Headsy

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if you were gonna say too much I agree,

John Anderson told me a US dealer asked him for $2,000 for a copy,you can guess what JA told him..........

got mine for £300 which your mate AD said was about right.

2 great sides !!

link

I was mate, still do think it's too much. I'd agree with my mate and what you paid :unsure:

Social source share

Manship's price may have been a bit high, but still not shocking IMO.

This is NOT a record you see listed very often. I've only seen it a

couple of times the last 5-6 years @ around £350 or so. Compared

to other records that fetch the same kind of money, this is actually

very rare.

Cheers,

Christian B

PS! And no I didn't buy mine from Manship :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Mick W

Got to go with Christian on this one !! Compared with some of the ridiculous prices paid for some average (available if you look around tunes), this is one tune that rarely surfaces !! Great record IMVHO :unsure:

Have a Gorilla :unsure:

Social source share

Manship's price may have been a bit high, but still not shocking IMO.

This is NOT a record you see listed very often. I've only seen it a

couple of times the last 5-6 years @ around £350 or so. Compared

to other records that fetch the same kind of money, this is actually

very rare.

Cheers,

Christian B

PS! And no I didn't buy mine from Manship  :unsure:

link

I'd agree with you but isn't this a case of a record actually going for what it's worth. Some of these 300 quid records these days should be more like 50 :unsure:

Social source share

I'd agree with you but isn't this a case of a record actually going for what it's worth.  Some of these 300 quid records these days should be more like 50  :unsure:

link

...I guess you're right... more shocking is the fact that Manship got

£600++ for Patterson Twins "Gotta find a new love" :unsure: Don't these

people read other sales lists?!

CB

Social source share

Guest Mick W

Spot on !!! there are on occasions numerous listings with records priced in some cases £100 + difference, recent(last couple of months) example would be Billy Kent - Take it all this time: 2 different lists (and a quote) as follows:

£ 300

£ 250

£ 350

It certainly pays to hunt em down, however many people (including myself) have paid over the odds at times to get a tune that has slipped through my fingers on too many occasions over the years !! Whilst paying extra does not help the scene(in some peoples opinion),in particular with price guides setting the benchmark !! if you want it bad enough and its worth having...NOT Ace Spectrum etc ........then unless you dig deep you may never get another opportunity !!! :unsure:

Soul Sam I aint, not that old just yet (Sorry Sam !!) however the chase for the Holy grail continues and If it means that I can play some quality rare soul to the punters and bolster my collection then, I will on occasions GO FOR IT !!!

Have a Gorilla :unsure:

Social source share

...I guess you're right... more shocking is the fact that Manship got

£600++ for Patterson Twins "Gotta find a new love"  :unsure:   Don't these

people read other sales lists?!

CB

link

I don't think those paying well over the odds on any auction site read sales list. Either more money than sense for some or little knowledge.

Social source share

Guest Mick W

I don't think those paying well over the odds on any auction site read sales list.  Either more money than sense for some or little knowledge.

link

:unsure: Right again Chalky !! Since joining these forums, I have been able to bolster my knowledge tremendously and it is as a result that I have found dealers. sales lists etc and been able to glean more info of people like yourself and Christian, JOT etc etc........however the search goes on ................. :unsure:

Too little time, too little cash !!!!!!!

Would someone like to sell me a copy of Coco and Ben as it is a little high and will go quite a bit higher no doubt on JM Auction site !! :unsure:

Social source share

A copy of Bernard Smith sold on ebay ended at $456 on 2005-03-08. I think (not 100% sure though) a copy sold for $250 "buy it now" some time back. Don't recall seeing it apart from this, but on the other hand I have not really been looking for it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert