Important Message About My Sales Lists

Pete S

I've to withdraw all the modern & crossover 45's from sale as the person I am selling them for has been told that one that I listed for 50 or 60 quid is selling for 150 and another is over 100 and basically I've priced them all too cheaply and he wants them back off me.

Now some of you hardly know me but some have been buying off me for over 10 years and I can honestly say that in that time I have only ever pulled one record which I had priced wrong and that again was being sold for someone else. Some Bobby Patterson record which was about 30 quid too cheap. I have let hundreds of things go too cheap - The Outasites For The Rest Of My Life for £100 for a start - but thats my mistake and there's nothing I can do about it, if I say it's sold then it's sold.

But when you're selling for someone else on a commission basis and they tell you they want their records back - I've got no authority to tell them to go whistle.

So once again, I apologise for having to pull the rug from under the feet of people I'd "sold" records to but please put yourself in my situation, at the end of the day they are not my records, they are someone else's and naturally he is going to want to get as much for them as he can, with my help or without it.

Sorry.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

have to say pete, the prices looked fine to me

in fact, i've bought some of the records on that list myself in the last year or so and paid less for mint copies

i know that some of these kind of records (spose you might call them "modern oldies" ie: they were "modern" about 25+ years ago!) occasionally become popular again for a while (ed summers is a good example), but that doesn't mean they've become treble figure records - they're not rare, just difficult to get for a while until people lose interest again

:D

Social source share

have to say pete, the prices looked fine to me

in fact, i've bought some of the records on that list myself in the last year or so and paid less for mint copies

i know that some of these kind of records (spose you might call them "modern oldies" ie: they were "modern" about 25+ years ago!) occasionally become popular again for a while (ed summers is a good example), but that doesn't mean they've become treble figure records - they're not rare, just difficult to get for a while until people lose interest again

:shades:

It revolves mainly around 2 records Mark, Baby Huey and Albert Jones, he was shown the latter at £150 on ebay and wanted to know why I was losing him £90

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

the albert jones did look like a very good buy, but i had the claude huey baby at about £80 - £100,

is it going for more than that :shades:

Social source share

the albert jones did look like a very good buy, but i had the claude huey baby at about £80 - £100,

is it going for more than that :shades:

I spoke to Gary Holliman on friday and he said it was too expensive at 80 and should be 60, I listed it at 80 anyway and to be honest I could have sold it half a dozen times, but I'm gonna wash my hands of it anyway so it makes no difference now

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert