A Few Killers On Offer

George M

This is a fundraiser for immediate paypal credits, hence USD pricing. I wouldn't be particularly happy to see any of them go, so leftovers will go straight back on the shelf once I've hit my required total. No holds, first come first served. I'm taking bids on the two for offers until Thursday night.

Joey Irving: Can You Handle Me Girl / What Happened To The Love We Knew (Vincent) EX serious offers

His rarest and arguably best. Massive funk/crossover, with an equally great morose midtempo flip. Only a small scattering of copies are knocking around in collections.

Walter Washington: Mary Jane / Goody Man (Power) EX, close to M- serious offers

Severely rare and hard-as-nails double-sided NOLA funk monster feat. Eddie Bo & co.

James Monroe: Frontiersman of the Galaxy / Funky Lady (Magic Touch) M- $375

Top quality funky modern with much atmosphere, current play for Dave Ripolles etc.

Fabulous Moonlighters: For Granted / I've Lost Again (Blue Eagle) M- $200

Brilliant uptempo funky Northern from Indiana, had a few spins at Stafford and getting some action again now courtesy of Wrighty and the Rustler. Solid deep flip too.

Sensational Little Doc & his Rhythm Express: My Precious Love / Mellow Dreamin' (Music-Go-Round) M- $125

Lovely crossover / ballad from the same S.C. team as Paul Burton etc

The Poets Of Rhythm: Hotpie's Popcorn / Pt.2 (Hotpie & Candy) EX $90

Their first ever release, strong uptempo funk & obviously hard to find nowadays.

Edited by George M
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Joey Irving clips -

CAN YOU HANDLE ME GIRL:

https://www.ithinkmusic.com/samples/samples...andlemegirl.mp3

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOVE WE KNEW:

https://www.ithinkmusic.com/samples/samples...eloveweknew.mp3

Best offer is a meagre $550 at the moment :D

At this rate, it's not going anywhere.

Edited by George M
Social source share

Joey Irving clips -

CAN YOU HANDLE ME GIRL:

https://www.ithinkmusic.com/samples/samples...andlemegirl.mp3

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOVE WE KNEW:

https://www.ithinkmusic.com/samples/samples...eloveweknew.mp3

Best offer is a meagre $550 at the moment :lol:

At this rate, it's not going anywhere.

A brilliant and tough-to-get record, but I think $550 is a more than fair price.

Social source share

Really? Sod it, I'll keep it then.

If Joey Irving were to start getting plays in clubs from big-name deejays I'd say it would sell for more, but really I can't think that anybody has ever paid in the ballpark of £400 for this record. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear George, but It's a common sense price for what is essentially, up to this point, a 'collectors' record. A good and none-too-common one, but still a collectors piece.

Good luck with your sales, though, as there are some belters in that list above.

Social source share

If Joey Irving were to start getting plays in clubs from big-name deejays I'd say it would sell for more, but really I can't think that anybody has ever paid in the ballpark of £400 for this record. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear George, but It's a common sense price for what is essentially, up to this point, a 'collectors' record. A good and none-too-common one, but still a collectors piece.

Good luck with your sales, though, as there are some belters in that list above.

I'd say the current price on this is £250 - £300 max

Personally, I reckon it's the other one - 'Don't Throw Our Love Away' that is underplayed and under priced

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert