Winner Or Binner?

I'm trying desperately to justify the 25 quid(ish) a month I spend on the separate net connect that hosts the music on my website.

Honestly now, would you say winner or binner, and why?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

question is then, would you spend +25.00 a month to host music for others enjoyment?

link

I am just about to spend £150.00 on a small but beautiful monthly venue and if I lose £25.00 every month it will not concern me in the slightest . Whats £6.25 a week , a packet of fags.

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Karen

If you have a lot of traffic passing through isn't there any way you can generate income from affiliate ads or banners? If not, and you're only hosting for others enjoyment ie: you don't use it yourself, then I'd definately suggest binning it - that's £300 / year you're forking out ... Think of all the beautiful records (or shoes!!) you could buy with that! But that's only my opinion. whistling.gif

Social source share

Karen

If you have a lot of traffic passing through isn't there any way you can generate income from affiliate ads or banners?  If not, and you're only hosting for others enjoyment ie: you don't use it yourself, then I'd definately suggest binning it - that's £300 / year you're forking out ... Think of all the beautiful records (or shoes!!) you could buy with that!  But that's only my opinion.  ranting_1.gif

link

I hadn't thought of that - although nothing worse than seeing adverts on a page when you just want to peruse the information there :rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea though, I will give it some thought.

Social source share

You could always sell your car and buy a nice cheap girly car like a fiesta.  wink.gif

link

I take offence to that remark, my fiesta wasnt cheap and I dont class it as a girly car - I can get 2 bales of hay in there I'll have you know!! smile.gif

Social source share

I'm trying desperately to justify the 25 quid(ish) a month I spend on the separate net connect that hosts the music on my website.

Honestly now, would you say winner or binner, and why?

link

I think the bottom line is what do you get out of it; what is the return on your investment for yourself? Usually, people start out being very altruistic and set up sites, swap CDs, run nights for free etc but the lack of feedback, good, bad, or indifferent, starts you to question and ask why bother? How many sound clips, photos, reviews on here get three figure hits without any reply? The lack of comment often starts the demise of enthusiasm for repeating. If you post up ‘CDs or vinyl’ for the umpteenth time, the replies of ‘yes’, ‘no’ ‘get screwed’ lead to the thread being top of the forum section all week. Your sound files are probably falling on “deaf ears” that are listening to them to pass some time; like an episode of some soap opera,” I don’t have to take too much attention today, because there’s another episode tomorrow”. I would suggest ditching the line and ‘buying’ some water supply in Africa with the £300+, you will not get any feedback from this either, but you’ll probably be keeping a lot more faith!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert