Barrow Hill Soul Club "the Hill" Sat 7 Sept 2008

• Replies 5
  • Views 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What another great night. Thanks to everyone who came through the doors.

All the vinyl spinners were great except maybe the guy who was on last... :P:P .

Terry Westhead had a good debut-his first time behind the decks (or any decks?) was a triumph. Now comes the REAL pressure as he`s got to keep it up! :(

Martin Dixon was absolutely magnificent (even I didn`t expect THAT kind of spot from you mate. :huh: .)

And Keith was er, Keith! Which means good. :P

Quite a good turnout considering the amount of other stuff that was on last night..

Always a great friendly atmos and great dancefloor.

What did everyone else think?

P.S. Next month (Sat 4th October) there`s a multitude of star deejays (and vinyl) playing on the decks..

Free admission-And if you attended last night you`ll know why.

Edited by The Soul Intention

What another great night. Thanks to everyone who came through the doors.

All the vinyl spinners were great except maybe the guy who was on last... :yes::yes: .

Terry Westhead had a good debut-his first time behind the decks (or any decks?) was a triumph. Now comes the REAL pressure as he`s got to keep it up! :lol:

Martin Dixon was absolutely magnificent (even I didn`t expect THAT kind of spot from you mate. :thumbup: .)

And Keith was er, Keith! Which means good. :)

Quite a good turnout considering the amount of other stuff that was on last night..

Always a great friendly atmos and great dancefloor.

What did everyone else think?

P.S. Next month (Sat 4th October) there`s a multitude of star deejays (and vinyl) playing on the decks..

Free admission-And if you attended last night you`ll know why.

Thanks for the invite Stuart.

Got to say I really enjoyed it & it was nice to play something a bit different to what I normally play.

Thought Terry was very good as well & how good was it to hear Night Of The Wolf played out on a big system after all these years.

Still got a lot of my old Northern stuff & I'm glad the folks on the night got off thier asses & had a dance to them alongside the newer stuff I played. Sorry I killed it with The Incredibles - Crying Heart but I just love the record to bits & if I hadn't been behind the decks I'd have been on't floor doing my stuff.

Don't do too many Northern nights these days but still like to dip my toe in't water now & again & will do my best to be over next month for yours & Caths knees up :lol:

Got to say I really enjoyed it & it was nice to play something a bit different to what I normally play.

Thought Terry was very good as well & how good was it to hear Night Of The Wolf played out on a big system after all these years.

Still got a lot of my old Northern stuff & I'm glad the folks on the night got off thier asses & had a dance to them alongside the newer stuff I played. Sorry I killed it with The Incredibles - Crying Heart but I just love the record to bits & if I hadn't been behind the decks I'd have been on't floor doing my stuff.

Don't do too many Northern nights these days but still like to dip my toe in't water now & again & will do my best to be over next month for yours & Caths knees up :rolleyes:

Martin

What was that last one you played again? I've forgot already

Cheers

Brian

Don't do too many Northern nights these days but still like to dip my toe in't water now & again & will do my best to be over next month for yours & Caths knees up :rolleyes:

Yeah-thanks for coming over brother. You`d best make it next month-you`re on the deejay list again along with Mark Hopes and Keith M so far.

As you should know, I`m not allowed at on this time because:

A. I am the groom

or

B. Only deejays are allowed on the decks that night.

or

C. Both

Answers on a postcard please.

Nah, but seriously folks-I just thought I`d play summat different Last Saturday night to what I normally play..e.g. Tommy James, Esko Affair to name a few (forgotten Cleethorpes and Wigan oldies... who remembers these now?)

Tempests, Susan King, Vince Apollo etc. Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll, DJ Genesis, We The People, Fantastic Puzzles and more...A mishmash of everything really...

If I can remember my playlist I`ll put it up...

Anyway thanks to all and hopefully (no pun intended there Mark) see ya all next month....

Edited by The Soul Intention

Source Advert