Info On The Persionettes

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

Anyone out there on Soul Source got info on the Persionettes "it happens everyday" / "call on me" on Strata.

I know "call on me" was played back in the day but as " It Happens" been played out much? availability + price?

Thanks

Steve J

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bought this 45 about a year ago for 'Call On Me'....boy, was I pleasantly surprised when I played the flip!!! 2 stonking tunes indeed, one just as good as the other.

Reminds me of a Detroit recording.

Sorry, can't help with any info mate.

Think I paid £40 for a minter off Pete Smith, which was a good price as I think it's listed about £75/100.

I like the 'Strata' label and got a couple (not 'Dynamic Deadbeats' though!). Be interested to see a discography of the label....

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

I have this on an Orr demo not sure if it has the same flip, I will have to check

Whats the connection between the two labels and which came out first ?

By the way its up for sale if anyone is interested

Social source share

I've got an issue and a demo on OR at the moment, "It happens every day" is so good, just can't understand why nobody buys it off me!

Cause everyone want's it on Strata. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Anyone out there on Soul Source got info on the Persionettes "it happens everyday" / "call on me" on Strata.

I know "call on me" was played back in the day but as " It Happens" been played out much? availability + price?

Thanks

Steve J

Also came out on the Open label. I reviewed it in #6 (Sept. 2002) of Soul Renaissance mag, giving particular attention to "It happens". Because of the usual scenario on the scene that the sheep out there are only interested in the same old, or big money records.

Any info required on the group let me know.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Also came out on the Open label. I reviewed it in #6 (Sept. 2002) of Soul Renaissance mag, giving particular attention to "It happens". Because of the usual scenario on the scene that the sheep out there are only interested in the same old, or big money records.

Martyn

Martyn

Page 20 was the review that put me onto this mate! along with my Lind Queen "I feel the pain" on Rod Accents "who you gonna love" so thanks mate :yes:

Steve J

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Bought this 45 about a year ago for 'Call On Me'....boy, was I pleasantly surprised when I played the flip!!! 2 stonking tunes indeed, one just as good as the other.

Reminds me of a Detroit recording.

Sorry, can't help with any info mate.

Think I paid £40 for a minter off Pete Smith, which was a good price as I think it's listed about £75/100.

I like the 'Strata' label and got a couple (not 'Dynamic Deadbeats' though!). Be interested to see a discography of the label....

£40 Pete........ups!

I know what you mean about it sounding Detroit thats why i like it, Untill this came up in Soul Renaissanc in 2002 i had & sold two copy's of this back in the day for "call on me" not knowing about the better side :yes:

Young and daft is my deffence :yes:

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Martyn

Social source share

Persionettes - Philadelphia group, A Ben-Lee production, also had a great unreleased Swan recording "Run, Run" . Persionettes did back Timmie Carr as Timmie & Persionettes (another Ben-Lee production) Timmie Carr was also Timmie, from Timmie & Empires (another Ben-Lee production), who's product was allegedly released on Blue rock records.

Des Parker

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Persionettes - Philadelphia group, A Ben-Lee production, also had a great unreleased Swan recording "Run, Run" . Persionettes did back Timmie Carr as Timmie & Persionettes (another Ben-Lee production) Timmie Carr was also Timmie, from Timmie & Empires (another Ben-Lee production), who's product was allegedly released on Blue rock records.

Des Parker

Hi Des

Thanks for this mate, do you have a sound file of the Swan recording?

& is the Timmie & the Persionettes I WANT MY LOVIN FROM YOU-GOT NO TIME the track you know or is there more out there?

Steve J

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Martyn

Page 20 was the review that put me onto this mate! along with my Lind Queen "I feel the pain" on Rod Accents "who you gonna love" so thanks mate :D

Steve J

Steve thanks for the plug and picking up on the reviews. Des has posted some info from the Philly Archives CD that contain the released as well as unreleased material. If anyone can't send you the soundfiles, i'll put them on a tape for you.

Martyn

Social source share

Des Parker

Run Run is absolutely brilliant - eventually came out on Kent's Swan CD.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Run Run is absolutely brilliant - eventually came out on Kent's Swan CD.

Played by John Vincent i think, but artist was unknown as it was not on the acetate?

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Des Parker

A copy of Timmy & the Persionettes "i want my lovin from you" on a test press only done by Goldmine in 03 to promote the CD with this track arrived this morning, But the track on the flip by Timmy & the Empires "got no time" is one track i've only heard played out a hand full of times, Did this ever get released in the US?

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

A copy of Timmy & the Persionettes "i want my lovin from you" on a test press only done by Goldmine in 03 to promot the CD with this track arrived this morning, But the track on the flip by Timmy & the Empires "got no time" is one track i've only heard played out a hand full of times, Did this ever get released in the US?

Steve J

No it didn't get issued. Butch occasionally plays it out though, so i'd assume he's got the acetate.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I think that The Persianettes back Cindy Scott her unissued Mirasound acetate "I got news".

Ali

There's a couple of others with Cindy Scott too:

"What are you doing to me" and ""Lazy lover" (Same as Geraldine Latham).

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

No it didn't get issued. Butch occasionally plays it out though, so i'd assume he's got the acetate.

Martyn

Anyone out there know how many Goldmine test press of this were done?

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert