Barrowby Soul - Sat 27th Oct

Just like to thank everyone who came to Barrowby last night from far and wide (Ripley to our west and Great Yarmouth to our east !!!!) and made it a great night, sorry it gets so hot in there, we forgot to bring the big fan this month :g: didn't you Barry :D

Big big thanks to Mick Cooper who did a storming spot of Modern, RnB, 70,s and some storming underplayed 60,s !!! Nice one Mick.

sorry about the amp deciding to switch itself off at midnight (again) !!! it gets so hot it trips out even though we have put a fan on it !! i think it,s trying to tell us that we are meant to finish at 12 and not carry on like we normally do :(

Thanks again folks,

Ian & Barry.

• Replies 1
  • Views 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Barrowby Memorial Hall near Grantham is a bit like the Tardis from Dr. Who. It's small (ish) external physicality belies an interior of a size big enough to hold a whole world of diversity of sounds and a friendliness to match. Hosts and resident dee jays Ian Seaman and Barry Cooper have groomed the big hearted regulars from all over the east midlands and beyond into a host of across-the-baord aficionados that respect, accept and dance to R n B, 60s, 70s, cross-over and modern each with as much appreciation as the others. sam & dave, lavern baker et al, sit in comfort alongside michaels' proctor and wycof with ease and consummate comfort each achieving dance floor reactions envied by far bigger clubs i have visited in the past. Just off the A1 near Grantham makes it an easy place to find, so no excuses there, the wooden dance floor is almost as smooth as the sound played to accompany those dancing feet. Barrowby is a place one must visit at least once before one is confined to a residential home with nothing but memories, for, believe me, if you've been to Barrowby you will know what northern soul is about, togetherness. the togetherness of like minded people dancing to the togetherness of all the genre that make up our northern soul.

pix on site below

Source Advert