Tears Of A Clown... Withdrawn B Side?

Guest soulsaver

Guest soulsaver

Hi Guys - first post other than a 'Hi', so be gentle:

Hardly rare I know, but interesting nevertheless to UK collectors: I remember when the above came out (1970ish) that there was two slightly differring mixes. I discovered later there were 2 different b sides on stock issues: You Must Be Love and Who's Gonna Take The Blame, YMBL being the rarey. I have no idea why the withdrawal of the YMBL. I assume that the different mixes alligned with the diffrent bs but thats not really my question. So what is?

Manships (first?) UK price guide has the ymbl stocker at £50 but doesn't list the ymbl demo. Is that because it doesn't exist or is it another of his 'deliberate' mistakes? :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hardly rare I know, but interesting nevertheless to UK collectors: I remember when the above came out (1970ish) that there was two slightly differring mixes. I discovered later there were 2 different b sides on stock issues: You Must Be Love and Who's Gonna Take The Blame, YMBL being the rarey. I have no idea why the withdrawal of the YMBL. I assume that the different mixes alligned with the diffrent bs but thats not really my question. So what is?

Manships (first?) UK price guide has the ymbl stocker at £50 but doesn't list the ymbl demo. Is that because it doesn't exist or is it another of his 'deliberate' mistakes? ohmy.gif

PopSike.com

300069354143.jpg

Not too sure about this one regarding the DEMO, but I remember it's release.

When I bought my copy with the "Whose Gonna Take The Blame" side,

I noticed a blend of each, amongst the small amount in the shop.

Wasn't 100% as to which to buy and I bought the least rare, It happens. :lol:

A Virtual 50/50 choice for me, Obviously that ain't the case as a bigger picture.

Taught me to buy both in future, a learning curve.

Hard to Imagine the senario as to the DEMO, hopefully someone on here will know.

An obvious question on hindsight, However, I believe that you may be one of the first to ask.

Had a quick look on PopSike.com click on either Label

PopSike.com

110214258598.jpg

There are 3 listed DEMO's with the RARE the B Side

Thanks for raising the question, Welcome to Soul Source. :wicked:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest soulsaver

PopSike.com

300069354143.jpg

Not too sure about this one regarding the DEMO, but I remember it's release.

When I bought my copy with the "Whose Gonna Take The Blame" side,

I noticed a blend of each, amongst the small amount in the shop.

Wasn't 100% as to which to buy and I bought the least rare, It happens. :D

A Virtual 50/50 choice for me, Obviously that ain't the case as a bigger picture.

Taught me to buy both in future, a learning curve.

Hard to Imagine the senario as to the DEMO, hopefully someone on here will know.

An obvious question on hindsight, However, I believe that you may be one of the first to ask.

Had a quick look on PopSike.com click on either Label

PopSike.com

110214258598.jpg

There are 3 listed DEMO's with the RARE the B Side

Thanks for raising the question, Welcome to Soul Source. :)

Thanks Roger - the penny's dropped : It's the wgttb demo that is unlikely to exist. The ymbl that would be the standard issue demo, then the stocker and then withdrawn... it's unlkely they'd go back and print new promo's for a 'b' side. Anybody know any different (disregarding manships book...)?

Social source share

Manships (first?) UK price guide has the ymbl stocker at £50 but doesn't list the ymbl demo. Is that because it doesn't exist or is it another of his 'deliberate' mistakes? :lol:

Manships (first?) UK price guide has the ymbl stocker at £50 but doesn't list the ymbl demo. Is that because it doesn't exist or is it another of his 'deliberate' mistakes?

I do make mistakes like but certainly not deliberate ones.

We've never had a DEMO of TMG 745 with "you must be love" on the flip in memory. We don't list titles we've never had a copy or not had it confirmed from reliable trusted sources. If existance is confirmed as a DEMO I'll list it in the next edition. If not it'll remain ommitted or listed next time as "unconfirmed" but that "unconfirmed" catagory opens the floodgates for almost anything to be considered so we only use that description occasionally and where warranted

The only "deliberate" typos are occasional and tiny minute changes. These are to protect our research and data. Othwerwise you have "other" Guides copying info. They can read two lines at once and list things like the rare Ral Donner 45 on Sunlight 1006 as Ral Donner on Twilight in green vinyl. Whoops, I don't think so.

Social source share

Guest soulsaver

Manships (first?) UK price guide has the ymbl stocker at £50 but doesn't list the ymbl demo. Is that because it doesn't exist or is it another of his 'deliberate' mistakes?

I do make mistakes like but certainly not deliberate ones.

We've never had a DEMO of TMG 745 with "you must be love" on the flip in memory. We don't list titles we've never had a copy or not had it confirmed from reliable trusted sources. If existance is confirmed as a DEMO I'll list it in the next edition. If not it'll remain ommitted or listed next time as "unconfirmed" but that "unconfirmed" catagory opens the floodgates for almost anything to be considered so we only use that description occasionally and where warranted

The only "deliberate" typos are occasional and tiny minute changes. These are to protect our research and data. Othwerwise you have "other" Guides copying info. They can read two lines at once and list things like the rare Ral Donner 45 on Sunlight 1006 as Ral Donner on Twilight in green vinyl. Whoops, I don't think so.

I understand what your deliberate mistakes are for, it says so in one of the guides; which is why I put the comment. Your other comments are just trying to wind us up...... Have you had a demo of the wgttb that's listed at £20?

Social source share

Guest soulsaver

I understand what your deliberate mistakes are for, it says so in one of the guides; which is why I put the comment. Your other comments are just trying to wind us up...... Have you had a demo of the wgttb that's listed at £20?

No answer was the stern reply...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert