Lps & 45s Set Sale - Many Great 70s Titles

I accept PayPal, and I pay the fees. If you want to pay in another, let me know.

Shipping is from Denmark, and the prices are:

1 45 is: within Europe=£4 , and to the rest of the world=£5

1 LP is: within Europe=£7, and to the rest of the world=£10

e-mail: sebastianlarsen@hotmail.com

45s

-The Mob "I dig everything about you/Love has got a hold on me" (Colossus) M- £12 brilliant crossover, and one that I personally enjoy a lot.

-Ponderosa Twins + one "Hey girl/You send me" (Horoscope) M- £10 two superb sides of 70s soul.

-Syl Johnson "That's why/Everybody needs love" (Twinight) M- £12 Great 70s northern tune on the a-side, and on the b-side you have great ballad. Recommended.

-Gene Redding "This heart/What do I do on a Sunday morning" (capitol) M- £8

-Vitamin "E" "Sharing/Back Here Again" (Buddah) EX £8 classy stepper produced by Norman Conners.

-Bettye Scott and the Del-Vetts "Good Feeling/Down, Down, Down" (Teako) M- £15 Superb funky crossover tune.

-Hank Ballard and the Midnighters "Hey There Sexy Lady/Same" (Stang) EX £5 funky 70s dancer. Record appears M-, but as with these Stang pressings you can always expect some background noise. But the vocals and music come out clean.

-Spidell "When It's Over/End the Slums" (Gree-Jack) EX £35 a-side is a great up-tempo Jackson-5 sounding 70s dancer. B-side is great too. 70s soul tune talking about social issues. I think it's quite rare. Not listed in Manship's guide.

-Brigther Side of Darkness "Because I Love You/Oh Baby" (Star-vue) EX £20 superb 70s tune by this child group.

-The Teques "Why Must It Be/If I Could" (Star-vue) EX £4 I prefer the a-side, but still, this is two good sides of 70s soul.

-Baby Washington "I've Got to Break Away/You (Just a Dream)" (Master Five) M- £5

-Baby Washington "Lay a Little Lovin On Me/Baby Let Me Ge Close to" (Master Five) M- £5

-Hands of Time "This Love For Real/I'll Never Forget You" (Inner City) M- £30 superb 70s soul tune produced by Leroy Hutson.

-Patience "This is All I Can Say/Shame on You" (Sounds On Solid Grounds) M- £20 two nice sides.

-William Bell "Tryin' to Love Two/If Sex was All We Had" (Mercury) M- £4 nice 70s tune here you have the Dutch issue with a unique picture sleeve.

-Gwen McCrae "Love insurance/He keeps something groovy goin' on" (rca) EX £5 German issue with picture sleeve.

-Lady Margaret & The Stovall Sisters "If it is let it be/Running the wrong way" (Gemini) M- £10

-Johnnie Taylor "You're the best in the world/Disco lady" (cbs) EX £6 Great 70s soul in "You're the best....". Dutch issue with picture sleeve.

-George Freeman "The Moment You Came Into My Life/I'm Your Dancing Man" (Kool) M- £15 great 70s tune on an obscure label.

-Tyrone St. German "In a world so cold/Don't Cop no attitude" (Morning Dove) M- £12 Great 70s.

-Bobby Moore "Try to Hold On/Disco" (Scepter) EX £8 Great 70s tune. Close to M-.

-Moments "Nine Times/When the Morning Comes" (Stang) EX £8 great, cheap 70s tune. Close to M-.

-New Master Sounds "It's alright now/instrumental" (Deep Funk) EX £5 deep funk produced by Kep Debarge.

-One Way Feat. Al Hudson "I'm in love with lovin you/Pop it" (mca) VG+ £2 nice mid-tempo.

-Stanley Lippitt "Freakish - pt. 1/pt. 2" (Fos-Glo) M- £15 Great funk bomb on this rare release from the bay area.

-Spaghetti Head "Funky Axe/Big noise from Winnetka" (Private Stock) EX £25 condition very close to M-. The side with "Big noise from..." has a pen mark on the label.

-Della Reese "It feels good, do it/good lovin" (Avco) EX £5 UK issue.

-Monday After "Merry-Go-Round/Part 2" (Buddah) M- £10 nice 70s tune.

-Tavares "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel/Part 2" (Capitol) EX/VG+ £5 Wonderful 70s tune. Danish issue with a unique picture sleeve.

-Ruby Winters "Sweetheart Things/Guess Who" (Diamond) EX £6

-Masterplan "Loving, Living, Laughing" (Fos-Glo) M- £12 great, obscure modern tune from the Bay Area. I checked this one on popsike, and it seems that some copies were selling for $100 a couple of years ago. It doesn't seem to be that high anymore, but it is still good.

-VAMP "Free And Easy/This Feeling" (Marvel) M- £15 funky 70s soul tune with female vocal.

-Leone Thomas "Thank You Baby/ Pt.2" (Don) M- £8 good up-tempo modern dancer on promoter Don King's Label.

-Pauline Shivers "Won't You Come Back Home/You're a Devil" (O-Pex) EX £10 great crossover. I love this one.

-Celest Hardie "You Touched the Inner Part of Me/Instr." (Load Stone) M- £6 midtempo modern soul. Lovely track.

-Superlatives "Lonely In a Crowd" (Westbound) EX £5

-Patrice Holloway "That's The Chance You Gotta Take/Evidence" (Capitol) M- £10

-Pee Wee Ellis "Moon Walk/That Thing" (Sound Stage 7) M- £15 DJ copy. Great funk45 from James Brown's sideman.

-Berry Street Station "Chocolate Sugar/All I Want Is You" (Crystal) M- £25 rare funk45 with break in the middle.

-Ivy Jo "I Remember When (dedicated To Beverly)/Sorry Is a Sorry Word" (V.I.P.) M- £5

Albums (vg++ is the same as EX, and nm is the same as M-)

-A Taste of Honey "Same" (Capitol) nm/vg++ £6 soul/disco album produced by Mizell Brothers. Includes the classic "Boogie Oogie Oogie".

-The Four Tops "At the top" (abc) nm/vg++ £5 Nice 70s soul set. "This House", "H.E.L.P." etc.

-Gene Chandler "The Gene Chandler Situation" (Mercury) vg++/nm £6 Great 70s soul album with "Simply call it love", "Groovy Situation", "right lights and you, girl", "It's your love I'm after" etc.

-The O'jays "Ship ahoy" (Philadelphia Intl.) nm/vg++ £8 Classic 70s philly produced by Gamble-Huff. "For the love of money", "This air I breathe", "Now that we found love" etc.

-Al Johnson "Back for more" (Columia) nm/nm £20 Great LP and not easy to find which is why they had to do a reissue of it. Includes "I've got my second wind" and "I'm back for more".

-The Eugene Record "Same" (Warner Bros) nm/vg+ £10 includes the superb 70s soul tune "Overdose of Joy". Beautiful copy.

-Saint Tropez "Hot and Nasty" (Destiny) nm/vg++ £6 us pressing of this nice soul/boogie album with good tunes like: "Femmes fatales", "Save this night for love" and "Midnight fantasy".

-Jimmy James and the Vagabonds "You Don't Stand a Chance if You Can't Dance" (Pye) vg++/vg++ £8 includes "Hey Girl" but "Suspicious Love" is equally good.

-Marge Dodson "A Lovely Way to Live" (Decca) vg++/vg++ £15 including the northern hit "Be Your Baby" which is expensive on 7".

-Barrett Strong "Live & Love" (Capitol) vg++/nm £20 "Man Up In The Sky" wonderful 70s soul tune.

-Dobie Gray "Midnight Diamond" (Infinity) nm/vg+ £5 70s soul with a nice tune in "You Can Do It".

-Blue Magic "The Magic of Blue" (Atco) vg++/vg £5 Good Philly group soul from '74 with Norman Harris and Vince Montana involved. Check "Stringin Me Along" or "Never Get Over You".

-Freda Payne "Out of Payne Comes Love" (abc) nm/vg+ £5 "Lost In Love" nice mellow 70s soul tune.

-Busta Jones "Just A Little Misunderstanding" (Spring) 12" vg++ £8 in demand 70s mover.

-The Masqueraders "Love Anonymous" (abc) nm/vg++ £8 70s album produced by Isaac Hayes. "Modern Day Woman", "Be For Real" & "The Bicentennial".

-The Modulations "With a Made Up Mind" (Savoy) vg++/vg++ £8 Gospel album with a nice 70s soul dancer in "Leave It Up to Jesus". Lead vocal by Glenn Jones.

-L.T.D. "Love Magic" (A&M) nm/vg++ £6 "Love Magic" soulful disco with male vocal.

-Prime Time "Flying High" (Total Experience) nm/vg++ £5 "I Owe It To Myself" nice modern tune."Anytime Is Prime Time" is also quite nice.

-Greg Perry "One For the Road" (Casablanca) nm/vg++(cut corner) £20 Really great 70s soul album. "Variety Is the Spice of Life", "I Want to Live And Let Live", "Come On Down" etc.

-Shine "Same" (Connection) vg+/vg+ £12 "So Into You" nice stepper. Swedish release.

-Spinners "Mighty Love" (Atlantic) vg++/vg++ £5 "Since I Been Gone", "He'll Never Love You Like I Do" etc. 1974 album produced by Thom Bell.

-Carl Carlton "Everlasting Love" (abc) nm/vg+ £5 70s soul with a couple of nice tunes like "Smokin Room" and "Our Day Will Come"

-Brown Sugar Featuring Clydie King "Same" (Chelsea) nm/vg++ £8 "Loneliness" superb 70s soul which stands out by the way they recorded the track but you will find more nice moments like "Don't Hold It Back".

-New Birth: "Behold the Mighty Army" (Warner Bros.) nm/vg++ £5 "Your Love Is In My Veins" beautiful 70s dancer and you also have the in demand "Deeper" which is expensive on 12"-single. Album produced by Frank Wilson.

-Lou Courtney "Buffalo Smoke" (rca) nm/nm £10 "Come To Me" very nice 70s soul much in the same style as Marvin Gaye's 70s releases.

-Leroy Hutson "Feel The Spirit" (Curtom) sealed £15 "Lovers Holiday" "Never know what you can do" and "Lonely Togther" good 70s soul as always from this legend.

-Eloise Laws "Eloise" (abc) nm/nm £5 nice little 70s soul title with two good track in "Baby You Lied" and "Number One".

-Aretha Franklin "You" (Atlantic) nm/vg++ £10 "It Only Happen (When I Look At You)" great 70s soul tune. In demand album.

-The Temptations "1990" (Gordy) nm/vg++ £8 "Heavenly", "I Need You" or "Let Your Hair Down" classic soul album written and produced by Norman Whitfield.

-Barbara Mason & Bunny Sigler "Locked In This Position" (Curtom) nm/vg++ £6 "Never Stop Loving You" and "I'm With You Now" nice 70s soul dancer.

-William Bell "Relating" (Stax) vg++/vg+ £12 "You've Got the Kind of Love I Need" and "Such a Fever" are great 70s soul tunes. Nice vinyl close to near mint.

-Leon Haywood "Keep It In The Family" (20th Century) nm/vg++ £8 Nice 70s soul with "Sugar Lump" and "The Day I Laid Eyes On You".

-Bob Bailey "Looking Forward" (Triangle) nm/nm £6 soul/gospel album with the nice modern soul tune "Did You Know".

-George & Gwen McCrae "Together" (Cat) nm/nm £15 "The Rub", "Mechanical Body" and the lovely "Winners Together, Losers Aapart".

-Dennis Edwards "Coolin' Out" (Gordy) nm/vg++ £6 Nice mellow soul album from '85. "Coolin' Out" is lovely.

-Terry Huff "and The Special Delivery "The Lonely One" (Mainstream) nm/nm £8 nice soul album arranged by Al Johnson especially "Just Not Enough" is great.

-Mirage "Princes of Love" (Rca) nm/nm £12 70s soul in a sweet style with nice tunes like "There's a Love For Everyone".

-Hal Frazier "Same" (VMC) nm/nm £6 "Day Break", "Walk On By"

-Delegation: "The Promise of Love" (State) sealed £8 Nice 70s soul album with good tracks like "Oh Honey" and "Where Is the Love".

-Art Webb "Love Eyes" (Atlantic) nm/vg++ £8 "You Can't Hide Love" lovely stepper with female vocal backed with flute.

-Al Johnson "Peaceful" (Marina) nm/vg++ £25 Great 70 soul with the original version of "I've Got My Second Wind" plus more strong soul tracks like "It's Not Too Late", "Come Check Out This Love" or "Since You Walked Out Of My Life".

