Anyone Heard Of Paulette Williams

Geoff

Talking to my next door neighbour who collects ska, reggae, etc vinyl in a small way, he asked me if I'd heard of a singer called Paulette Williams. He said he thought she was a rock steady singer. There is a soul singer called Paulette (Love My Baby?) but not heard of this lady. Can anyone give me any information on her please?

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Talking to my next door neighbour who collects ska, reggae, etc vinyl in a small way, he asked me if I'd heard of a singer called Paulette Williams. He said he thought she was a rock steady singer. There is a soul singer called Paulette (Love My Baby?) but not heard of this lady. Can anyone give me any information on her please?

Hi Geoff,

Paulette Williams recorded MY ISLAND for Alvin 'G.G.' Ranglin in 1973 (U.K. Explosion - EX2084). Prior to that, she was one half of Paulette & Gee (Gee was a "Williams", presumably her sister!), aka the Sisters who recorded FEEL IT and a version of the Three Tops (a Rocksteady group who recorded for Duke Reid and so named after the Four Tops) DO IT RIGHT, called HOLD ON TIGHT in 1970 - also for G.G. (U.K. Camel CA55). They also recorded HOW LONG WILL YOU STAY? for G.G. - I only have this on a C.D.

With Nora Dean (she of BARBWIRE fame), Paulette and Gee made up the Ebony Sisters, who recorded some handsome tunes for Harry Mudie in 1969, like EACH TIME and LET ME TELL YOU BOY.

Whether Paulette Williams recorded any Rocksteady, I don't know. also, I have nothing later than the aforementioned MY ISLAND by her.

Don't know aught more than that, Geoff. Hope it helps.

Social source share

Hi Geoff,

Paulette Williams recorded MY ISLAND for Alvin 'G.G.' Ranglin in 1973 (U.K. Explosion - EX2084). Prior to that, she was one half of Paulette & Gee (Gee was a "Williams", presumably her sister!), aka the Sisters who recorded FEEL IT and a version of the Three Tops (a Rocksteady group who recorded for Duke Reid and so named after the Four Tops) DO IT RIGHT, called HOLD ON TIGHT in 1970 - also for G.G. (U.K. Camel CA55). They also recorded HOW LONG WILL YOU STAY? for G.G. - I only have this on a C.D.

With Nora Dean (she of BARBWIRE fame), Paulette and Gee made up the Ebony Sisters, who recorded some handsome tunes for Harry Mudie in 1969, like EACH TIME and LET ME TELL YOU BOY.

Whether Paulette Williams recorded any Rocksteady, I don't know. also, I have nothing later than the aforementioned MY ISLAND by her.

Don't know aught more than that, Geoff. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much for the information, I will pass it on to my neighbour. To be honest the names you refer to mean nothing to me, as I am only into ska, etc in a smail way. But he may know them.

Any other info gratefully received.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert