Denaby Miners Welfare Friday 16th May -3rd Friday Every Month

Big, big "THANK YOU" to all who came and supported our charity soul night in aid of Premature baby research.

We had an absolutley awesome night, with the Door, the Raffle and the Auction, we raised a fantastic £332.00 for this great cause :(:D :D .

Our first guest El Nel did a crack'in spot through out and kept the dance floor busy, our second guest the mighty Mr Mark Whiteley hit it right on the nail as usual. A brilliant mix of northern classic's and semi known nothern dancer's, also i'd like to say thank's for your help with the raffle and the auction Mark - nice one.

Thank's again to everyone, including the DJ's, the management at the Welfare, to Chris, Av and Pete, and all our freind's old and new who follow us and support us every month :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Hope to see you all next month ( 20th of june) when we will be joined by top northern

DJ John Poole and the Brandy Sister's.

Please keep supporting this great venue, see you soon, best Woody :no: .

• Replies 4
  • Views 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Big, big "THANK YOU" to all who came and supported our charity soul night in aid of Premature baby research.

We had an absolutley awesome night, with the Door, the Raffle and the Auction, we raised a fantastic £332.00 for this great cause .

Our first guest El Nel did a crack'in spot through out and kept the dance floor busy, our second guest the mighty Mr Mark Whiteley hit it right on the nail as usual. A brilliant mix of northern classic's and semi known nothern dancer's, also i'd like to say thank's for your help with the raffle and the auction Mark - nice one.

Thank's again to everyone, including the DJ's, the management at the Welfare, to Chris, Av and Pete, and all our freind's old and new who follow us and support us every month .

Hope to see you all next month ( 20th of june) when we will be joined by top northern

DJ John Poole and the Brandy Sister's.

Please keep supporting this great venue, see you soon, best Woody .

WOODY & DICK

WELL DONE FOR RAISING £332 IN AID OF PREMATURE BABY RESEARCH. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE ENJOYING THEMSELVES DANCING & LISTENING TO THE MUSIC THEY LOVE WHILST MONEY WAS ALSO RAISED FOR THIS APPEAL. THE AUCTION WAS GOOD FUN - MARK DID YOU PROUD. YOUR HARD WORK PAID OFF GUYS. THIS CHARITY IS CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS AS PETE'S GRANDAUGHTER WAS BORN PREMATURE IN PORTUGAL LAST JUNE AND SPENT MANY WEEKS IN HOSPITAL BEFORE SHE WAS WELL ENOUGH TO GO HOME. THE GOOD NEWS IS NEXT MONTH WE'LL BE CELEBRATING CATIA'S 1ST BIRTHDAY - SHE'S BEAUTIFUL AND A REAL CHARACTER. :(thumbup.gif

EL NEL AND MARK WHITELEY KEPT THE DANCEFLOOR BUSY ALL NIGHT WITH A GREAT ACROSS THE BOARD MIX (THANKS TO NEL FOR PLAYING MARION STEWART AND TO MARK FOR PLAYING THE ARABIANS & GUITAR RAY - TOP TUNES!!!) :huh:

NOT FORGETTING THE RESIDENT DJS WOODY & DICK WHO ALWAYS PLAY A GOOD MIX. :D

IF YOU'VE NOT ALREADY BEEN TO DENABY, COME ALONG & GIVE IT YOUR SUPPORT. DENABY IS A GREAT VENUE, WITH A FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, LARGE DANCEFLOOR, RUN BY 2 GREAT GUYS. NOT FORGETTING THE REALLY, REALLY CHEAP BAR! :huh:

ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE FOR RAISING £332 FOR CHARITY!!! thumbsup.gif

SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH!

Edited by LittleAv
Guest elnel

Thanks a million dave and dick for handing over your regular 3rd fri to this charrity event and thanks for the hard work you 2 and my mate mark whitely put in to make it the succes it was £332 was a fantastic and unexpected sum to raise and i thank all who attended and gave so genorously . Anyone reading this and hasnt been to the welly yet get down there and give it a go youl be glad you did cos its a great place with everything going for it lovely big dance floor equaly big bar beer as cheap as chips loads of parking great music WOT MORE DO YA WANT .Nel

Guest chris

devil4fa9.jpg

A fantastic night as always, especially for raising so much money for charity, it certainly makes all the hard work and

organisation worth while. Woody and Dick, I take my hat off to you lads, all I can say is well done... wink.gif

Mark and Nel you kept me dancing all night, just as I've come to expect, Denaby, as always, a dancers paradice.

Hey Mark, very impressive, your auction technique is second to none, selling ice-cream to Eskimos springs to mind.

You're not a double glazing salesman are you ?....:shhh:

See you all on the 20th of June for the next instalment, I can't wait. The impressive line up of guest DJ's will beyond

doubt result in yet another cracking evening, and as my birthday falls on the day before don't be alarmed to see

me partying ( making a fool of myself ) even more than usual.... rolleyes.gif

Come down and experience the quality atmosphere for yourselves, lend your support to this deserving venue. If all else

fails, you're sure to get a laugh from watching me... :thumbup:

Chris.

devil4fa9.jpg

A fantastic night as always, especially for raising so much money for charity, it certainly makes all the hard work and

organisation worth while. Woody and Dick, I take my hat off to you lads, all I can say is well done... :D

Mark and Nel you kept me dancing all night, just as I've come to expect, Denaby, as always, a dancers paradice.

Hey Mark, very impressive, your auction technique is second to none, selling ice-cream to Eskimos springs to mind.

You're not a double glazing salesman are you ?.... :yes:

See you all on the 20th of June for the next instalment, I can't wait. The impressive line up of guest DJ's will beyond

doubt result in yet another cracking evening, and as my birthday falls on the day before don't be alarmed to see

me partying ( making a fool of myself ) even more than usual.... :thumbsup:

Come down and experience the quality atmosphere for yourselves, lend your support to this deserving venue. If all else

fails, you're sure to get a laugh from watching me... :lol:

Chris.

I had a ball :(

Best and cheapest John Smiths in England

Great Crowd - Good Friends etc

And the chance to do my bit for this worthwhile cause :thumbsup:

My hour spot extended into nearer two! - Thanx to Dave 'n' Dick for allowing me to 'waffle on'

Initial apprehension about maybe bringing the wrong playbox soon dwindled as it became clear from the onset that the crowd were up for something a bit different from the usual.

Me buddy Nel opened the guest spots with a super mix of classics and rarities and from here on in I knew that this was not going to be just 'another oldies night' - thanx to the enthusiasm of the dancers we got a chance to drift away from the 'accepted norm'. Top marks to the Dancers for allowing us to be a bit more expressive in the playlists.

Great News on the final figure for the Charity and thanx to all who bought raffle tickets and played a part in the auction.

Special thanx to Dick n Woody for the invite, Mary, Av n Pete, Chris & Nel for your company.

See ya next time

M. thumbsup.gif

ps - no Chris, no not double glazing - Vehicle Repairs! - want a quote????????

M.

Source Advert