-The Skyliners "Same" (Tortoise) nm/nm £15 70s soul album on this obscure label with good tunes in "The Love Bug(Done Bit Me Again)", "We've Got Love On Our Side" and "If You See a Love You Need".

-Joe Bourne "It Must Be Love" (K-Tel) nm/vg+ £20 "You Are Magnificent" sublime modern soul tune from this Euro only released LP.

-Delegation "Deuces High" (Ariola) vg++/vg++ £10 In demand boogie album only released in Europe by this great American soul group. "What Took You So Long" is a really good boogie and "I Figure I'm Out of Your Life" will be something for the modern soul fans.

-Soul Generation "Beyond Body and Soul" (Ebony Sounds) nm/vg++ £40 rare 70s soul album with good tracks through out.

-J.O.B. Orchestra "Open the Doors of Your Heart" (Govinda) vg++/vg++ £5 uk press. "Don't Want That Illusion" money-saver as the 7" is expensive. And there are more nice modern tunes.

-The Artistic Sounds "Message to a Nation" (Savoy) sealed. £30 Very nice and rare soul/gospel album. "Give it Up", "Where Do We Go From Here" etc. Several good tracks.

-Leon Ware "Inside Is Love" (Fabulous) nm/vg+ £5 "Small Cafe", "Club Sashay" etc. Quality soul album for a cheap price.

-Anita Baker "The Songstress" (Beverly Glenn) nm/nm(small sticker at upper right corner) £6 Great classic 80's soul album. "Angel"

-The Originals "def-i-ni-tions" (Soul) nm/nm £8 "I'm someone who cares", "Lie no. 2", "Come rain or shine" & "Make it with you" all good early 70's soultunes.

-Pratt & Mcclain "Featuring Happy Days" (Reprise) nm/vg++ £6 Blued-eyed soul album with the great modern floater "Whachersign" which can be found on the Soul Togetherness compilation.

-The Tymes "Turning Point" (Rca) sealed £5 "All You Ever Wanted to Know About Love" and "Love's Illusion" good 70's soul.

-Marcus Miller "Suddenly" (WB) nm/nm £6 "Lovin You" nice modern soul but there are more good tracks.

-Betty Wright "Traveling In the Circle" (Alston) nm/vg++ £5 "You're Just What I Need"

-Richard Dimples Fields "Dimples" (Boardwalk) nm/vg++ £5 "Let Me Take You In My Arms Tonight", "I Like Your Lovin" and "I've Got To Learn To Say No" all nice soul tunes. Your money will be well spend.

-Norman Connors "Romantic Journey" (Buddah) nm/vg++ £6 "Once I've Been There" good jazzy soul.

-Walter Jackson "Feeling Good" (UA) vg++/vg++ £5 1975 album produced by Carl Davis. Nice tunes in "Player In the Band" and "Love Woke Me Up This Morning" and "Love Is Lovelier".

-Allen Toussaint "Motion" (Warner Bros.) nm/nm £4 a smooth stepper in "To Be With You".

-Eric Mercury "Same" (Mercury) nm/vg++ £5 Check "Tell Me Love" and "Pours When It Pains" for some nice 70s soul.

-Jon Lucien "Premonition" (cbs) nm/vg++ £10 "Mi Vida"

-Eddie Kendricks "Vintage 78" (Tamla) nm/vg++ £6 "How's Your Love Life Baby" and "Don't Underestimate the Power of Love".

-Bobby Nunn "Second to Nunn" (Motown) vg++/vg++ £6 "She's Just a Groupie" nice synth boogie. "Get it While Yoy Can".

-Smoke "Same" (Chocolate City) sealed £6 Nice 70s soul/funk album. Includes "What Goes Around Comes Around", but "Sunshine Roses And Raindrops" is great 70s soul as well. The album was also released as Blacksmoke.

-William DeVaughn "Be Thankful For What You Got" (Roxbury) nm/vg++ £10 Classic title track.

-First Choice "Armed And Extremely Dangerous" (Philly Groove) nm/vg++ £8 "Newsy Neighbours" nice 70's soul.

-Sweet Cream "& Other Delights" (Shady Brook) nm/nm £5 "You Brought Joy"

-Marilyn McCoo And Billy Davis, Jr. "I Hope We Get to Love In Time" (abc) nm/vg++ £5 nice soul tune in "You Don't Have to Be a Star"

-Margie Joseph: "Hear the Words, Feel the Feeling" (Cotillion) vg++/vg++ £5 "Didn't I Tell You" nice album produced by Lamont Dozier with more good tunes.

-Lawrence Hilton Jacob "All The Way...Love" (abc) vg++/vg+ £4 1979 soul album with good tunes in "Kiss And Tell" and "Love Shot".

-The Floaters "same" (abc) nm/vg+ £5 "Float On" and a nice 70s dancer in "Take One Step At a Time".

-High Inergy "Same" (Gordy) vg++/nm £6 "Goin Thru the Motions" nice modern soul tune.

-David Ruffin "So Soon We Change" (WB) vg++/vg++ £6 "I Get Excited" excellent 70s tune.

-Starpoint "It's So Delicious" (Broadwalk) nm/nm £4 nice soul/boogie album in their usual style. "I Got the Love" is a nice stepper and there's also the good boogie tune "I'm So Crazy 'Bout You".

-Larry Santos: "You Are Everything I Need" (Casablanca) nm/nm £5 Blue-eyed soul with a nice 70s dancer in"Can't Get You Off My Mind". Also a nice mellow tune in "We Can't Hide It Anymore".

-Tavares "Sky High!" (Capitol) vg++/vg++ £4 "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel" great 70's soul tune.

-Brenda & the Tabulations "I Keep Coming Back for More" (Chocolate City) nm/vg++ £6 "Let's Go All the Way"

-Al Wilson "I've Got A Feeling" (Playboy) sealed. £5 cut corner. "You Did It For Me", "Stay With Me" nice selection of 70's dancers.

-The Staples "Pass it On" (Warner Bros.) nm/vg++ £5 "Making Love" and "Take This Love of Mine" nice 70s soul produced by Curtis Mayfield.

-Bloodstone "I Need Time" (London) vg++/vg++ £6 Great 70s dancer in "Closer Togther" and probably LP only. Also check "We Did It".

-Bloodstone "Unreal" (London) vg++/vg++ £6 Great 70s soul in "Outside Woman", "What Did Yoy Do To Me Part 1" and a nice two stepper in "What Did Yoy Do To Me Part 2".

-The Soul Train Gang "Same" (Rca) Sealed. £5 "Ooh Cha" "Country Girl" nice soul tunes

-Ron Banks And The Dramatics "The Dramatic Jackpot" (abc) sealed. £6 Small cut corner. "A Thousand Shades of Blue"

-Finished Touch "Need to Know You Better" (Motown) vg++/vg++ £5 Nice soul/disco album produced by Kenny Stower member of Leo's Sunshipp. Check "Dancin On".

-The Main Ingredient "Rolling Down A Mountainside" (Rca) nm/vg+ £6 "Family Man" and "A Broken Heart Don't Really Break" nice 70s soul tunes.

-The Main Ingredient "Bitter Sweet" (rca) sealed. £8 Beautiful 70s soul in a sweet style. Just listen to "Everybody Plays the Fool", "Whirl-Wind" or "Where Do Broken Hearted Lovers Go?".

-Willie Hutch "Concert In Blues" (Motown) vg++/vg++ £6 "I Wish You Love", "Come On Lets Do the Thang" great 70s soul.

-Lamont Dozier "Right Here" (Warner Bros.) nm/vg+ £6 "Ain't Never Loved Nobody (Like I Love You)", "Joy" and "Groovin On a Natural High" great 70s soul.

-Lamont Dozier: "Black Bach" (Abc) nm/vg++ £6 "Put Out My Fire"

-Solar Heat "Same" (Abc) nm/nm £6 70s soul/disco. "Just Another Song"

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here are three extra LPs to add to the sale:

-21st Century "Ahead of Our Time" (Rca) nm/nm £12 Great 70s child group soul. Check "Mirror, Mirror" or "Tricks Are Made For Kids".

-Harry Ray "It's Good to be Home" (Sugarhill) nm/nm £12 Superb 80s soul. "Lost Affair" and "Love Is a Game".

-Ellerine Harding "Ellerine" (Mainstream) nm/nm £15 Those into the Alice Clark LP should try this one. Nice soul/jazz with a female vocalist.

There are more sounds to come. Stay tuned!

Edited by Preben
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert