The Brit Club, Nottingham

Guest livelikeasailor

Guest livelikeasailor

I'm going to The Brit Club tonight, coming down from North Wales,

Ive heard its got a lot of history, going back to the sixties (50ts?)

Could any one tell me any more please?

Like - Artists, Music, Personal Memories.

Thanks ....... Katy.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm going to The Brit Club tonight, coming down from North Wales,

Ive heard its got a lot of history, going back to the sixties (50ts?)

Could any one tell me any more please?

Like - Artists, Music, Personal Memories.

Thanks ....... Katy.

It has always been a great club Katy,

I went for the first time in 1971 (not that I actually realised the importance of the club that particular night) but I was talking to a chap the other week who had been going there well back into the '60s.

Most prominent between 1973 - 1978 in my opinion. Kev Roberts was a dj there if I remember correctly, a guy called Denny (one of the most underrated dj's ever) Gary Rushbrooke was a mainstay for a long time and very many others.

It has always been very atmospheric, and if you get a few people in the place jumps! just make sure you don't park in the river.

I hadn't realised it was on tonight, or else I wouldn't have arranged my diary so that it was impossible to go!

Have a great time though,

RB

Social source share

It has always been a great club Katy,

Most prominent between 1973 - 1978 in my opinion. Kev Roberts was a dj there if I remember correctly, a guy called Denny (one of the most underrated dj's ever)

Quite right Rich , packed to the rafters every week , I would love to know what happened to Denny he used to have that place buzzing (or at least I think it was him :thumbsup: ). rekember the night we had 100mph winds and it was rattling the tiles on the roof , also it blew the roof of The Town Arms (Casa) across Trent bridge

Social source share

Quite right Rich , packed to the rafters every week , I would love to know what happened to Denny he used to have that place buzzing (or at least I think it was him shades.gif ). rekember the night we had 100mph winds and it was rattling the tiles on the roof , also it blew the roof of The Town Arms (Casa) across Trent bridge

Last time I saw him which is a few years ago now, he was a DHSS fraud investigator - sadistic sod (affectionately meant - obviously) told me he loved it! When it came to playing sounds though....that said he was one of the earliest proponent (is thata word?) of "oldies spots", and while his were great, it means he has alot to answer for! He did make you dance to newies though - or else!

Have a good night everyone,

RB

ps do we know each other MAK?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!