Value, Availability?

Guest Dan

Guest Dan

any ideas on price of this if it comes up for sale?

also, is it a record that's widely known?

and, finally, bollocks, here we go, is it any good?

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It is quite nice. Like many, many, many other similar tunes, but still nice. It sounds familiar but not sure I know it.

Social source share

Think i had this on a tape years ago ,but not all of it

The Whispers- The Dip ????

link

John

I think you're right

THE WHISPERS - THE DIP - on DORE??

Derek

Social source share

That was my first thought too due to the lyrics but I listend to the Whispers and it is not it. Unless I was deceived that is.

Social source share

No speakers at work, so can't listen in....but will hazard a guess.

There is a tune similar to The Whispers 'The dip' called something like 'I ain't got time' which has similar intro and starts off with vocals something like, 'I ain't got time to do the dip......'

I'm sure it's on one of the Millionaires CDs, cus Dave Evison plays it to death in his car, I just can't recall artist / group title.

Will listen in tonight and confirm...Whispers is a great tune to boot!

Regards,

Mace.

Edited by Mace
Social source share

You're thinking of The Oracles on OM, wrong tune though and it doesn't sound that familiar to this 'mystery tune'.

Social source share

Guest Dan

That was my first thought too due to the lyrics but I listend to the Whispers and it is not it. Unless I was deceived that is.

link

you're not deceived christian

not the whispers

Social source share

You're thinking of The Oracles on OM, wrong tune though and it doesn't sound that familiar to this 'mystery tune'.

link

That's the bunny I was thinking of...hmmm, gonna rush home so I can have a listen now.

Sounds interesting.......

Social source share

Guest remus

link

Definately NOT the Whispers 'Dip'

Social source share

link

The Temptation Walk - The Larks aka The Pretenders Jerk 202, released on Kent CD The Soul Of Money Records CDKEND 209.

Always gets played by Ady at the 100 Club, sounds even better down there.

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

The Temptation Walk - The Larks aka The Pretenders Jerk 202, released on Kent CD The Soul Of Money Records CDKEND 209.

Always gets played by Ady at the 100 Club, sounds even better down there.

Cheers

Nick

link

yes sounded very Curtis Mayfield to me

Social source share

Guest Dan

so it seems it is pretty much unknown, apart from ady's comp and his playing of it?

if not, anyone got any idea what one would fetch? haven't got either of the price books now - can some kind soul tell me if it's in there?

cheers

dan

Social source share

so it seems it is pretty much unknown, apart from ady's comp and his playing of it?

if not, anyone got any idea what one would fetch? haven't got either of the price books now - can some kind soul tell me if it's in there?

cheers

dan

link

JM's last but one guide (latest at home :yes: ) says

Pretenders,Temptation Walk, Jerk 2002 £1000. So latest book, probably double it :unsure:

Steve

Social source share

I admittedly did not place it when I heard it, but I was right in my hunch that I did know it from somewhere. It is included on the CD you did Dan, and I also found it on an old tape. It is nice but apparently it did not grab me enough to make me recall it. I have known it by title for a long time and have seen it listed, pretty sure Shifty listed one but can't recall the price, pretty sure it was nothing like £1000 though. And there has been at least one copy (I think possibly more, but only 100% certain of seeing one) for sale on ebay, it sold in the few hundred £ range, or slightly lower, as I recall it. I think £1000 is very optimistic.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I admittedly did not place it when I heard it, but I was right in my hunch that I did know it from somewhere. It is included on the CD you did Dan, and I also found it on an old tape. It is nice but apparently it did not grab me enough to make me recall it. I have known it by title for a long time and have seen it listed, pretty sure Shifty listed one but can't recall the price, pretty sure it was nothing like £1000 though. And there has been at least one copy (I think possibly more, but only 100% certain of seeing one) for sale on ebay, it sold in the few hundred £ range, or slightly lower, as I recall it. I think £1000 is very optimistic.

link

I DID say Manships guide :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Dan

link

good memory christian

no idea of value as have never seen for sale

have trawled back through shifty's lists and can't find it?

i agree 1000 quid for a record very few people seem to know is optimistic in the extreme but as steve says manship's guide is a bit odd from time to time

i think it's a blindingly good track, though the dance-related lyrics let it down slightly

Social source share

I can't find ANY old Shifty lists at the moment (I just looked for a pile I know I have tucked away somewhere), but I am pretty certain he had it and the comment was "very rare" or something. The tape was from someone in Europe I have not been in touch with for quite some time, it had some pretty esoteric stuff on it for the time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert