Tyrone Ashley & Funky Music Machine

Tyrone Ashley & Funky Music Machine "Let Me Be Your Man" hits stores on August 7th. A collection of 12 unreleased funk and soul gems from New Jersey's finest, Tyrone Ashley. Culled from the original master tapes recorded from 1968-1971, this collection of songs features the finest of Jersey's musical community, including appearances from Eddie Hazel, Clarence Clemmons, Billy " Bass" Nelson, and Ray Davis, all of them who were just bright eyed teenagers passing through Tyrone Ashley's studio in Plainfield, New Jersey. check out his Tyrone's myspace for more info www.myspace.com/tyroneashley

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Jimmybee & welcome to the site :thumbsup:

There's an introduction section on the link below.

Always try to ask new members to do a bit of an intro so we know who we are talking to.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44

Just been doing a bit of a search for the album & there's some soundclips on the below link.

Really like track 7 - Can't stay away

https://www.fatbeats.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5532

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I have a Tyrone Ashley 12" "Surround Me" from 1977 which is a modern/disco crossover track, which I thoroughly recommend to anyone on here, sadly I havent got MP3 ability at present, maybe someone else could clip it up. Its an Ian Levine number.

The music is a rip though, as its the same as the instrumental track "Call me" from the 1976 Andrea True Connection LP (More More More), which was a Greg Diamond written number.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert