Billy Hambric

Guest TonyR

Guest TonyR

Gotta a copy of Billy Hambric's great double sider I Found True Love/She Said Goodbye on Drum. Doing a bit of web research seems there's a few copies around similar to mine in that the vinyl's good but the label seems to be water damaged.

I assume it's the real mccoy, it has 1204 - A and Rt the tail of the R forming part of the t etched in the dead wax.

I can only think the boat carrying them hit stormy seas or there was a leak in the DRUM Record plant.

Anybody know any history.

Would appreciate a current value as well.

Best regards

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest anthony

Gotta a copy of Billy Hambric's great double sider I Found True Love/She Said Goodbye on Drum. Doing a bit of web research seems there's a few copies around similar to mine in that the vinyl's good but the label seems to be water damaged.

I assume it's the real mccoy, it has 1204 - A and Rt the tail of the R forming part of the t etched in the dead wax.

I can only think the boat carrying them hit stormy seas or there was a leak in the DRUM Record plant.

Anybody know any history.

Would appreciate a current value as well.

Best regards

Tony

hi

i was only playing my copy today :lol:

post-8493-1182035419_thumb.jpg

Social source share

THERE WERE LORRYLOADS OF MINT COPIES OF THIS ABOUT IN THE EARLY NINETIES , I GOT ONE OFF JOE DUNLOP FOR 6 QUID, NOWADAYS HOWEVER IN THESE DAYS OF OVERHYPE N PRICE MAYBE 200 QUID.

BRI.

Tons of 'em Bri - Twas a solid cheapie on pretty much all lists. Stuck a spare on ebay a couple of years ago and was quite shocked at what it reached. The 'water damage' is prevelant on most tho' JM did auction one I believe with no water damage. A good record but by no means rare just one of those that folk bought and haven't let go

Rich

Social source share

Tons of 'em Bri - Twas a solid cheapie on pretty much all lists. Stuck a spare on ebay a couple of years ago and was quite shocked at what it reached. The 'water damage' is prevelant on most tho' JM did auction one I believe with no water damage. A good record but by no means rare just one of those that folk bought and haven't let go

Rich

Strange, I've never even seen one with water damage and I must have had ten copies, used to pay 10/15 quid for it

Social source share

If anyone would like to have one of these "water damaged" copies... just stick it in the sink and watch the orange colour on the label fade away... :lol: Did it myself when I tried to get the mould in the grooves on my copy to go away... :shades: Not one of my smartest moves! :thumbsup:

Craig Moerer had some 10+ water damaged copies in stock at the same time less than two years ago.

Social source share

If anyone would like to have one of these "water damaged" copies... just stick it in the sink and watch the orange colour on the label fade away... :lol: Did it myself when I tried to get the mould in the grooves on my copy to go away... :shades: Not one of my smartest moves! :thumbsup:

Craig Moerer had some 10+ water damaged copies in stock at the same time less than two years ago.

Which means that the first lot found were not water damaged and then a subsequent batch were...

Social source share

Guest TonyR

I see Mr Manship has one on his site with a water damaged label for £250.

A massive hike in value in recent years for this record even though there seems to be plenty of people around with a copy.

However that doesn't detract from the fact that it is a great double-sider.

So a record that has a value based on pure quality rather than rarity??

Social source share

LIKE WAS SAID IN AN EARLIER POST, THERE WERE PLENTY OF COPIES ABOUT IN THE LATE 80T'S/ EARLY 90T'S BUT IT'S SUCH A QUALITY DISC THAT PEOPLE TEND NOT TO WANT TO SELL THEM MUCH NOWADAYS HENCE THE PRICE HIKE....NOT SO SURE ABOUT 250 QUID WITH WATER DAMAGE THO'. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE RARER THAN THE ONES WITH PERFECT LABELS :sleep3: .

BRI.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!