Its Spalding Fri 23

Guest Biz

It wasn,t a good night it was a fantastic night,great spots from all jocks, and rupes m8 i thought your set was bang on,hopefully this wont be the last but you know better steve, but must wish you all the best in whatever you do

Biz

Title got the a few sad fookers looking did it :lol:

Edited by Biz
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It wasn,t a good night it was a fantastic night,great spots from all jocks, and rupes m8 i thought your set was bang on,hopefully this wont be the last but you know better steve, but must wish you all the best in whatever you do

Biz

thanks bud.

i with you it was a cracking nite.

Guest whippet

Brilliant night out with a packed dancefloor all night. Great spot Rupe nad cheers for the CD. My paws are still sore from all the trotting round the floor I did. Thanks Steve you really are a top bloke and glad you are getting them through the door.

Any one who missed this must be kicking themselves as it was the best night we have had in ages. XX

Thanks steve & Rob for another great night

left just before the end . The dance floor still full , the atmosphere still electric , those embraces to those I said goodbye to were proper cuddles , the ones you don't want to let go, .Great music great people ,

Its night like these that make it worth while ,

Took my mate sully from Huntingdon , he likes some modern & crossover but still a 60`s man at heart but now he wishes he had started going to these nights from the beginning ,such a good night he had.

I wonder how many more are like him .

Over to you Steve :P

Edited by gibber

Thanks steve & Rob for another great night

left just before the end . The dance floor still full , the atmosphere still electric , those embraces to those I said goodbye to were proper cuddles , the ones you don't want to let go, .Great music great people ,

Its night like these that make it worth while ,

Took my mate sully from Huntingdon , he likes some modern & crossover but still a 60`s man at heart but now he wishes he had started going to these nights from the beginning ,such a good night he had.

I wonder how many more are like him .

Over to you Steve wink.gif

Andy great to see you as always mate ,thanks so much for the tremendous support that youve given us since day one at I.T.S.,you are spot on it is nights like this that make it all worthwhile yes.gif !!

You are probably correct in your observation that there are many people who are reluctant to attend nights like this fearing that they wont hear music that they would enjoy etc, we certainly had a lot of new people come and check us out , and from the comments we received I guess that they wernt disappointed..

Biz your description is spot on it was a fantastic night , a room full of Soul loving people there to have a good time and looking at a very busy floor throughot the night I guess a good time as had by one and all..

Mr and Mrs Paling over the past 12 months there has been one constant @ITS ,the very happy sight of you both as permanent fixtures on the dancefloor :P I really appreciate this as your journey each time to ITS is from one end of the county to the other

and Ian your words of encoragement regarding the promotion side of things really mean a lot to me .

We look forward to making the trip up to Cleethorpes to join you at Easter..........................

SOUL Improvisations

@ Beacholme Cleethorpes

Good Friday 10th April 2009

6pm till 2am £5 OTD

A Night of Quality Soul Music

anthems and underplayed from 70s 80s 90s

plus new release & current monsters

Special Guest

Soul Sam

playing two sets - 7 til 8 and 11 til 12

plus East Coast Connection dj,s

Kev Thomas . Carl Turner . Keith Bickley . Richard Dixon . Payo . Paul Howden

Further info contact promoter Payo 01472 602852

or Beacholme, North Sea Lane, Cleethorpes, DN36 4ET Tel: 01472 812666

Attached thumbnail(s) img-resized.png Reduced 90%post-2188-1232482390_thumb.jpg 1318 x 1925 (1.86MB)// David thanks also for the support ,glad you enjoyed the night :P

Rupe thanks for doing the perfect warm up for us ,which set the tone for the night , lots of great comments regarding your selection of tunes :D

Whippet well youve never missed an ITS yet and we value your ever constant support and friendship..thanks :g:

First of all my thanks to everyone that helped in publicising this event , helping with the distibution of the flyers etc etc to such great effect!!.

I cant thank everyone that attended this event enough ,travelling as they did from far and wide as far as London ,thanks Karen and Geoff :wicked: , and from the far corners of linconshire , cambs ,hunts , beds , norfolk , well really from right across east Angia and the East Midlands.

The atmosphere was buzzing from early doors as people were arriving as soon as the doors opened.

We couldnt have wished for a better crowd of Soul loving people who enjoyed a varied selection of non top 500 from the very cheap , to the very rare , from the 60s ,through crossover, 70s , modern ,soulful house right up to todays best brand new releases , for us the perfect blend of music for our motto of "ITS NOT REVOLUTION .... ITS JUST EVOLUTION"

Sam was still feeling the ill effects of the flu type virus that was (and still is ) affecting so many people this winter, although you would never have guessed it once he got behind the decks :D ..

