Phew! Safe To Sell Those Promos Now

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest deepgroove

Up until 3 or 4 years ago, eBay would routinely delete any listing of a demo record, even if the label had been out of business for 40+ years. Made no sense with the older items, but I think they were being advised by ultra conservative lawyers who favoured avoiding any controversy and didn't "get it" that these were for collectors, not profiteers. I think when ebay realized how much commissions they were losing by disallowing vintage demo records to be auctioned, was when they decided to let them alone.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I had a period a couple of years ago buying Promo Cd's from Oxfam In Ealing Broadway, Donated by BBC Radio in White City. It is suprising what people will pay for Bon Jovi's forthcoming releases, abet 3 Months in advance, The Only problem I encountered was anything through EMI, threaten with court action, force to return items etc, I spoke to them about older releases, ie Tamla Red and Whites. they stated the only things they were interested in was items being sold pre release date. However they must have put pressure on Oxfam (no inclination from me) as a few months later all stock remove, so the end of a nice little earner. Must have through 100's of Cold Play, Oasis etc.

Lets just wait for a UK ruling.

Jules

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Me too Harry. It'd be daft if it were any other ruling methinks. What would they do? Appoint E-Bay Police to pounce on every promo seller?

Ian D :thumbsup:

wouldnt put it past these lunatic do gooders that are ruling our country , especially if they could make a few quid

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert