A Few Lps For Sale Including Goldmine Comps

phillyDaveG

***Edited to show the ones SOLD and some prices reduced***

All vinyl LPs this time around. Nice mixture of 6t-8ts, & some Goldmine compilations at the end.

Grading (Goldmine standard) for vinyl/cover

All gradings are visual only (simply don't have the time to play them all). However, I will play grade anything above £20 on request). If you want to hear any then contact me via a PM for an MP3 or play over the phone.

P&P £2 for 1st LP, 50p extra thereafter. Payment by cheque or Paypal. Free postage for orders over £20.

SS = Still Sealed

SiS = Still in shrink

RI = Reissue

GF = Gatefold

M = Mint

Ex = Excellent

VG = Very Good

G = Good

P = Poor

Bloodstone "We go a long way back" (1982 T-Neck) (Ex/Ex) £15 (with "Go on and cry"/"How does it feel"/"We go a long way back"/"My kind of woman") SOLD

Aretha Franklin "With everything I Feel in me" (1974 Atlantic) (Ex/M- SIS)£5 (with ("When you get right down to it"/"You'll never get to heaven")

Jimmy Ruffin "Sunrise" (1980 RSO Curtom) £7 (M-/M-) (with the excellent "Changin' me")

Bobby Glenn "Shout it out" (1976 Koala) M-/Ex+ £40(with the sublime "Hey love") SOLD

War "Platinum jazz" (1977 Blue Note 2 LP - GF) (M/Ex) £6 (One of their best jazz funk efforts with the monster "War is coming! war is coming" + "Platinum jazz"/"Deliver the word"/"Nappy head")

Minnie Riperton "Minnie" (1979 Capitol) (M-/VG+) £6 (with "Memory lane"/"Never existed before") SOLD

Norman Connors "Invitation" (1979 Arista) (VG/Ex) £4(with "Your love"/"Handle me gently"/"Be there in the morning") SOLD

Beginning Of The End "Funky Nassau" (1971 Alston - RI) (M/M SiS) £7 (Classic long versions of "Funky Nassau" and "Monkey tamarind")

Edwin Starr "Soul master" (1968 Soul - RI) (M-/M Sis) £7 (Not a duff track "Agent double o soul"/"I am the man for you baby"/"(S.O.S.) stop her on sight"/"Way over there"/"My weakness is you"/"Headline news"/"Love is my destination"/"I am your man" etc.) ON HOLD

Steam Heat "Austin funk" (1975 Fable) (Ex-/VG+) £200 (Awesome funk & soul with "Since I met you"/"Groove awhile"/"Frozen tundra lady") SOLD

Caress "Caress" (1979 RFC Promo Mini LP) (M/Ex) £25 (Rare disco Prod. Boris Midney) SOLD

Chas "No better love" (1885 Love Joy) (SS) £100 (with "Stay"/"Don't you walk away" & the superb "For your love") SOLD

Jones Girls "Jones Girls" (1979 Philadelphia Int. RI) (M-/Ex-) £6 (with "This feeling's kiiling me"/"Show love today" etc)

Booker T. "I want you" (1981 A&M) (M-/VG+) £6 (nice stuff prod. Michael Stokes) SOLD

Bobby Womack "Lookin' for a love" (197 United Artists) (EX+/VG+)£6 (with "You're welcome, stop on by" and THE version of "You're messing up a good thing") SOLD

Natural Four "Good vibes!" (1970 VG-/G+) £25 (not in great nick but contains "I thought you were mine") SOLD

Gloria Lynne "A very gentle sound" (1972 Mercury) (Ex+/Ex) £25 (includes the awesome "Kickin' life (like an old tin can)") SOLD

Johnny Nash "Tears On my pillow" (1975 CBS) (Ex-/VG+) £4 (with "Why did you do it")

Cameo "Cameosis" (1980 Chocolate City) (VG-/VG+) £4 (with "We're goin' out tonight"/"I care for you"/"Why have I lost you")

Walter Jackson "Feeling good" (1976? ChiSound) (Ex+/M SiS) £3

Fresh "Omniverse" (1978 Prodigal) (Ex+/Ex+ SiS) £8 (psyche funky rock thingy!)

