What baffles me is

How come bootlegs from years ago e.g. Robbie Lawsdon on Kyser, are for sale on US ebay sites. Wouldnt u have thought that as they were destind for the UK in the 70's etc that they all would be over here ? Could catch a few people out thinking that they are getting an original. It just baffles me.... sorry just crossed my mind this during a routine boring working day!!!

Grant

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i know what you mean,"tough girl" billy arnell was on ebay last week from a american seller,not sure if that was the boot or not ,there was no photo.paul

Social source share

There was also a boot of Belmonts 'YOur Like a Mystery' on US ebay last week, on the green boot Sabina label you see for sale over here. I know it is also on UA got one myself, but does anyone know if there is a real Sabina issue, if so what colour is it. The green one for sale over here is a typical see-through vinyl, no run-out stamp and a bubbly green label. Anyone been to the US and come across such boots in junk shops?

Social source share

Boots in the States? Sure, why not? If a bootlegger pressed up a batch and they didn't sell, wouldn't he/she (are there any recorded instances of bootleggers being of the fairer sex? are they too honest for that trade?) have to get shut of them somewhere? the local "thrift" store? yup, it figures!

By the way, I was in for the Billy Arnell, low bid, didn't get it, tried to check with the seller via Ebay's useless "contact" system, no joy. Decided not to raise the ante as you can't be sure. Did it go for a big price?

Social source share

YEP SOMEONE GOT A BARGAIN THERE OR PAID A LOT FOR A BOOT. GOING BACK TO THE ISSUE OF BOOTS FOR SALE FROM U.S. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT STUFF LIKE B ARNELL WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN SHIPPED OVER HERE WHEN IT WAS IN-DEMAND IN THE 70'S AT WIGAN. WY HOLD ONTO THEM IN THE U.S. AND SELL THEM NOW?

Social source share

Bozaboy,

I'm 99% certain that the Billy Arnell on Ebay was a bootleg, as it had the vocal on both sides (as did my copy of the boot in the early '80s). However, John Manship has a VG+ original in his auction at the mo, and the highest bid is about £515!!

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!