Sounds Of Soul - Saturday 22nd November - Hemel Hempstead

Guest Dr Pickles

Guest Dr Pickles

Sounds Of Soul

Proudly present an evening of Northern Soul in Hertfordshire.

Saturday 22nd November 2008 and our 4th Anniversary :thumbsup:

The Hemel Hempstead Football Club

Vauxhall Road,

Hemel Hempstead.

HP2 4HW

5 mins from Junction 8 M1

7.30 - 12.00

Car Park, Large Maple wooden dance floor, air con and bar.

Admission £6.00 on the door.

To reserve tickets ring Chris on 07532 486 821

Resident DJ's Chris, Reg, Yogi and Lorraine look forward to welcoming you to an evening of classic sounds.

If you were at the last one you will know what to expect. If not, see below......

med_gallery_1774_1018_255364.jpg

Northern Soul in Hertfordshire goes from strength to strength. Hemel football club has a large maple dance floor, stage for the DJ's (to keep us out of the way of the dancers), seating area and large bar.

:lol: This is a soul night with the emphasis on dancers yes.gif . The music policy is to keep the floor filled with classic uptempo soul. If you're venturing on to the floor for the first time you'll find a friendly up for it crowd. thumbsup.gif

See you there

Chris, Reg & Yogi

Edited by Dr Pickles
  • Replies 20
  • Views 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kev such

Evening Chris.

4 Years!!! Well done mate.

Unfortunately cant make it down as its the Cracker that night too.

We're all looking forward to you doing you magic up here in March.

Have agood night Chris and give our regards to Lorraine.

Kev and Karen

Guest Dr Pickles

Evening Chris.

4 Years!!! Well done mate.

Unfortunately cant make it down as its the Cracker that night too.

We're all looking forward to you doing you magic up here in March.

Have agood night Chris and give our regards to Lorraine.

Kev and Karen

Hi Kev

Many thanks for the birthday wishes.

Got together with Reg and Yogi this afternoon for a sound check of the system and an excuss to play our new sounds. There was still the same enthusiasm and excitement that we all had on the very first night.

Looking forward to getting up to see you in March.

Have a fantastic Christmas Cracker and we'll see you on the 29th for the Stewartby nighter.

ATB

Chris

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Many thanks for the birthday wishes.

Got together with Reg and Yogi this afternoon for a sound check of the system and an excuss to play our new sounds. There was still the same enthusiasm and excitement that we all had on the very first night.

Looking forward to getting up to see you in March.

Have a fantastic Christmas Cracker and we'll see you on the 29th for the Stewartby nighter.

ATB

Chris

Looking forward to this Chris. Got some flyers from Ady today to put out at the Cracker. Will speak to you at Stewartby regarding digs for you and Lorraine if you want. Its what i do for travelling DJs. No where special though just a double sleeping bag and a cardboard box on Rothwells Market Square. :ohmy:

Regards

kev

Guest Dr Pickles

Hoping to make it up for this Chris, keep missing SOS, but definitely in our diary now.

Martin & Toni :thumbsup:

Hi Martin

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away for the weekend.

It would be great to see you two up for this one or early next year.

It's a busy calendar, so when ever you can make it. :wicked:

ATB

Chris

Guest Dr Pickles

If Andy and Tracy are coming then me and Em are coming :o)

Brilliant.

Great to hear you'll all be joining us for our birthday celerbrations on Saturday.

Really looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

See you there.

Chris

Guest Dr Pickles

:( 4 years lads! Where did the time go,lol. Hoping that you wont be half inching any more of my posters to stick on your walls you swines, looking at the pics above :D Pickles, will call you later, still trying to sort that 45 out for you mate :( Onwards and upwards.

I know, I can't believe it.

It's an honour for me to have a little piece of the Plinston up at SOS and an age old tradition to steal the posters if I remember correctly :D .

I'll pm you about the record :rolleyes:

Cheers

Doc

Got the PM and have returned the favour ;-) I miss those heady days of everyone clock watching for midnight to strike before scaling the walls to half-inch the various posters around the walls but do recall that Reg, for someone so small, was very good at reaching so high and so fast - who knew!!!!! Now all you need is the complete set of Plinston Trading Cards and your away.

Got the PM and have returned the favour ;-) I miss those heady days of everyone clock watching for midnight to strike before scaling the walls to half-inch the various posters around the walls but do recall that Reg, for someone so small, was very good at reaching so high and so fast - who knew!!!!! Now all you need is the complete set of Plinston Trading Cards and your away.

1 of the tradingcards can be found here for sale!!!

https://www.chapmanrecords.co.uk/memorabilia.asp

Edited by mischief
Guest Dr Pickles

if andy and tracey are coming

and

paul and emma are coming

then

me and ian

and jenny and mike are coming

so four tickets please

Boots

Yours and Jenny's tickets were sorted 4 years ago when we started :thumbsup:

See you all Saturday

Doc

oh in that case if boots is going i'm not... shite is that a line out of Reg's book!!!!

i'll get done for copyright laugh.gif:D:unsure:

See you all Saturday... Boots i'll do you a CD as its been a while :lol:

not_i.gifnot_i.gifnot_i.gifnot_i.gif

Guest Little Reg

HI GUYS REG HERE.WELL DOESN'T TIME FLY WHEN CHRIS YOGI AND I STARTED THE SOUNDS OF SOUL CLUB WE THOUGHT WOULDENT IT BE NICE IF IT GOES FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. :D WELL FOUR YEARS LATER AND STILL GOING STRONG I BELIEVE IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOU WONDERFUL SOULIES. SO ILD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE PAST YEARS .AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE ON SATURRDAY.

MESSAGE FOR JENNY. IVE MANAGED TO GET THE MAIRO BIONDI TRACK ON VINYL IF YOUR THERE ILL PLAY IT FOR YER. :shhh:

ALSO GUY'S I HAVE A NEW WEB SITE WITH PLENTY OF THINGS YOU CAN DO ON IT AND SOME GREAT LINK'S PLUS SOME OF THE RADIO INTERVIEWS AND A GUEST BOOK SO PLEASE GIVE IT A VISIT www.searchingforsoul.info

SEEYOU ALL SATURDAY

LOT'S OF LOVE

LITTLE REG.X :wave:

Guest Dr Pickles

Just thought I'd put up some general directions:

Directions to Sounds of Soul are:

From The magic Roundabout in Hemel Town centre, go up the dual carriageway towards the M1, go over two roundabouts and take the second left turn (Longlands), go down about (300 yards) take the second right turn into Vauxhall Road, at the roundabout turn left into the Football Club.

OR

From the M1 motorway exit at Junction 8 and head for the Town Centre, go over two roundabouts and after 300 yards take the right hand filter to cross the dual carriageway, into Leverstock Green Road, go down about 400 yards to two mini roundabouts, at them turn left into Vauxhall Road, at the next roundabout turn right into the Football Club.

See you there :lol:

Doc

Source Advert