Luther (Vandross) "This close to you" (1977 Cotillion Promo with Timing strip) (M-/Ex) £40 (quite possibly the greatest album ever with "This is for real"/"A lover's change"/"Don't take the time"/"This close to you"/"Don't wanna be a fool"/ "Come back to love"/"Follow my love" all great!) SOLD

Rufus Lumley "Rufus Lumley" (196? RCA Victor) (EX+/Ex) £55 (mega rare blue eyed Northern)

Jewel "Cut 'n' polished" (1982 Erect) (SS) £50 (fantastic stuff ("Song of life"/"Rhythms of hope"/"You're so jealous"/"Something you should know"/"Soon you'll see the way") SOLD

William Bell "Wow..." (1970? Stax) (Ex-/VG-) £12 (featuring the brilliant "Somebody's gonna get hurt")

Shirelles "Greatest hits" (196? Scepter) (VG-/VG-) £2

Main Ingredient "Ready for love" (1980 RCA) (M-/EX- SiS) £12 (with "Spoiled"/"Makes no difference to me")

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "The tears of a clown" (Pickwick RI from 1974)(M-/Ex-) £5 (Includes their excellent version of the Isleys classic "My love is your love")

Brothers Johnson "Light up the night" (1980 A&M - GF) (M-/EX+ SiS) £3 (with "Stomp!")

Osiris "The band!" (1980 Tom Dog) (Ex-/Ex-) £15 (rare funk)

James Brown "The always amazing..." (1963? King) (VG-/VG) £12 (with "Tell me what you're gonna do")

Donny Hathaway/Quincy Jones "Come back Charleston blue S/T" (1972 Atco) (Ex+/VG+) (with "Little ghetto boy") £20

Martha (Reeves) & The Vandellas "Come and get these memories" (1963 Gordy) (G+/VG-) (poor nick but mega Motown rarity) £30

Tempests "Would you believe!" (196 Smash) (VG+/VG+) £35 (currently one of the most sought after 6ts items, packed with great tunes, many not on 45) SOLD

Bobby Thurston "Sweetest piece of the pie" (1978 Mainline original in later Hi Hut sleeve) (Ex-/Ex) £90 (another desert island disc with ("Na na na na baby"/"I want your body"/"Sweetest piece of the pie"/"Treat me the same way"/"Foolish man"/"Just ask me" etc.) SOLD

Dells "They said it couldn't be done, but we did it" (1977 Mercury) (M-/Ex+) £8

Roberta Flack/Donny Hathaway "Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway" (1972 Atlantic - GF) (Ex-/EX+ Sis) £10 (with ("I (who have nothing)"/"You've got a friend"/"Be real black for me"/"Where is the love" /"When love has grown") ON HOLD

Gene Chandler "Duke of Earl" (197? Upfront) (M-/M- SiS) £5

Lou Courtney "I'm in need of love" (1974 - Soul Brother RI) (EX+/M-) £8 (every track a winner, on most people's all time greatest LP list)

James Brown "Live at the Apollo Volume II" (1969 Polydor 2 LP - GF) (EX/EX-) £8

James Brown "Live at the Apollo Volume I" (1973 Polydor 2 LP - GF) (EX/EX-) £8 SOLD

C.L.Blast "I wanna get down" (1987 Timeless) (Ex/Ex+) £8 (contains the brilliant modern dancer "Love don't feel like love no more") SOLD

Magic Lady "Hot 'n' sassy" (1981 A&M) (Ex+/VG+) £15 (more Michael Stokes produced magic with "Give it up"/"Hold tight"/"When we love") SOLD

Headhunters "Straight from the gate" (1977 Arista promo) (Ex+/Ex+) £12 (with "Pork soda")

Dayton "Dayton" (1980 Liberty/UA) (VG+/VG+) £12 (with "Eyes on you")

Bobby Glover "Bad Bobby Glover" (1984 Columbia RI) (M-/M-) £8 (brilliant real soul LP)

Marvin Gaye "Here, my Dear" (1978 Tamla 2 LP - GF) (M-/Ex+) £10 (with ("When did you stop loving me, when did I stop loving you"/"Everybody needs love"/"Falling in love again" etc.) SOLD

Ashford & Simpson "Street opera" (VG+/M- SiS) £4 (with "Street corner") SOLD

Four Tops "Catfish" (1976 ABC) (Ex-/Ex-) £5 (with "Feel free"/"Strung out for your love")

Band AKA "The Band AKA" (1981 PPL) (M-/Ex) £15 (with "Grace") SOLD

Roy Ayers Ubiquity "Change up the groove" (197? Polydor - Jap RI) (M-/M-) £15 (with "Sensitize")

Roy Ayers Ubiquity "Roy Ayers Ubiquity" (1971? Polydor) (VG+/VG+) £45 (the start of

Roy's best period contains "Pretty brown skin"/"Hummin'" etc)

Arthur Adams "Love my lady" (1979 A&M Promo) (Ex/Ex+) £8 (with "You give me such a good feelin'"/"I like it funky")

Phoebe Snow "Against the grain" (1978 Columbia) (Ex+/Ex) £5 ("Do right woman")

Billy Butler "Sugar candy lady" (1977 Curtom) (SS) £15 (Excellent LP with the Terry Callier sounding dancer "My love for you grows")

Metronomes "And now..." (196? Wynne) (VG+/EX-) £35 ("non returnable" stamped on label)

Eleanore Mills "This is Eleanore Mills" (1974 Astroscope) (SS) £120 (2 or 3 inches of shrink missing in top corner) (holy grail soul item from a lady who went on to sing for Norman Connors) SOLD

Mighty Ryeders "Help us spread the message" (1978 Sun-Glo) £350 (EX+/M-)(original and so so rare with ("Let there be peace"/"Ain't that away (to spend our day)" and of course the much sampled "Evil vibrations") SOLD

Slave "Slave" (1977 Cotillion) (Ex+/VG+) £5 (brilliant funk with "Son of slide"/"You and me")

Jeff Lorber "It's a fact" (1982 Arista) Ex/Ex+ £8 (with "Your love has got me") SOLD

(Detroit) Spinners "Yesterday today & tomorrow" (1977 Atlantic) (SS) £4

Teddy Pendergrass "Teddy Pendergrass" (1977 Philadelphia Int.) (SS) £12 (with ("Be sure"/"The whole town's laughing at me"/"Easy, easy, got to take it easy"/"The more I get, the more I want" and many other goodies)

(New York) Skyy "Skyy line" (1981 Salsoul) (SS - Some shrink missing) £5 (with "Let's celebrate")

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes "Black & blue" (1973 Philadelphia Int.) (SS) £10 (with "The love I lost")

Bobby Bland/B.B.King "Together again...live" (1976 ABC) (SS) £4

Temptations "Anthology" (1973 Motown 3 LP - GF) (SS) £16 (all the classics and more, in demand) ON HOLD

Crusaders "Those Southern knights" (1976 MCA) (SS) £7 (with "Keep that same old feeling")

Lloyd Price "His big hits" (197? Pickwick) (SS) £3

Stevie Wonder "Tribute to Uncle Ray" (Motown RI) (SS) £6

5th Dimension "Love's lines, angles and rhymes" (197? Bell) (SS) £5 (nice version of "What does it take (to win your love)") SOLD

Goldmine Compilations (all first issues);

"Modern Soul 2" (1993? Goldmine) (M-/M- SiS) £18 SOLD

SEVILLE - "Show me the way"

SAM BUTLER - "I can't get over losing you"

FRANKIE SAUNDERS - "Take another look"

PRO-FASCINATION - "Try love again"

FREDDIE EMPIRE - "Let me give love"

EKG - "Give me love"

RAJ - "Something inside"

TONY TROUTMAN - "What's the use"

CYNTHIA SHEELER - "I'll cry over you"

GUITAR RAY - "You're gonna wreck my life"

RICHARD CAITON - "Where is the love"

EARL WHITE - "Very special girl" etc

"The Essential modern soul selection" (1991 Goldmine - GF) (EX+/M-) £15

ARNOLD BLAIR - "Trying to get next to you"

WILL COLLINS & WILL POWER -"Anything I can do"

DAYBREAK - "Everything man"/"I need love"

TAVASCO - "Love is trying to get a hold on me"

THE ESSEX IV - "My reaction to you"

LEW KIRTON - "Heaven in the afternoon"

GARFIELD FLEMING - "Don't send me away"

CHARLES JOHNSON - "Never had a love so good"

BILL BRANDON - "Streets got my lady"

DEE EDWARDS - "(I can) deal with that" etc

"The Essential mellow groove" (1992 Goldmine) (Ex+/M-) £15

THE CHANTS - "I've been trying"

PURE PLEASURE - "By my side"

FRANKIE BEVERLY - "While I'm alone"

MARSHALL, DONOVAN, BROOMFIELD - "That's love"

JAMES NELSON - "Mellow, mellow me"

THE PERFECTIONS - "'Till I get home"

TOWANA & THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION - "Wear your natural baby"

AGED IN HARMONY - "Trust me"

PEACE LOVE & HAPPINESS - "Ain't nothing but a love thang"

THE LOVELITES - "My conscience"

MAURICE JACKSON - "Lucky fellow" etc

"Crossover soul" (1993 Goldmine) (M-/Ex+) £20 SOLD

RUBY ANDREWS - "Just lovin' you"

THE SIDESHOW - "Lonely girl"

VEE GEES - "Talkin'"

JEANIE TRACY - "Making new friends"

BOB RELF - "Girl, you're my kind of wonderful"

THE ULTIMATES - "Girl I've been trying to tell you"

TY KARIM - "Lightin' up"

WILLIE TEE - "Teasin you again"

TURNER BROTHERS - "Let's go fishing"

ELLA WOODS - "I need your love"

GEORGE WILSON - "Here stands a man who needs you"

JOHNNY THOMPSON - "Given up on love"

DOROTHY JOHNSON - "If it's not love don't waste my time" etc

"Allnighter II" (2001 Goldmine) (M/M-) £12

BOBBY WILLIAMS - "I've only got myself to blame"

JACKIE BEAVERS - "Come back my love"

THE FOUR TRACKS - "Like my love for you"

BOB BRADY & THE CONCHORDS - "Goodbye baby"

CAROL ANDERSON - "Taking my mind off love"

THE CONSTELLATIONS - "I don't know about you"

THE VOLUMES - "Ain't gonna give you up"

EMMITT LONG - "Call me" etc.

"The Essential Detroit Soul collection" (1992 Goldmine) (M-/Ex+) £15

JIMMY "SOUL" CLARK - "(I'll be your champion) I'll be your winner"

JOCK MITCHELL - "Not a chance in a million"

THE MASQUERADERS - "How"

STEVE MANCHA - "Did my baby call"

THE FOUR VOICES - "Your love is getting stronger"

AL WILLIAMS - "I am nothing"

THELMA LINDSAY - "Why weren't you there"

EDDIE HILL - "Nothing sweeter (than you girl)"

LARRY WRIGHT - "Sweet sweet kisses"

ED CROOK - "That's alright" etc.

"The Sound of Funk 1" (1992 Goldmine) (M-/M-) £20

LEROY AND THE DRIVERS - "The sad chicken""

JAMES LEWIS FIELDS - "How long shall I wait"

THE VILLAGE CALLERS - "Hector"

FABULOUS CAPRICES - "Groovy world"

THE FABULOUS COUNTS - "Jan Jan"

FRANK WILLIAMS - "You got to be man"

JAMES SPENCER - "Take this woman off the corner"

ROBERT MOORE - "Everything's gonna be alright"

SPANKY WILSON - "You" etc.

"The Sound of Funk 2" (1993 Goldmine) (M-/Ex+) £20 SOLD

THE GATURS - "Gator bait"

THE VIBRETTES - "Humpty dump"

ANN ALFORD - "Got to get me a job"

5 OUNCES OF SOUL - "Love got a piece of your mind"

1619 B.A.B. - "World"

B.W. SOULS - "Marvin's groove" etc

"The Sound of Funk 4" (1994 Goldmine) (M/M-) £15

BURNETT BYNUM & THE SOUL INVADERS - "The funky fat man"

THE RAW SOUL WITH FRANKIE BEVERLY - "Open up your heart"

WEE WILLIE & THE WINNERS - "Get some"

THE MARLBORO MEN - "(Ride on) iron horse"

THE XPLOSIONS - "Wait a minute" etc.

"(The sound of) Funk 7" (1994 Goldmine) (M-/Ex+) £12

PAT HUNT - "Super cool (you're just a super fool)"

THERON & DARREL - "It's your love"

ABRAHAM - "Hook & boogie (Part 1)"

HANK CARBO - "Hot pants"

ERNIE AND THE TOP NOTES INC. - "Dap walk"

GENERAL CROOK - "Gimme some"

SLIM & THE SOULFUL SAINTS - "Fish head" etc.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by phillyDaveG
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi Trev again not heard from you am really interested in Temptations Anthology LP call me on 07855491555 please leave a message as I wont answer phone unless I reg number or email me at

trevor.hartley@simplymortgage.eu

Cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert