Ed Cooper, Natural Resources And More

Paul-s

ED COOPER - Just Like A Hero Nimrod m- (has 1 click at beginning) £130

ALVIN COFFEE - Stone Blind/I Found Myself Bold m- (Joe Walker under different name) £50

NATURAL RESOURCES - Nothing Lasts Forever Dee Dee vg++ £150 storming soul!

FLORIDA SPIRITULAIRES - I Remember When Ernies m- £70

VERSATILE GENTS - You've Blown My Mind Linco m- (Mick H play) Stormer! offers

pm if interested

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:rolleyes:

ALVIN COFFEE - Stone Blind/I Found Myself Bold m- (Joe Walker under different name) £50

NATURAL RESOURCES - Nothing Lasts Forever Dee Dee vg++ £150 storming soul!

FLORIDA SPIRITULAIRES - I Remember When Ernies m- £70

VERSATILE GENTS - You've Blown My Mind Linco m- (Mick H play) Stormer! offers

pm if interested

Social source share

Soooooooooooo good, Soulful too....highly recommended.

I wrote the following about it in Shades Of Soul back in 2000:

Ed Cooper - Just Like The Hero - Nimrod 904

Hey, do you appreciate a quality mid to late sixties Detroit production you do, then my friend this one's for you. How has this one escaped through the net and been overlooked for so long as it's such a classy sound, and will appeal to many fractions of the Northern collecting scene that now exist? A military sounding start with male group harmonies ooo-ooing over a beating snare drum and then a truly wonderful tight brass scale introduces Ed. Now, this guy has a great voice, yes just like dare I say Levi? "Just like the hero, I'm gonna win", right on, "I'll be right by your side, to love you and be your guide, and maybe make you forget the other guys". For sure he's gonna win her love, and proceeds to tell us how and why, whilst a lead guitar picks along and the male chorus give their responses right on time, all together creating it's late 60's classy feel within it's Joe Hunter arrangement. I've only just got my original copy back after letting it go in a trade years ago, and I've taped it for a few friends recently, and all agree it's a very "now" sounding disc. So, get it quick if you can, before this one gets its long overdue break, and the price jumps safely well into three figures.

:thumbup:

Social source share

Soooooooooooo good, Soulful too....highly recommended.

I wrote the following about it in Shades Of Soul back in 2000:

Ed Cooper - Just Like The Hero - Nimrod 904

Hey, do you appreciate a quality mid to late sixties Detroit production you do, then my friend this one's for you. How has this one escaped through the net and been overlooked for so long as it's such a classy sound, and will appeal to many fractions of the Northern collecting scene that now exist? A military sounding start with male group harmonies ooo-ooing over a beating snare drum and then a truly wonderful tight brass scale introduces Ed. Now, this guy has a great voice, yes just like dare I say Levi? "Just like the hero, I'm gonna win", right on, "I'll be right by your side, to love you and be your guide, and maybe make you forget the other guys". For sure he's gonna win her love, and proceeds to tell us how and why, whilst a lead guitar picks along and the male chorus give their responses right on time, all together creating it's late 60's classy feel within it's Joe Hunter arrangement. I've only just got my original copy back after letting it go in a trade years ago, and I've taped it for a few friends recently, and all agree it's a very "now" sounding disc. So, get it quick if you can, before this one gets its long overdue break, and the price jumps safely well into three figures.

:thumbup:

Good summary of a great tune....soulful flip too. Its still not had its break! Quite a hard tune to find! cheers Paul :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert