Do Soul Nights Only Work Properly At Weekends?

Last night I was offered a large room with a dancefloor at no cost basically to hold a soul night but on one condition that put me off straight away . It must be on a Sunday night .

Which brings me round to the question. Do soul nights only generally work well on a Friday and Saturday and does anthying else the rest of the week seem to suffer for obvious reasons or are there exceptions?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Last night I was offered a large room with a dancefloor at no cost basically to hold a soul night but on one condition that put me off straight away . It must be on a Sunday night .

Which brings me round to the question.  Do soul nights only generally work well on a Friday and Saturday and does anthying else  the rest of the week seem to suffer for obvious reasons or are there exceptions?

link

There used to be loads of midweek soul nights round by us, the most famous probably Thursday's at Halesowen Tiffanies - big name dj's of the time as well.

I'd love to go to or do a midweek session.

People have so much to do nowadays though that soul is only part of it so I'd guess it would be tough to make people leave their armchairs on a sunday night.

Social source share

There used to be loads of midweek soul nights round by us, the most famous probably Thursday's at Halesowen Tiffanies - big name dj's of the time as well.

People have so much to do nowadays though that soul is only part of it so I'd guess it would be tough to make people leave their armchairs on a sunday night.

link

Hinckley have a low key affair on a Sunday nite, twice monthly. Like to chill Sunday nite really, before the dreaded monday morning, so have only made it the once. I totally agree and if there was something midweek in the Midlands I'd be there. A pub in Nuneaton did a wednesday nite one 6 months ago, but it's gone now.

Social source share

link

I know there have been a few midweek nights round here lately , all on a Thursday night one at Brierly Hill , one at Netherton i think run by Kenny Lee but dont know if these are going now .

The other Thursday one is at those bogs that have been turned into a nightclub in Bilston next to the Spread Eagle pub , I noticed a large sign outside last week advertising a Northern soul & Motown night every Thursday but who runs it or what formats played there is anyones guess.

Ill give you a bell next week Pete because Ive got some decent decks and gear now and maybe we can arrange something , worth a try anyway :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert