A Lil' Lovin Sometimes

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Anyone see this on ebay recently? Has someone paid a lot of money for a pressing? I thought the original was distinguished by the spelling of "Patton" (original) as opposed to "Patten" (bootleg) on the label.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4723556848&rd=1

What do you all think?

link

It looks a little different to my copy, but not got it infront of me so not 100%. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Anyone see this on ebay recently? Has someone paid a lot of money for a pressing? I thought the original was distinguished by the spelling of "Patton" (original) as opposed to "Patten" (bootleg) on the label.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4723556848&rd=1

What do you all think?

link

Hello,

Just had a look in Manships Guide to Northern Soul Reissues/Counterfeits/Bootlegs Edition 3.

Hope this is of some help to you...

"Bootlegged the same day as Jerry Cook using authentic Capitol label 'blanks'. The original dead wax carries the tiny 'daisy' matrix. If you turn the matrix daisy to '12 o'clock' you will be able to locate the small hard to see 'I' stamped into the dead wax at 2 o'clock... plus on the original the title 'A lil' lovin' sometimes' is on one line.

On the counterfeit the title is staggered into two lines. Curiously, Capitol reportedly also released this record with artists name spelt 'PATTON' with the title on two lines. Proof of this release I'm still waiting on. Dead wax inspection is the perfect route. But be careful I've seen bootlegs of this title and Jerry Cooks with false 'daisy' matrix scratched or melted in.

This has been recently a record of great debate, one collector actually confronted me and said no way were the Jerry Cook or Alexander Patton counterfeits, the labels are too good.

Yes they are good, because authentic Capitol blanks were used on both titles. That's why the black text of the credits doesn't match. Both titles were produced the same day, I know the guy who made them.

Also, consider how many 'Beatles' USA Capitol counterfeits there are, and just how good they look. So if all the tests don't line up, don't buy it they are defiantly counterfeits."

Cheers,

Rich. :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert