Rance Allen Gonna Be A Showdown

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

used to love this on my old stax northern sounds cassette whats it go for these days

kev

pretty much peanuts mate , sold one a little while back on ebay for about a fiver...best Jem

Social source share

Still probably worth a fiver on either USA Gospel Truth or UK Stax. An absolutely brilliant 45 which, if records were priced on quality alone would be worth thousands.

Whats the first edition,Stax 1037 or Gospel truth 1204??

Thanks in advance!

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Still probably worth a fiver on either USA Gospel Truth or UK Stax. An absolutely brilliant 45 which, if records were priced on quality alone would be worth thousands.

I`LL SECOND THAT GARETH. STRANGE INDEED WHEN YOU THINK OF SOME OF THE REALLY MEDIOCRE RECORDS WHICH REGULARLY FETCH MONEY AND SOMETHING AS BRILLIANT AS THIS, [bRILLIANT IS AN OVERUSED WORD BUT NOT IN THIS CASE ! ], YOU CAN PICK UP FOR A FIVER......... shades.gif

Social source share

thanks for all the info folks just managed to pick up a demo on gospel truth for a $1.99 but as you say its pure magic

thanks kev

i'm sure you all know this already, but just in case, "gonna be a showdown" is an archie bell cover where they took the lyrics and made them about jesus. The original is one of the best archie bell songs too.

Social source share

I`LL SECOND THAT GARETH. STRANGE INDEED WHEN YOU THINK OF SOME OF THE REALLY MEDIOCRE RECORDS WHICH REGULARLY FETCH MONEY AND SOMETHING AS BRILLIANT AS THIS, [bRILLIANT IS AN OVERUSED WORD BUT NOT IN THIS CASE ! ], YOU CAN PICK UP FOR A FIVER......... shades.gif

I'll third that!

You can buy any Rance Allen record blind as they're all brilliant.

If this was a rare tune people would be fighting each other to own a record of this sublime quality.

Buy two and give one to a mate - they'll thank you for it.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Flip it over for an absolutely spellbinding version of Rev James Cleveland's classic - 'That will be good enough for me'. Rance is unbelievable. I just found out he played at the Dyblin Soul Festival (?) earlier this year , did anyone catch him ? Would love to hear a write up - only gutted I missed it, would have been a dream come true. There are some great clips of him on youtube - as BW says -CHECK IT OUT !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert