Decks & Mixer

Guest miff

Guest miff

Been offered a set of 2 decks and a mixer unit For £100 anybody tell me if this is a good deal or not. The decks are Omnitronic DD-2250 and the mixer is a Next CMX-360 all in good nick hardly been used gonna play it through a technics amp on my stero for now . Only draw back is thers No instruction book So if i buy it some advice will also be required Thanks in advance :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been offered a set of 2 decks and a mixer unit For £100 anybody tell me if this is a good deal or not. The decks are Omnitronic DD-2250 and the mixer is a Next CMX-360 all in good nick hardly been used gonna play it through a technics amp on my stero for now . Only draw back is thers No instruction book So if i buy it some advice will also be required Thanks in advance :wicked:

link

The Omnitronic is a cheap copy of the Technics and is a favourite with ned trance DJ's. It has a reputation as being one of the better copies as it is German made. New they cost £158 each. As long as you are not scratching , or mixing you'll be OK with them. Get some decent cartridges if they still have their original cheapos in place.

The CMX 360 appears to be a typical £70 three channel mixer.

Try before you buy. Is the mixer noise free, does the crossfader work ie. can you only hear one channel when you slide it to one end. Check the phono inputs and outputs by playing records and listening. Pan the sound from left to right. It's the phonos which tend to go on cheap mixers.

Ask what the set up was used for. i e was it a mobile disco which means tough wear for equipment.

and check e bay for prices of similar set ups.

Social source share

Guest miff

Got it set up seems to work find managed to get the mixer working the crossover seems to be ok just a bit crackly will get some contact cleaner from work it should sort that out, the mixer and decks were in a mates lads bedroom, he got them for a christmas presant and never really used it . Got the mixer outputs coming out off the phono outputs,next to them are some outputs titled line anybody tell me the differaence/what they are for ? :shhh:

Ta very much

Social source share

Got it set up seems to work find managed to get the mixer working the crossover seems to be ok just a bit crackly will get some contact cleaner from work it should sort that out, the mixer and decks were in a mates lads bedroom, he got them for a christmas presant and never really used it . Got the mixer outputs coming out off the phono outputs,next to them are some outputs titled line anybody tell me the differaence/what they are for ?  :shhh:

Ta very much

link

The signal from a record deck is that weak it needs to be pre amplified before it is sent to thh power amplifier and the PHONO inputs to the mixer go through that stage. The LINE input is for CD players (and any other sound source, minidisk, cassette player, etc).

Do not plug plug anything other than record decks into the PHONO inputs.

Some mixers have three outputs

AMP/LINE OUT to the power amplifier

BOOTH or ZONE to an amplifier and monitor speaker. When you use a Mic this output should automatically fade so there's no feedback.

RECORD Use this to record your set onto cassette, minidsisk, computer etc.

"the mixer and decks were in a mates lads bedroom, he got them for a christmas present and never really used it . " They have been the Cabbage Patch dolls for the teens for the last few years.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert