Steve Jay Anniversary Nite Spalding 20th July

Just a little shout for this event it is 31 years since I did my first ever Soul Nite in a liitle hall just outside of Spalding ,I then started promoting these events and took a 14 year old under my wing so speak and he DJed with me ,his name is Andy Rix I think some of you might have heard of him biggrin.gif .

Anyway I digress this night is a celebration of all the wonderful Soul music that has meant so very much to me over the years ,Northern Soul right through to the Crossover and Modern Soul that I play at venues today.

I am joined by my good friend Kev Laws and Nottinghams finest Andy Riley as guest DJs and the music policy will be 100% Soul Anthems from past and present.

I hope some of the old faces from back in the day will be coming across to this one to join us.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=24803

This is a great venue, large dancefloor ,plenty of seating mega cheap bar own secure car park;) wink.gif quality sound sytem. 8-late late bar £5 O.T.D.

Hope to see you there

Steve

Edited by sjay
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest whippet

Cant believe it Steve in Spalding Friday and Andy Davies in Cambrige on Saturday, I'll be dancing my socks off. Cant wait. Best I put £10 of fuel in the Skoda with the miles I'lll be clocking up. That will be all my pocket money for the month gone.

Cant believe it Steve in Spalding Friday and Andy Davies in Cambrige on Saturday, I'll be dancing my socks off. Cant wait. Best I put £10 of fuel in the Skoda with the miles I'lll be clocking up. That will be all my pocket money for the month gone.

Will be good to see especially twice in one weekend :wicked::thumbsup::thumbup:

Getting lots of interest for this if you know me from days gone by you will hear some of the things from back in the day that you dont get to hear much now ,if you know me from today you will hear some of todays finest crossover and modern soul tunes in a total across the board blend of Soul Anthems.

steve :thumbsup:

Guest whippet

I cant wait to see all the old faces from 31 years ago. Do you think any of them look as good as me Steve? And as for seeing me twice one weekend I do want to be like dog s*** geting everywhere.

I cant wait to see all the old faces from 31 years ago. Do you think any of them look as good as me Steve? And as for seeing me twice one weekend I do want to be like dog s*** geting everywhere.

Well I guess as long as you dont smell like it , im sure everyone will be pleased to see you :no::lol::lol: looks like its gonna be a busy nite cant wait .

Steve

Steve.

A few of the Sandboy regulars are comming over from King's Lynn.

Been looking forward to this for a while,good venue,cheap beer,

Friendly crowd & TOP NOTCH SOUNDS.

See you Friday.

Bob.

Steve.

A few of the Sandboy regulars are comming over from King's Lynn.

Been looking forward to this for a while,good venue,cheap beer,

Friendly crowd & TOP NOTCH SOUNDS.

See you Friday.

Bob.

Will be good to have the Sandboy crew visiting us in spalding for this one weve had several enquiries regarding directions so here goes.

The address is 24 high street. Directions from the Springfields roundabout on the A16 bypass (A151 junction):

head into spalding to the 2 bridges roundabout, do not go over the river carry straight on on the same side of the river along Commercial Road this then becomes a 1 way streeet at the start of High Street just round a slight bend in the road the club is on the left with a large car park beside it.

Postcode is PE 11 1TX

Hope this helps dont hesitate to pm or ring me (0795 6677228 )for any further enquiries.

See ya there Steve

Guest MattB

I think i might pop down to this, will be nice to get out of peterborough and hear something new.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Matt

I think i might pop down to this, will be nice to get out of peterborough and hear something new.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Matt

Would be really nice to see you Matt, Im sure that you will definately hear some different tunes , that I hope will meet with your approval

Steve

Guest whippet

Well its here at last hope the rain doens't put you off dont worry no flooding predicted for Spalding only floods of good music.

Have a good one Steve.

I am away with a bus load of loonies at a soul doo in Kirkby in Ashfield, so obvioulsy can't be with you..heres to the next thirty years :thumbsup:

Will you play Charles Earland - Let the music play for me?

sorry you cant make it Paul dont forget August the 24th I.T.S. Spalding with special guest Steve Guarnori

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=25796

Hope you can make that one ITS one not to be missed.

Steve

Guest whippet

Just going to get my canoe out of the shed and set off as its quiet a journey. If this rain keeps up I''ll be able to paddle my way home. Anyone with nowhere to go get yor selves over to Spadling tonight.

Just going to get my canoe out of the shed and set off as its quiet a journey. If this rain keeps up I''ll be able to paddle my way home. Anyone with nowhere to go get yor selves over to Spadling tonight.

Just want to thank everyone for the excellent turnout for this event despite the horrendous weather conditions especially so all the travelling soul fraternity that attended ,its very much appreciated .

Just a little reminder that our next event is on Friday 24th August which will see the start of our I.T.S.Spalding events which will make a slight change of music policy towards a more quality across the board soul policy (mainly Crossover 70s and modern) with some top guest DJs, a type of event that we feel is missing from this area .

So Im delighted to announce our very first guest will be Steve Guarnori , who lost his chance to return to play in what was once his home territory of East Anglia when the EASC cancelled the city club modern room along with my residency and along with Steve Guarnori who I had booked as our Modern guest for April.

It is very sad and almost ironic that we booked this event with Steve back in early April , only to find that now the EASC city club has moved their August event forward by one week from the prevoiusly advertised date to unfortunately clash with us by putting on Dean Parrish on the same night!!

So I guess its Steve G v Dean Parrish in East Anglia on August 24th .

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=25796

Steve

Edited by sjay

Source Advert