New Voice Soul Club 20th March 2009

well what can i say.again what looked like a quite night turned into a stormer.the night started of with marty who played quite a few i hadnt heard before including a couple of nice cover versions i quite liked.then it was mark and myself for our first spot of the night.i dont like to comment on our performance i belive that is for others to do.simon up next and it became apparent that we were both singing from the same songbook as i noticed he pulled a couple of records out that we had already played and when we approched our second spot i had to do the same.by this time the floor was jumping and we catered for the request we got(to a certain degree anyway)took a few notes of records people wanted to hear so that next month we will be able to provide those tracks.the end of the night came far too soon we really do need an extension.thanks to everyone who came.everyone who danced and to the other dj's who did a fab job.last but not least of course gail and julian.thanks for putting on a great night and asking us to do the honours.keep the faith and hi to young stan-hope you enjoyed yourself.spider

• Replies 10
  • Views 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

well what can i say.again what looked like a quite night turned into a stormer.the night started of with marty who played quite a few i hadnt heard before including a couple of nice cover versions i quite liked.then it was mark and myself for our first spot of the night.i dont like to comment on our performance i belive that is for others to do.simon up next and it became apparent that we were both singing from the same songbook as i noticed he pulled a couple of records out that we had already played and when we approched our second spot i had to do the same.by this time the floor was jumping and we catered for the request we got(to a certain degree anyway)took a few notes of records people wanted to hear so that next month we will be able to provide those tracks.the end of the night came far too soon we really do need an extension.thanks to everyone who came.everyone who danced and to the other dj's who did a fab job.last but not least of course gail and julian.thanks for putting on a great night and asking us to do the honours.keep the faith and hi to young stan-hope you enjoyed yourself.spider

Got to agree with you Jay top night yet again at New Voice !! Marty love that Tammi Terrell track that you played fantastic mate !

The Perry boys did two brilliant spots kept that floor full all night !! can someone please take that bloody mic of Pc Mark ! thought he was going to bust out into a song for a minute !

Simon played a blinder the request that someone asked for was a fitting tribute lol

Nice to see more new faces and meet (young stan ) or should i sat not so young Stan from of here !! :thumbup:

Guest PC MARK

Got to agree with you Jay top night yet again at New Voice !! Marty love that Tammi Terrell track that you played fantastic mate !

The Perry boys did two brilliant spots kept that floor full all night !! can someone please take that bloody mic of Pc Mark ! thought he was going to bust out into a song for a minute !

Simon played a blinder the request that someone asked for was a fitting tribute lol

Nice to see more new faces and meet (young stan ) or should i sat not so young Stan from of here !! :shades:

Had a very good time last night and Echos from all on our table.

Well done Marty,did you notice me poping up and making out I was looking at the mixer when I was seeing what a few of the songs you were palying were.Some top tunes from you,very well done.

Simon played a cracking spot and got a good floor going,a few nice suprises also.Cheeky tune to finish the night back to back Bily stewart.Always enjoy Simons playlists.

Me and Jay did our bit and I hope I did not get on too many peoples nerves (Microphone)

Its a big habbit as I have dj'd for the last 18 years,not Northern but todays music,Charts and so on.Using a mic was a must and its hard to break the habbit.Will try harder to leave it alone next month and just back to back the music.

Thanks to Di for the constructive words I took them as you intended,many thanks Di.

Thanks also to Gary for letting me know the music could do with turning up a bit,bloody cold has bunged my tabs up so Gary to the rescue.

All in all I enjoyed the night and made the most of the music being played,

See you all soon

PC Mark

Guest fothers

Another cracking nite down at the new voice soul club. well done to Gail & Julian for a top nite again this is a really friendly venue keep it up... all the DJs played good stuff & once the floor filled up it was a cracking atmosphere again. Thanks to Gaz Wall for the bud at the end of the nite iou one mate. See you all for the next one.

Fothers

On behalf of myself and my good lady i would like to say we really enjoyed last night at New Voice Soul. All the djs pulled some very nice songs out the box and kept us all happy. Every one is always made very very welcome by Gail & Julian the promoters of this very friendly soul venue. Brilliant music/good bar prices/and happy punters that's what its all about. WELL DONE AND KEEP IT UP......... Mark & Mandy :shades::lol:

Guest gail66

Hiya everyone,

I would just like to say thank you all for the lovely comment's about New Voice Soul,they are all really appreciated and we do take on board any idea's or suggestion's that you may have so we all can have an even better time :lol: ...

As Jay mentioned the night did start off a little slow but then we started filling up....well done to Marty for kicking the night off,some fab tunes played....guest DJ simon Alsop was fab as alway's!(you still can't remember me chooon) :lol: last but not least the resident DJ"s Jay&Mark thank you both so much you are top's!! Jay glad you din't play that choon :shades: lol ta for me Billy Stewart cool!...

Once again thank you for all your support.....Gail & Ju xxxxx

Another cracking nite down at the new voice soul club. well done to Gail & Julian for a top nite again this is a really friendly venue keep it up... all the DJs played good stuff & once the floor filled up it was a cracking atmosphere again. Thanks to Gaz Wall for the bud at the end of the nite iou one mate. See you all for the next one.

Fothers

Hi

Yes agree with you all on here, great night again pity i had to leave early, this venue has great atmosphere, yes good to hear that TT number wish Jammie was in eh gary?????????

Regards Mall

Guest soulfullbabe

Had a very good time last night and Echos from all on our table.

Well done Marty,did you notice me poping up and making out I was looking at the mixer when I was seeing what a few of the songs you were palying were.Some top tunes from you,very well done.

Simon played a cracking spot and got a good floor going,a few nice suprises also.Cheeky tune to finish the night back to back Bily stewart.Always enjoy Simons playlists.

Me and Jay did our bit and I hope I did not get on too many peoples nerves (Microphone)

Its a big habbit as I have dj'd for the last 18 years,not Northern but todays music,Charts and so on.Using a mic was a must and its hard to break the habbit.Will try harder to leave it alone next month and just back to back the music.

Thanks to Di for the constructive words I took them as you intended,many thanks Di.

Thanks also to Gary for letting me know the music could do with turning up a bit,bloody cold has bunged my tabs up so Gary to the rescue.

All in all I enjoyed the night and made the most of the music being played,

See you all soon

PC Mark

Thanks mark, im greatful that you have taken on board what i said appreciate mate. Diane

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Gail and Julian, It was a great night music was really good wish id got the energy to dance though but hey. Well done to all the djs some really great tunes played. I really had a a great night and it was good to see you all again, Dave Taylor it was brill meeting up with you and having a laugh over what we used be like some 30yrs ago hope to see you soon matey. Once again thanks Gail and Julian. Diane.

Guest Simon Alsop

Hiya everyone,

I would just like to say thank you all for the lovely comment's about New Voice Soul,they are all really appreciated and we do take on board any idea's or suggestion's that you may have so we all can have an even better time :wicked: ...

As Jay mentioned the night did start off a little slow but then we started filling up....well done to Marty for kicking the night off,some fab tunes played....guest DJ simon Alsop was fab as alway's!(you still can't remember me chooon) :thumbsup: last but not least the resident DJ"s Jay&Mark thank you both so much you are top's!! Jay glad you din't play that choon :D lol ta for me Billy Stewart cool!...

Once again thank you for all your support.....Gail & Ju xxxxx

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind comments,turned out to be another top night at NEW VOICE SOUL.

Good spots from all DJ's..Thanks to Gail & Julian for inviting me,would love to play there again in the future.

Here's my playlist from the night..

This Love Starved Heart Of Mine-Marvin Gaye

Time-Edwin Starr

Loneliness Made Me Realize-Temptations

You Hit Me(Right Where It Hurts Me)-Alice Clark

Ever Again-Bernie Williams

A Little Togetherness-Younghearts

Gotta Give Her Love-Volumes

Why Girl-Precisions

If Thats What You Wanted-Frank Beverly

Keep On Keeping On-N.F.Porter

You Dont Mean Me No Good-Jellybeans

I Got To Find Me Somebody-Vel-vets

Turning My Heartbeat Up-MVP's

You've Been Away-Rubin

Better Use Your Head-Little Anthony & The Imperials

Dont Be Sore At Me-Parliaments (Request)

Baby Hit & Run-Contours

Tune Up-Jnr.Walker

Dust My Broom-Ike & Tina Turner

Blues In The Night-Johnnie Taylor

You Got Your Mind On Other Things-Beverly Ann

Get Out-Harold Melvin

Emperor Of My Babys Heart-Kurt Harris

No One Could Love You More-Gladys Knight

Secret Love-Billy Stewart ( Last record of the night ).

Again well done to Gail & Julian,for all the work you do,on putting this night on at a cracking venue,

A must to go to if you havent been before..

Will see everyone again soon...

SIMON...

KTF :g:

Guest young stan

Nice to see more new faces and meet (young stan ) or should i sat not so young Stan from of here !! :thumbsup:

yep a great night for me also, did'nt sit for long so enjoyed it as always.Forever young in the mind probably not in body. Nice to meet you all. ktf

Source Advert