Sugar Beet, Spalding

coops

the sugar beet social club in spalding was a sweet venue for those who travelled from all over east anglia and the east midlands this windy friday in january.

the rewards were plentiful, a venue with an almost perfect wooden dance floor, a room full (a rare thing these days) full of like minded people in search of a sweet soul sound or two, and of course, the icing on the cake..... the music.

oh the music, sweeter than any sugar could dream of being.

a thick molasses of soulful sounds spilling from the speakers and pouring into our ever hungry ears.

perry and john hall kicked things off, what these two lacked in the communicating-through-the-mic department they sure made up for with the pleasing sounds of sweet soul music.

then mine hosts steve 'jay' jackson and kev laws delivered treat after treat to get the floor even more worn in ready for the 'star attraction'.

then soul sam came on, the king held court and delighted his subjects in well and lesser known soul music as only he can.a perfect night.

but to me, the music played by steve jackson really (and usually does) hit the spot.

i don't know whether it's simply because we have a similar taste in soul music or whether it's his depth of knowledge and extensive modern/cross over collection but either way the man never seems to play a duff record.

when one gets a welcome on the door from rob with a smile wider than one of sam's 12 inchers you know that the ITS spalding crew are going to deliver a friendly first class evening of pure enjoyment, and it was, in an over used word, awsome.

future guests include 'tats' and chris forrest, well along with steve jackson that's three of my favourite five dee jays in one night, guess where i will be.....

yep, spalding in the heart of the south holland fens surrounded by friends and digesting, once again, the sweet sounds of quality soul music. cooper

(images on site below)

Edited by coops
  • Replies 2
  • Views 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great Night Steve & Kev..... part 2 was as awesome as part 1!.....Sam's spot great as always and Steve you really hit the spot ... would love to see you rock Silk's with Sam !

Warm welcome as always at Spalding and thanks to everyone that got there St Ive's tickets..... Cambridge crew had a great evening and stayed till the lights went on .....look forward to the next on ... see you all there ..

All the best

David

Ps did the bar run out of the black stuff as I'm sure Max & Phil drunk a month's supply ! :lol::thumbsup:

Source Advert