Irish Footsee

Guest Dawnie

Picked this up today along with a few other things on Irish labels which differ in design to the UK counterparts.

Its on Irish Pye DDS 111 but uses a similar label design as the late 60s early 70s Uk Pye stuff and not the Disco Demand design but has the same release number.

The production date is given as 1968 but I allways believed this was an early 70s production or does this refer to the original production by The Chosen few on US Roulette.

I now have The US version on a Roulette demo with vocals , The UK DD version and now this. Does anyone know if it was released in any other country on other labels.

post-4308-1192400315_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Picked this up today along with a few other things on Irish labels which differ in design to the UK counterparts.

Its on Irish Pye DDS 111 but uses a similar label design as the late 60s early 70s Uk Pye stuff and not the Disco Demand design but has the same release number.

The production date is given as 1968 but I allways believed this was an early 70s production or does this refer to the original production by The Chosen few on US Roulette.

I now have The US version on a Roulette demo with vocals , The UK DD version and now this. Does anyone know if it was released in any other country on other labels.

I would say that the '68 refers to the original Chosen Few on Roulette... but your copy is a 70's issue by the looks of it (I've a few Irish 70's Soul 45's on Pye from the same period).

Sean

Social source share

I have original acitate,with car horns :thumbsup: intresting tho`with the 1968 on it.

Social source share

I have original acitate,with car horns :lol: intresting tho`with the 1968 on it.

I always prefered the first Car Horns Version before PYE tried.

Have we any Idea who first spliced it together for Wigan Plays.

The Irish Footsie is of course a nice unusual item.

"Seven Days Too Long" I guess is on the Other side, same as UK

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

The Irish Footsie is of course a nice unusual item.

"Seven Days Too Long" I guess is on the Other side, same as UK

Yes it is on the flip.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert