Can You Name The Venue?

ImberBoy

Can you name the venue?

I met a lady at Barnsley last Friday who asked if I had attended a certain Allnighter, I hadn't and asked her "Why should I go", this was her reply...............

1: It's always good to try somewhere new.

2: It's much better to travel loads of miles when there is something on close by...

3: It's very easy to get to and find.

4: We like "BLANK" virgins and we are getting less and less of them.

5: It's a lovely venue, all on one level, so no tiresome stairs where you might miss a record.

6: There is a gorgeous burger van, so you can buy a hot coffee...

7: We try and think out the DJs in each room, so that if one rooms music is not your thing, then the other might do it for you.

8: We like to party and don't give a fook about bollotics.

9: We're all crap dancers, so everyone who visits looks good.

10: It's very dark in the main room, I find I always look sooooo much better in the dark.

Can you name the venue?? :thumbup:

Cant but not go now can I tongue.gif

Social source share

• Replies 85
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest outonthefloor

Can you name the venue?

I met a lady at Barnsley last Friday who asked if I had attended a certain Allnighter, I hadn't and asked her "Why should I go", this was her reply...............

2: It's much better to travel loads of miles when there is something on close by...

5: It's a lovely venue, all on one level, so no tiresome stairs where you might miss a record.

7: We try and think out the DJs in each room, so that if one rooms music is not your thing, then the other might do it for you.

10: It's very dark in the main room, I find I always look sooooo much better in the dark.

Can you name the venue?? :thumbup:

Im gonna have a punt and say Rugby???

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Im gonna have a punt and say Rugby???

Yeah the burger van and the very dark main room give it away. That's the biggest burger van i've ever seen.

Not sure i agree with the crap dancers bit though unsure.gif

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

What ones that shout at you and call you names??? :lol:

Well it did kick up a fuss when Sian refused it entry for burger all...but then it always relishes the opportunity for trouble wink.gif

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Can you name the venue?

Can you name the venue?? :D

Cant but not go now can I :P

rugby all the above true..............musically :lol:shades.gif

Social source share

Well as I was with the same group on Friday it's an easy question to answer.

But even if I wasn't the reference to virgins and burger van gave it away.

Rugby it is.

But 2 more reasons to attend are

1) real friendly people and guaranteed a warm welcome.

2) A help your self to a few sweets selection on the main door when you arrive :lol:

Social source share

2) A help your self to a few sweets selection on the main door when you arrive biggrin.gif

Yeah Tabs...I think they should start handing out Golden Tickets...it's getting more and more like Willy Wonkas every time I go :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Can you name the venue?

Can you name the venue?? :lol:

Cant but not go now can I :lol:

can't say no 2 is right.....it is in my case as there is nowt in beds (there is now thankfully) but to travel just for the sake of it :lol:

Social source share

Guest jumitja

so your going to rugby then sime :lol: .they need to see those legendary shorts in action :lol: and you can scoff burgers all night whilst shuffling on the dance floor :lol: . i will be copying no 2 on the list and be saying a fond farewell to a great niter 100 miles away .i would usually agree with darcyboy but will say anyone who is going to rugby is in for a real treat with karl and steve c .see you saturday kev

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

so your going to rugby then sime :thumbup: .they need to see those legendary shorts in action :lol: and you can scoff burgers all night whilst shuffling on the dance floor :lol: . i will be copying no 2 on the list and be saying a fond farewell to a great niter 100 miles away .i would usually agree with darcyboy but will say anyone who is going to rugby is in for a real treat with karl and steve c .see you saturday kev

my point was to travel 100's miles for the sake of it seems daft :lol: .......rugby's only an hour from us .The other point is all doo's are not the same there are plenty of venues near where l live,but if the music is not what ya want,then you drive to the venue thats gonna give you what ya want.To me £10....for poor dj's and mish mash music policies is a waste of cash.....whoevers at the venue. nowhere particular in mind :(

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Can you name the venue?

:wave: ...How did I know you'd do this... :lol:

rugby all the above true..............musically :thumbsup:shades.gif

:D ...That's why I never mentioned the music, can't please em all, all of the time... wink.gif

Social source share

Can you name the venue?

Can you name the venue?? :wave:

No 4 got it for me!! :lol: Come on Imberboy - you'll love it!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Can you name the venue?

Cant but not go now can I :thumbsup:

Hey up Simon,its gotta be Rugby,well recommended trust me you'll love it.

Billy

Social source share

Yes it's rugby !!!!!!!!!!!

But please tell me why you put this nighter(need to be polite)on the same night as the last winsford.this arogrant "I am better than you "attitude stinks.the reply to this will be we booked it first please show a little bit of respect it's their last one!!

Social source share

Yes it's rugby !!!!!!!!!!!

But please tell me why you put this nighter(need to be polite)on the same night as the last winsford.this arogrant "I am better than you "attitude stinks.the reply to this will be we booked it first please show a little bit of respect it's their last one!!

:lol: ...Yes, we did book it first (in fact we were the only all-niter on in February when the date was announced).

We have chatted with the organisers who were offered that date and no other.

Not at all arrogant, we did try to avoid the clash but nothing could be done.

Also gutted coz if they hadn't clashed, I'd have been there.

Hope you enjoy wherever you go... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

Can you name the venue?

Cant but not go now can I :lol:

Ive only read this first post on this and for all the points ive highlighted it just has to be RUGBY :lol:

only reason i dont agree on the first point is cos i always get lost even for the easiest to find venues :lol:

am i right and shall i read on wicked.gif

Social source share

Thanks I will enjoy winsford and you could of changed dates you were offered diffrent ones but you said"why should I move dates" have a goodun

Hang on a moment. I have no quarrel with either set of promoters but are you saying that regardless of how far in advance a night or niter is booked and promulgated ...if another night subsequently books the same night but its their last event all other events which were booked prior should change their dates??????? Surely you're not saying that huh.gif

Social source share

All am saying is rugby soul club could of booked another night but choosed not to as winsford was booked well before rugby are you one of the prometers then ?

Social source share

For me Rugby is special cos the girls of Rugby ARE special :lol:

Rugby is the Nighter home of Soul Source for me and not only a pretty damn good music policy and dj line up its a bloody good laugh too and the most welcoming venue ive ever experienced,

The Rugby Ladies/ladyboys know how to have fun but that dont take away how serious they are about getting the nighter just right and as good musically as it can be for its targeted audience imho

Back at Sians afterwards is a good craic too :lol:

if i dont make it Saturday have fun and enjoy thumbup.gif

Bearsy

Social source share

All am saying is rugby soul club could of booked another night but choosed not to as winsford was booked well before rugby are you one of the prometers then ?

I'm neither one of the prometers or promoters however what I am is someone who hasn't injected accusational and cutting comment on what was a lighthearted thread.

Social source share

Thanks I will enjoy winsford good for you and you could of changed dates you were offered diffrent ones but you said"why should I move dates" and you know this how? have a goodun we will yes.gif

You obvoiusly don't know Sian & Dean very well, 2 of the nicest people I've ever met.............they have to book 3 or 4 years in advance otherwise they get NO DATES as this venue is always booked up.........and ALL their fliers show the dates for at least 3 future nights.....go on the website and you'll see the dates for all the nights for 2009

............. so they are well publicised!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need for negative comments fuelled by hearsay and biased!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one will thoroughly enjoy Feb 7th at Rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Oh dear, you're not very well informed.

I book the venue and at the moment have dates booked as far forward as 2014 to get the dates we require.

Please feel free to telephone the Benn Hall and they will confirm 01788 541516.

I couldn't have changed the date with so little notice.

Now stop being an old misery and get a life... tongue.gif

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

Oh dear, you're not very well informed.

I book the venue and at the moment have dates booked as far forward as 2014 to get the dates we require.

Please feel free to telephone the Benn Hall and they will confirm 01788 541516.

I couldn't have changed the date with so little notice.

No stop being an old misery and get a life... :lol:

laugh.gif you can be so tactful at times Sian :lol:

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

Your comments have put me off going to winsford if you are trying to support them you are doing them no favours.

Rugby's numbers wil suffer too but you dont see them moaning.

No Bolitics at Rugby..this proves it.

Hopefully see you there girls xxx

Trying to work out planes trains and automobiles as we speak

Helen

xxx

Social source share

Your comments have put me off going to winsford if you are trying to support them you are doing them no favours.

Rugby's numbers wil suffer too but you dont see them moaning.

No Bolitics at Rugby..this proves it.

Hopefully see you there girls xxx

Trying to work out planes trains and automobiles as we speak

Helen

xxx

Thanks Helen, I was quite upset by the digs but your post makes up for it... :thumbup:

Social source share

I'm neither one of the prometers or promoters however what I am is someone who hasn't injected accusational and cutting comment on what was a lighthearted thread.

well said, there is no need to be so negative or accusing, we all pay our money and make our choice,, I do, every weekend, rugbys dates are booked well in adance, I go to alot of places, sometimes , I dont even say where I go, if I dont like where i,v been, thats that,i dont say, because what I dont like, someone might, but wot I do, do, is always shout for a venue that has something good to offer,this was alight and funny thread, which for a reason I really cant understand has been turned round, well lets turn it back round again, if you want a niter thats full of really nice people, that aint into bollotics, plays rite accross the board music policy, that has a great dancefloor, and lots of sweeties to eat, a burger van outside, who has me there to support it, and of course, how can I forget the ladiez!!!!anyone got a problem with that!

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

well said, there is no need to be so negative or accusing, we all pay our money and make our choice,, I do, every weekend, rugbys dates are booked well in adance, I go to alot of places, sometimes , I dont even say where I go, if I dont like where i,v been, thats that,i dont say, because what I dont like, someone might, but wot I do, do, is always shout for a venue that has something good to offer,this was alight and funny thread, which for a reason I really cant understand has been turned round, well lets turn it back round again, if you want a niter thats full of really nice people, that aint into bollotics, plays rite accross the board music policy, that has a great dancefloor, and lots of sweeties to eat, a burger van outside, who has me there to support it, and of course, how can I forget the ladiez!!!!anyone got a problem with that!

:D:D

See you there Lou! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert