger who arrived with a security guard in hot pursuit as he ommited to pay whistling.gif & met up at last with Miff who knows loads of my old reprobate m8`s from the 70`s, nice to meet you Miff.

The music was excellent (IMHO) througout the entire proceedings & was truly across the board from 60`s up to present day. Some Dj`s I`d not heard play before & didn`t even know them but all were very good. Steve Woomble brought up with rear with a lovely spot, Dave Raistrick`s spot was as always excellent & Roger Banks whom everyone thinks is an R&B man (I know he`s NOT Jen) played to the floor & gets better everytime I hear him, sorry I ever doubted you Roger, Sean "Happy Chappy" Chapman as usual was bubbling over with enthusiasm (even though Grimsby only drew) & yearning to hit the floor with us mere mortals, which after much "C`mon Cleethorpes" shout.gif & other inane references he did, with great vigor & verve, nice one m8. :thumbsup: The STAR of the show for me was the ever svelte "Gingero", what a spot with the likes of; Eddie Billups, Exportations, Mixed Feelings & more, WELL DONE THAT MAN, TOP MARKS. :D

So a fine day/night was had by all & even the weather stayed nice so we could have a stroll on Sunday before departing for home to anticipate our next Super Soul adventure. :(

Take care & be safe,

Spot. shades.gif

Edited by spot
  • Replies 1
  • Views 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A great day had by me, over did it again, just stating to feel normal. seem to remember speeking to loads off people all day hope I didnt do your heads in, been told I was Disco dancing at the end with a female. I do have some recolection of this, but got no idea who it was :lol: had a great time all in all, and there was a good spread in music styles just how I like it, :thumbsup:

Nice meeting up with a people off here, thanks for the photo cunnie, they make a nice couple :lol: looking forward to the next one steve :lol:

Source Advert