He delivered the perfect spot to an ever packed floor and truly deserved the standing ovation that he got at the end of it :wicked:

the perfect guest , for the perfect night ,for the most perfect crowd anyone could hope to have the honour to play for so above all else I really cant thanks all those attending enough ,you all made the night what it was , as always each and every person attending was the key ingredient!!

The words of encouragment and support for this event has left us renewed in our faith in the type of music policy we persue , and though sadly the April date is not to be , the remaining 2 dates for 2009 look secure now, we are in negotiation with the club to move to saturdays so it remains to be seen what will happen in 2010, the next date being months away ....friday 21st August.

As we value the opinion of our patrons in what we do ,if anyone would like to make their suggestions regarding their choice of a guest DJ for the the August date ( it will be the second anniversary) please pm or email me oldbarnants@aol.com with any suggestions!!!

Will post some photos later

steve

Edited by sjay

I'd like to thank Steve for putting Karen and me on the guest list, very decent of you.

We had a great night, really good SOUL music, as you've said above, across all genres, excluding the usual suspects.

I must thank Karen for doing the driving, it's a long way from Potters Bar to Spalding, and made more difficult when my sat nav gave some very strange directions. But we got there in the end.

It was good to see the room so packed with people enjoying themselves; and so they should, the music was excellent.

Steve was finishing his set as we arrived; not sure of the name of the DJ who followed, but he played some nice Modern tunes, plus some Motown. Then it was time for the guest DJ Soul Sam. It was only 2 weeks since I saw him at Fulbourn in Cambridge but he again did an excellent set, playing some of my favourites: Joi Cardwell's Let It Go; Joseph Webster; Ellipsis; Mixed Feelings; Hamilton Movement (hadn't heard him play that for ages, I still like it); and Margaret Little. I remember he played the Four Coins, one of his recent discoveries, and a couple of others that I didn't know. Apart from Joi Cardwell he played another slice of soulful house in UBP's We Are One, I like it but it's difficult to dance to, for me anyway. His set went down extremely well.

Steve was on again after Sam, and at that point we had to leave as Karen had an early start on Saturday morning. Shame really as he was playing a couple of my favourites: I'm On To You Girl (Skip Jackson) and The Time Is Right For Love (Bobby Reed).

This was only my second visit to ITS, but on both occasions I've found it a very friendly club. Thanks for the slice of birthday cake, really tasty. Nice to see Michelle, Benny and Alan there.

Again on the way home the sat nav gave some strange directions (actually had a problem getting a GPS signal when we started off), but by sticking to the A15 we got to the A1M. Took about 2 hours to get back to Potters Bar where I'd left my car.

I do hope ITS can continue in the long term, and it would be great if they could move to Saturday night, more time to get up there. If you like a wide range of soul music it's a club well worth visiting.

I'd like to thank Steve for putting Karen and me on the guest list, very decent of you.

We had a great night, really good SOUL music, as you've said above, across all genres, excluding the usual suspects.

I must thank Karen for doing the driving, it's a long way from Potters Bar to Spalding, and made more difficult when my sat nav gave some very strange directions. But we got there in the end.

It was good to see the room so packed with people enjoying themselves; and so they should, the music was excellent.

Steve was finishing his set as we arrived; not sure of the name of the DJ who followed, but he played some nice Modern tunes, plus some Motown. Then it was time for the guest DJ Soul Sam. It was only 2 weeks since I saw him at Fulbourn in Cambridge but he again did an excellent set, playing some of my favourites: Joi Cardwell's Let It Go; Joseph Webster; Ellipsis; Mixed Feelings; Hamilton Movement (hadn't heard him play that for ages, I still like it); and Margaret Little. I remember he played the Four Coins, one of his recent discoveries, and a couple of others that I didn't know. Apart from Joi Cardwell he played another slice of soulful house in UBP's We Are One, I like it but it's difficult to dance to, for me anyway. His set went down extremely well.

Steve was on again after Sam, and at that point we had to leave as Karen had an early start on Saturday morning. Shame really as he was playing a couple of my favourites: I'm On To You Girl (Skip Jackson) and The Time Is Right For Love (Bobby Reed).

This was only my second visit to ITS, but on both occasions I've found it a very friendly club. Thanks for the slice of birthday cake, really tasty. Nice to see Michelle, Benny and Alan there.

