Lenny O Henry On Smash

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...anyone got one - or know of one - for sale in at least EX++ condition, and at a price that won't mean that I have to put off getting a much-needed new clutch for yet another week?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

...anyone got one - or know of one - for sale in at least EX++ condition, and at a price that won't mean that I have to put off getting a much-needed new clutch for yet another week?

Hi Tony,

I've got an EX+/M- white demo that I'd be willing to let go...drop me a pm :thumbup:

Adam.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi Tony,

I've got an EX+/M- white demo that I'd be willing to let go...drop me a pm :thumbup:

Adam.

I've just done that very thing....

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Same backing is used on Invitations 'Handwriting on the wall'

...and on 'Plug Tunin' by De La Soul!

Sorted for this now, thanks to the man with the Soul Supermarket...

Social source share

...and on 'Plug Tunin' by De La Soul!

I recall almost choking on my coffee when I first heard the relevant smple on their superb album, 'Three feet high and rising', all those years ago!

In fact, I do believe it happened in a record store called, 'Backs' in Norwich, back in the Spring of 1989...a great shop in it's day and a place where us record label reps would happily stay for a coffee and chat after the sales pitch...halcyon times!

If I hear any track from it now, its guaranteed to put a smile on my face...a classic album indeed.

:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I recall almost choking on my coffee when I first heard the relevant smple on their superb album, 'Three feet high and rising', all those years ago!

In fact, I do believe it happened in a record store called, 'Backs' in Norwich, back in the Spring of 1989...a great shop in it's day and a place where us record label reps would happily stay for a coffee and chat after the sales pitch...halcyon times!

If I hear any track from it now, its guaranteed to put a smile on my face...a classic album indeed.

:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more about TFH&R's classic status, Dave - it's one of the only albums of its era (and its kind) that still sounds as fresh and exciting today as the day it was minted. Such a brilliant use of vintage soul samples, too - as well as The Invitations/Lenny O, Prince Paul used the likes of:

Maggie Thrett - Soupy

Garnet Mimms - A Little Bit Of Soap

Parliament - Little Old Country Boy

Cymande - Bra

The Mad Lads - Make This Young Lady Mine and No Strings Attached

...and loads more that I can't think of offhand...

In fact it's such a wonderful album that I feel compelled to play it right now, so I'm going to do just that!

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Source Advert