Joe Salamone

CRUMB

Anyone know anything about this bloke? My mate just bought a Joey Hetherton off him but it never arrived. Looking at his feedback it looks like he sold the same record to someone else as well and they didn't get it either. His ebay username is chuck260563

The bloke wanted cash or bank transfer but my mate persuaded him to accept paypal but to his wife's account, is there anything he can do to get his money back?

Cheers

Crumb

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest deepgroove

Anyone know anything about this bloke? My mate just bought a Joey Hetherton off him but it never arrived. Looking at his feedback it looks like he sold the same record to someone else as well and they didn't get it either. His ebay username is chuck260563

The bloke wanted cash or bank transfer but my mate persuaded him to accept paypal but to his wife's account, is there anything he can do to get his money back?

Cheers

Crumb

Either the guy is a crook or someone hijacked his account. chuck260563 is no longer a registered user on eBay, which means eBay kicked him off due to too many negatives. He won one of my items last month but never paid.

Your mate could try to get his money back by filing a claim with paypal, but that would assume that his wife has kept a balance there, which she probably hasn't.

Social source share

Either the guy is a crook or someone hijacked his account. chuck260563 is no longer a registered user on eBay, which means eBay kicked him off due to too many negatives. He won one of my items last month but never paid.

Your mate could try to get his money back by filing a claim with paypal, but that would assume that his wife has kept a balance there, which she probably hasn't.

joe salamone aka joseph salamone is a notorious belgian scum bag, he's doing this for years and years w/out getting caught. i'd say do not buy from any belgian seller on or outside ebay unless he/she is recommended by someone trustworthy.

your mates pretty lucky that he paid via paypal. he better try to get his money back as soon as possible, i wouldn't be surprised if the paypal account is cancelled by salamone and any money withdrawn within the next few days!

Social source share

Joe Salamone is a name that has appeared on here for years, on a regular basis, for all the above reasons.

Try doing a search on the site, you may find some more information

Martyn

Wasn't he Jeff Salamone too ?

Social source share

Same problem here! Sent him a euro draft for around e250 and guess what? The 2 records never came and he ignores my e mails. I tricked him into opening an e mail with a read receipt under a different name and he replied saying he hadn't had any money. Brilliant considering he acknowledged receiving the registered letter with the draft. I have his address, but not sure how pucker it is, in Mons. I may well organise a visit from one of my 'friends'. If anyone can shed more light please pm me.

Regards, Steve.

Social source share

Same problem here! Sent him a euro draft for around e250 and guess what? The 2 records never came and he ignores my e mails. I tricked him into opening an e mail with a read receipt under a different name and he replied saying he hadn't had any money. Brilliant considering he acknowledged receiving the registered letter with the draft. I have his address, but not sure how pucker it is, in Mons. I may well organise a visit from one of my 'friends'. If anyone can shed more light please pm me.

Regards, Steve.

Steve,

There should be several old threads relating to this guy and other aliases he's used. Long time con artist. Perhaps the mods can provide links to the other threads for Steve and the others? Given the length of time he's been doing this and the number of people he's conned, it may well be worth contacting UK and Belgian police and Trading Standards, as well as Ebay and Paypal etc. Good luck.

Rich

Social source share

Cheers

Crumb

you need to claim within 30 days

i got refunded £780 from paypal

its paypal who are responsible

if no luck, lets hope you paid from a credit card not balance

then put in a claim to your card company

regards pete

Social source share

you need to claim within 30 days

i got refunded £780 from paypal

its paypal who are responsible

if no luck, lets hope you paid from a credit card not balance

then put in a claim to your card company

regards pete

paypal used to fully cover your loss, now it only covers what it can recover from the account of the person who ripped you off. I actually got screwed by a fake belgian guy (maybe the same person, although their name in the account was "phillipe henrioul" or something like that). Ebay with 0 feedback, etc. I thought I was safe because I convinced them to use paypal. I didn't know that they had just changed their policy. I did somehow get $20 of the $60 back, though, as they still had that in their account.

Social source share

paypal used to fully cover your loss, now it only covers what it can recover from the account of the person who ripped you off. I actually got screwed by a fake belgian guy (maybe the same person, although their name in the account was "phillipe henrioul" or something like that). Ebay with 0 feedback, etc. I thought I was safe because I convinced them to use paypal. I didn't know that they had just changed their policy. I did somehow get $20 of the $60 back, though, as they still had that in their account.

by the way

He threatened to burn my house down

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!