Horncastle 4th Anniversary

Went to this last night, what a great night, good crowd in and a great mix of music with DJ's Rupe, Chris forrest,Dougie Hall, Nick "slimmer of the year" Borst,Mick Cooper and Marcus Reid.

Music to suit all tastes and a top night was had by all, the dance floor was busy till the end and after that the crowd wanted more but Dougie pulled the plug at about 01.15 as he had to be up early sunday !!! credit to Nick R who runs it for sticking with the venue ( a few weeks ago it was totally under water) and keeping the night going into it,s 5th year - well done mate.

Look forward to the next one on Sat 3rd Nov 2007 - dunno why whistling.gif:lol::D:lol::P

Ian.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Went to this last night, what a great night, good crowd in and a great mix of music with DJ's Rupe, Chris forrest,Dougie Hall, Nick "slimmer of the year" Borst,Mick Cooper and Marcus Reid.

Music to suit all tastes and a top night was had by all, the dance floor was busy till the end and after that the crowd wanted more but Dougie pulled the plug at about 01.15 as he had to be up early sunday !!! credit to Nick R who runs it for sticking with the venue ( a few weeks ago it was totally under water) and keeping the night going into it,s 5th year - well done mate.

Look forward to the next one on Sat 3rd Nov 2007 - dunno why whistling.gif:lol::D:lol::P

Ian.

gotta agree with ya ian not a bad night,

THANKS chaps, I have to say we get great support and 3rd in a row where we have had a 150 attendance, 50 happy campers on the campsite seemed to be enjoying it too, no neighbours for a mile is part of the attraction so they go on most of the night having a barbie then a bit of fishing or golf next day.

THANKS to all who attended for the first time from Cambridgeshire Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire etc.

Remaining night in 2007 is Saturday November 3rd with Ian Seaman guesting.

2008 will be every other month on the 2nd Saturday starting in January:

HORNY.jpg

horncastle, where the f is that? well, it's in the heart of the lincolnshire wolds, surrounded by rolling hills and the greenest countryside this side of a 1940's middle england novel. what's that got to do with northern soul? a lot really, because the atmosphere at the horncastle event is as open and welcoming as the country side that surrounds . the 4th anniversary started, in a way, on the friday night when tents and campers of all shapes and sizes began to spring up in the twin-laked acres that surround the west ashby golfing hotel where the northern nights are staged. and by the time saturday afternoon had arrived there were over 30 tents augmented by various sleeping type vehicles from cambridge to cleethorpes. now, campings not for me, god allowed us the skill to build houses so we didn't have to sleep under the stars but on saturday afternoon, the noise of our northern soul surrounding the camp site pumped out from either car c.d. players or the p.a. system the lincoln lot had brought along, the smell of the bbqs and the feeling of togetherness alomost persuaded me to go and buy a tent.... almost! (but i must say, the cleethorpes crew were not roughing it on their campsite pitch, they even had a fridage and a microwave out in the open, now that may not be camping to the purist but it looked bloody posh to me!) the evening itself was a roaring success, packed with people from all over the place, scunny, gainsborough, lincoln, cambridge, st.ives, cleethorpes, peterborough, skegness, newark etc. etc. and the music policy was as diverse as the flora that surrounded this, sometimes, tranquil part of the lincolshire wolds. rupe (boston) was on first playing a set of soul sounds you'd sell your gran to own including one of my current favourites (which is well out of my price range) Doc Peabody - What Good Am I. rupe was followed by nick borst who played to the floor with a measured dose of 60's, 70's and modern. next up mick cooper and marcus reid double-decked there way from 1962 until the present century, after those two cris forrest with 'tats' taylor again went across the board as did the last dee jay of the night doug hall. the mixture of music genre kept the floor filled right up until the very last record at 1:00 a.m. and when doug hall and promoter nick rennie was leaving the venue at 1:30 there were still over 50 people inside and then, at the campsite that night.... that's another story, i was tucked up in my warm and cosy bed at home, a mere 20 miles away, tents!!! not bloody likely. post code for this venu is LN9 5PP, the next event with ian seaman guesting is on november the 3rd, perhaps too cool for camping but certainly hot to trot inside this most secluded venue in the heart of the lincolnshire wolds.

horncastle, where the f is that? well, it's in the heart of the lincolnshire wolds, surrounded by rolling hills and the greenest countryside this side of a 1940's middle england novel. what's that got to do with northern soul? a lot really, because the atmosphere at the horncastle event is as open and welcoming as the country side that surrounds . the 4th anniversary started, in a way, on the friday night when tents and campers of all shapes and sizes began to spring up in the twin-laked acres that surround the west ashby golfing hotel where the northern nights are staged. and by the time saturday afternoon had arrived there were over 30 tents augmented by various sleeping type vehicles from cambridge to cleethorpes. now, campings not for me, god allowed us the skill to build houses so we didn't have to sleep under the stars but on saturday afternoon, the noise of our northern soul surrounding the camp site pumped out from either car c.d. players or the p.a. system the lincoln lot had brought along, the smell of the bbqs and the feeling of togetherness alomost persuaded me to go and buy a tent.... almost! (but i must say, the cleethorpes crew were not roughing it on their campsite pitch, they even had a fridage and a microwave out in the open, now that may not be camping to the purist but it looked bloody posh to me!) the evening itself was a roaring success, packed with people from all over the place, scunny, gainsborough, lincoln, cambridge, st.ives, cleethorpes, peterborough, skegness, newark etc. etc. and the music policy was as diverse as the flora that surrounded this, sometimes, tranquil part of the lincolshire wolds. rupe (boston) was on first playing a set of soul sounds you'd sell your gran to own including one of my current favourites (which is well out of my price range) Doc Peabody - What Good Am I. rupe was followed by nick borst who played to the floor with a measured dose of 60's, 70's and modern. next up mick cooper and marcus reid double-decked there way from 1962 until the present century, after those two cris forrest with 'tats' taylor again went across the board as did the last dee jay of the night doug hall. the mixture of music genre kept the floor filled right up until the very last record at 1:00 a.m. and when doug hall and promoter nick rennie was leaving the venue at 1:30 there were still over 50 people inside and then, at the campsite that night.... that's another story, i was tucked up in my warm and cosy bed at home, a mere 20 miles away, tents!!! not bloody likely. post code for this venu is LN9 5PP, the next event with ian seaman guesting is on november the 3rd, perhaps too cool for camping but certainly hot to trot inside this most secluded venue in the heart of the lincolnshire wolds.

Welcome to the site coops, we like to encourage new members to write a little intro here:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44

Cheers

Nick

Source Advert