Again on the way home the sat nav gave some strange directions (actually had a problem getting a GPS signal when we started off), but by sticking to the A15 we got to the A1M. Took about 2 hours to get back to Potters Bar where I'd left my car.

I do hope ITS can continue in the long term, and it would be great if they could move to Saturday night, more time to get up there. If you like a wide range of soul music it's a club well worth visiting.

Nice review Geoff. Good to see Karen and yourself there on Friday - and AGAIN down at Hitchin 'Groovesville' on the Saturday!!

To Steve Jay, Rob and Kev + wives of course! Thank you all for not only putting on a great night - where music and friends come together perfectly! but also for looking after and helping me with Jo's birthday suprise. I knew when I asked for the flowers that being Spalding way (if you cant get a decent display from Spalding then where can you!!) I would get a nice presentation for Jo but it was even better than I had expected!! The extra suprise was the lovely cake which complete with candles (just a couple to give you the idea rather than one for each year!) was cut and handed out to the vast majority. It was great also how many friends as well as faces we know, but not really that well, that came over and congtratulated Jo. I wasnt expecting to get the microphone thrust in my hand on stage either - so hope I didnt ramble on too much during the presentation!!

Anyway, back to the night - great music all night even observed a couple of the "lesser spotted, 60's punter" (myself included!!) tapping their feet to the music. Steve, what you guys have here is what is great about the Soul scene - decent folk comming together for a great night out whilst listening to and dancing to some great Soul music. Superb set from Soul Sam - had the place rocking. Good to see a few faces I havent seen for a while and good to see a good number of youngsters in - and there for the music. Those that dont get up for a dance, more than happy to have a listen and a chat over a few drinks with friends. Well done all involved. Cheers, Ray & Jo

Geoff lovely to see you and Haren making the long trip up to join us for this ,shame steve couldnt make it!!,glad you got back home safe and sound.

Ray thanks for the ever present support from yourself and Jo @ ITS ,trust Jo had a nice birthday suprise then :P ,your right the crowd at ITS are really what makes the night , such great people each and every one I say this every time I know but they are the vital ingredient always ,god bless em all.I will post afew pics ,sorry dont profess to be a photographer ,best I could do :thumbup::ohmy: ....

forsale1632.jpg

forsale1622.jpg

forsale1627.jpg

forsale1609.jpg

forsale1634.jpg

forsale1631.jpg

forsale1633.jpg

forsale1630.jpg

forsale1629.jpg

forsale1628.jpg

forsale1625.jpg

forsale1621.jpg

forsale1620.jpg

forsale1618.jpg

forsale1617.jpg

forsale1616.jpg

forsale1615.jpg

forsale1613.jpg

forsale1612.jpg

forsale1611.jpg

forsale1610.jpg

Hi Steve,

Really pleased the night was a great success. Lorraine and I couldn't make it in the end, I had to bloody work. Was not happy :ohmy:

I was not there on the night but from what I have read, and what I have been told this venue and it's music policy deserves to carry on.

The photo's you have just added say it all, people dancing with smiles on their faces and having a good time to the music they love.

There is no reason why the same crowd can't do it everytime, and not just because it was billed as a last night.

When I came up last year I knew straight away I'd have a good night.

The key as I'm very sure your aware is moving from Friday to Saturday nights, and where possible not clashing with other Soul nights with the same music policy. You will attract more travellers from outside the area.

And if you can achieve what you did last Friday everytime, then you will have a successful night everytime.

Try the two dates you have booked and then make a decision. I personally think it will be worth it :thumbup:

I will flyer it for you wherever I can.

Good luck

Best

Molly

Edited by MOLLY

Hi Steve,

Really pleased the night was a great success. Lorraine and I couldn't make it in the end, I had to bloody work. Was not happy :ohmy:

I was not there on the night but from what I have read, and what I have been told this venue and it's music policy deserves to carry on.

The photo's you have just added say it all, people dancing with smiles on their faces and having a good time to the music they love.

There is no reason why the same crowd can't do it everytime, and not just because it was billed as a last night.

When I came up last year I knew straight away I'd have a good night.

The key as I'm very sure your aware is moving from Friday to Saturday nights, and where possible not clashing with other Soul nights with the same music policy. You will attract more travellers from outside the area.

And if you can achieve what you did last Friday everytime, then you will have a successful night everytime.

Try the two dates you have booked and then make a decision. I personally think it will be worth it :thumbup:

I will flyer it for you wherever I can.

Good luck

Best

Molly

Hi mate ,Mel told me that work had stopped you getting across ,thanks for your support ,not at all sure how things will finally work out it seems highly unlikely that the club can change the rule book regarding saturday nights , but we can live in hope!!

Your right about the photos ,the smiling faces say it all , we all know the old saying ......the camera never lies !!

See you soon

Steve

Hi mate ,Mel told me that work had stopped you getting across ,thanks for your support ,not at all sure how things will finally work out it seems highly unlikely that the club can change the rule book regarding saturday nights , but we can live in hope!!

Your right about the photos ,the smiling faces say it all , we all know the old saying ......the camera never lies !!

See you soon

Steve

Hi Steve/Rob,

Kim entered a few words of appreciation earlier in the forum, now ITS my turn. Exactly as you say Steve the camera never lies, however with any picture you dont get catch that atmosphere of being in the same room with such a friendly crowd enjoying quality music.

Great music being played by all dj,s all night, I had only just walked in bought a drink when you played one of my all time Cleethorpes favourites PRETENDERS 'Just Be Yourself', thats what I regard as quality underplayed seventies soul music. Really enjoyed Rupe's set he has a very good taste in music.

There really is nothing else I can say that many others have not said already, and I have purposely held back with personal reflections in order for you to see the range of people who love what you and Rob have done and have shown their gratitude.

I will however leave you with this thought, from a fellow promoters perspective. If you have a good night and the crowd enjoy it, that energy is multiplied and you receive a real buzz from their enjoyment. The down side to this is that on a bum night although the crowd will make the best of it, you will feel like your soul has drained away. Nobody but you will be experiencing that intense low but you certainly become wiser for it. That's why I sent words of encoragement last week as I know they would be welcome and I do understand!

Now tell me you didn't enjoy Friday night!!!!!!!!! You and Rob had smiles from ear to ear, enjoying your creation (ITS Spalding) playing good quality soul music to a very ample crowd. As promoters you were back enjoying the high.

Youv'e reached base camp, you now have time to relax, reflect and consider your options. Do you turn back or do you decide to go for the next level, despite your hardships? This is what makes life interesting dont you agree Steve?

Myself & Kim wish you all the best for the future, you have our respect and will always have our support..Respect.

Payo.

Hi Steve/Rob,

Kim entered a few words of appreciation earlier in the forum, now ITS my turn. Exactly as you say Steve the camera never lies, however with any picture you dont get catch that atmosphere of being in the same room with such a friendly crowd enjoying quality music.

Great music being played by all dj,s all night, I had only just walked in bought a drink when you played one of my all time Cleethorpes favourites PRETENDERS 'Just Be Yourself', thats what I regard as quality underplayed seventies soul music. Really enjoyed Rupe's set he has a very good taste in music.

There really is nothing else I can say that many others have not said already, and I have purposely held back with personal reflections in order for you to see the range of people who love what you and Rob have done and have shown their gratitude.

I will however leave you with this thought, from a fellow promoters perspective. If you have a good night and the crowd enjoy it, that energy is multiplied and you receive a real buzz from their enjoyment. The down side to this is that on a bum night although the crowd will make the best of it, you will feel like your soul has drained away. Nobody but you will be experiencing that intense low but you certainly become wiser for it. That's why I sent words of encoragement last week as I know they would be welcome and I do understand!

Now tell me you didn't enjoy Friday night!!!!!!!!! You and Rob had smiles from ear to ear, enjoying your creation (ITS Spalding) playing good quality soul music to a very ample crowd. As promoters you were back enjoying the high.

Youv'e reached base camp, you now have time to relax, reflect and consider your options. Do you turn back or do you decide to go for the next level, despite your hardships? This is what makes life interesting dont you agree Steve?

Myself & Kim wish you all the best for the future, you have our respect and will always have our support..Respect.

Payo.

Payo what can I say??very kind and wise words indeed :rolleyes: , we have from day one just wanted to have an alternative , more progressive night than the norm, we never expected to have huge crowds or make money from it , just that if people want it , here it is come and get type thing.

I think friday showed that people do want it so obviously we do not wish to stop everything, and the remaining 2 dates for 2009 are safe, however we do feel the need to change days to make it easier on the travellers ,such as yourself ,on whom we rely so much. Whatever happens in the future ITS has brought some great guests and their fantastic music to share with our beloved crowd in a sleepy lincolnshire maket town and together we have had some great nights ,and at least a couple more in prospect!!

Thank you

Steve

Source Advert