Mel Waiters - How Can I Get Next To You

• Replies 3
  • Views 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is a lovely uptempo ballard, but who is Mel Waiters, anyone recommend his albums?

A big track (nay... an anthem) for me at Yarmouth as a new release, in 2001, "How Can I Get Next To You" is a cover of the George Jackson 70's track on MGM.

Most of his albums feature good quality Souhern Soul, and are worth picking up, but the "Woman In Need" CD featuring Pitches fave "Got My Whiskey" is essential.

Love him!

:D

Sean

Social source share

A big track (nay... an anthem) for me at Yarmouth as a new release, in 2001, "How Can I Get Next To You" is a cover of the George Jackson 70's track on MGM.

Most of his albums feature good quality Souhern Soul, and are worth picking up, but the "Woman In Need" CD featuring Pitches fave "Got My Whiskey" is essential.

Love him!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Sorry to go off the Mel Waiters topic Sean, but I recently put one of my compo tapes on in the car that I knocked up a few years ago, and Stan Mosley's "Kiss & Tell" is on it.............sounds foookin' superb and needs to find its way back into my playbox I think!!

Back to Mel, and I love his "Running Stop Lights" too, which was the killer cut from one of his albums, but can't recall which one at present.

Good stuff!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Sorry to go off the Mel Waiters topic Sean, but I recently put one of my compo tapes on in the car that I knocked up a few years ago, and Stan Mosley's "Kiss & Tell" is on it.............sounds foookin' superb and needs to find its way back into my playbox I think!!

Back to Mel, and I love his "Running Stop Lights" too, which was the killer cut from one of his albums, but can't recall which one at present.

Good stuff!

Cheers,

Mark R

Dead right Mark..

"I Can't wait To see You.... Running Stop Lights".... lovely Mellow Soul on the 'Material Things' CD.

Agree "Kiss & Tell" is well worth a spin again.

Of course, we both know that there's boatloads of quality Southern tracks such as these just waiting for the UK Soul Scene to catch up with 'em!

Can't wait until 2020!!

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert