Question For The Organisers Of Hiphugher

Guest Ross

Is the mini Nighter still on in December?

The reason I am asking is that the Grand Atlantic was closed down two weeks ago due to the water system being contaminated.

Just thought I'd ask in case you were not aware and you needed to sort something out.

If all is ok then great.

Thanks,

Ross.

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quick update;

Mick & the team have been aware of the problem at the Hotel and have been in weekly contact with the manager there. Mick's been informed that the Hotel re-opens this Friday and it's bussiness as usual.

Big thanks to Ross for bring this up and roll on the Dec 16th, it gonna be good un' :thumbsup:

Glad all is ok and going ahead, I was a bit dubious as to posting this but if you guys were unaware it would have caused you lots of problems (plus I wanted to know anyway).

See you on the 16th, I'll be sticking to the Alcohol and keeping away from the aqua.

Cheers,

Ross

Thank f*ck it's still on.....my favourite festive allnighter (after BIDDS of course :thumbsup: )

The rest of my year is planned around this event thumbsup.gif

Nice to see Pete Lyster on the line up...he played a blinding set at Lea Manor last Saturday :D

Then there's that Dodgy Des Parker, great tunes and I always manage to snaffle a bargain out of his sales boxes (Gene Holiday, Danny Owens included)

Always nice to see Des come bouncing over to see what Danny Owens is when I spin it to suddenly realise he sold it me for a pittance...oh so sweet :shades::lol:

So hope plenty of you shandy & cider drinking southerners make the effort to support it...always a TOP NIGHT thumbsup.gif:D

Guest andrew bin

Thank f*ck it's still on.....my favourite festive allnighter (after BIDDS of course :thumbsup: )

The rest of my year is planned around this event :yes:

Nice to see Pete Lyster on the line up...he played a blinding set at Lea Manor last Saturday :yes:

Then there's that Dodgy Des Parker, great tunes and I always manage to snaffle a bargain out of his sales boxes (Gene Holiday, Danny Owens included)

Always nice to see Des come bouncing over to see what Danny Owens is when I spin it to suddenly realise he sold it me for a pittance...oh so sweet :D:lol:

So hope plenty of you shandy & cider drinking southerners make the effort to support it...always a TOP NIGHT :D:huh:

Chinese again :huh:

Chinese again :lol:

Oh yes indeedy Andy, about 8 or more of us going for the meal at moment, anyone wanting to join us are more than welcome......hoping to get down mid afternoon for a few pints, then stuff me face on the Chinese, then lots more beers in great company and quality music in a fantastic venue..... :shades:

Not forgetting the free crates of beer stashed away behind the decks for the DJs, so we don't even have to queue at the bar..... :D

Just need a porta-loo behind the decks now and jobs a good'un :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this up again but i have just heard on the local Radio news that the venue is going to be shut until 23 December at the earliest and in the Weston press it says until the forseeable future.

Can you lets us know.

Cheers,

Ross.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this up again but i have just heard on the local Radio news that the venue is going to be shut until 23 December at the earliest and in the Weston press it says until the forseeable future.

Can you lets us know.

Cheers,

Ross.

Hi Ross.

I actually spoke to Mick lloyd last night and he told me it was deffo still on as far as he knew.

He said he would double check with the hotel once more in case there was any further news, but he was very confident that the event would still be running as the hotel is still taking bookings for rooms for anyoine attending the event (something I should imagine they would not be able to do if venue was closed till Dec 23rd)

It may well be the hotel will be closed to the general public as such until Dec 23rd with it being end of season (hence the reason why the hotel is only available at this time of year for use as an mini-allnighter with all rooms being allocated to those attending the mini-allnighter)

Anyway, I'm sure that Mick will post up any relevant info if anything changes meantime.

Otherwise you can phone the hotel on the booking number 01934 626543 to check yourself if you still have doubts nearer the date.

Regards

Mace

Cheers Mace.

I won't hold my breath as legionaires is quite a serious issue as this is why the hotel is closed and not cause it off season.

Anyway, hope the managers not leading you guys on a song and dance!!!

Hope to see you there.

Ross

Cheers Mace.

I won't hold my breath as legionaires is quite a serious issue as this is why the hotel is closed and not cause it off season.

Anyway, hope the managers not leading you guys on a song and dance!!!

Hope to see you there.

Ross

The managers not leading me anywhere mate, I'm only DJing... (though if so I hope it is more than one song and a dance as it's on till 4 a.m. !)......but I will be proper gutted if its cancelled...sure Mick will update us all soon

As luck would have it Mick has just popped round and has this information for you:

Having spoken to the General Manager this afternoon he informs me that all is well for the 16th, yes the water has been tested and the final test is going to be tomorrow afternoon and Shearings(Grand Atlantic owners) are 99.9% certain that it will be a positive result.

As for the Hotel being shut these past couple of weeks, this is fairly normal for the Grand Atlantic as it allows them to get on top of their maintenance in preperation for Christmas. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Seems that Weston has no other exciting news to speak of so this must be the biggest story they've covered this century!!! :shades: There's fat lips a plenty waiting for any Journo's attending the Mini-Nighter. whistling.gif

Just to say that there are about 5 rooms left so be quick, the Hotel is taking calls between 09:00 & 15:00 weekdays.

A big thanks to Mike Ashley for keeping me informed and to Ross & Mace for the info in this thread.

If there are are any changes then either Steve & I will let you know.

See you all on the 16th then

Mick

So there ya have it...straight from the horses mouth (not that Mick looks like a horse...more of resemblance to a knackered pit pony methinks) :)

Just in case the water is still a bit iffy... make sure the free DJ beer is in sealed bottles (preferably with the word 'Stella' printed on the label eh Mick....) whistling.gif

And if we all stink the you know we ain't used the showers or baths... biggrin.gif

Unless its Des Parker.....he always stinks........ :shades:

Sorry Mace, Stella off, as you get off your head on it to easily it's bottles of Bud thumbsup.gif

And don't forget; there's a finger buffet for you fat bastards in the afternoon for those of you who can't wait for the Chinese

Bud it is then....can still get off me head on that owd girl.... :shades:

Finger buffet and Chinese if I get there in time then.....see ya there PonyFace.... :)

The rest of my year is planned around this event :wicked:

Nice to see Pete Lyster on the line up...he played a blinding set at Lea Manor last Saturday :shades:

Always nice to see Des come bouncing over to see what Danny Owens is when I spin it to suddenly realise he sold it me for a pittance...oh so sweet :lol::thumbsup:

So hope plenty of you shandy & cider drinking southerners make the effort to support it...always a TOP NIGHT :shades::shhh:

There shall be a small posse travelling down again from that there London (& Hastings!)

So you can get the Shandies in Mace!

Friend called hotel yesterday and they have said they will not know until Thursday if this is still going on!

Any more news would be appreciated as quite a few in Wales have booked hotel and made plans etc.

James

Right then, here's the bad news: HIPHUGHER's is CANCELLED.

We were told last Friday that although the Hotel had had two clear water samples, the Health Protection Agancy(HPA), based in London, took a last sample and the Hotel was told the results would be back by Wednesday 13th. Based on the fact that there was two clear samples we decided not to cancel. However today, Tuesday 12th the Hotel was informed by the HPA that they will not release the result until Monday 18th. Therefore the Hotel has to remain closed til then.

In the meantime we have tried our hardest to locate a new venue for the night but as it's Christmas you can imagine we've had no luck there!

People who are booked in for the night at the Hotel are advised to contact the Hotel direct, if you haven't been contacted already. Refunds are being sorted out at the moment.

For those that have contacted us already on hearing the news, we would just like to say "thank you very much for your support, as odviously this is something we could not have forseen and we would like to thank the Hotel and it's organisation for keeping us aware of the situation".

We're sorry that it's come to this, gutted, fecked off and many more words & phrases are being used by all the organising team today.

What we need to do at the moment is spread the word and let as many people know of the cancellation. I'll be down at the Hotel Saturday afternoon and evening to sort out and explain the situation with anybody who does not get to hear of the cancellation, as we understand quite a few people have booked elsewhere into local B&B.

Sad news

Mick Lloyd

hiphugher@worcssoul.info

Source Advert