Help With Valuation Please

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

Can somebody help me with a valuation of Bobby Reed The time is right for love issue copy on Bell?

Is the issue less common than the demo?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can somebody help me with a valuation of Bobby Reed The time is right for love issue copy on Bell?

Thanks thumbsup.gif

I would think that whatever the case, vinyl copies should be worth more since the styrene is always burned out

Social source share

Guest nsoulchris

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Hi there.

Bobby Reed - The Time Is Right For Love - Bell 888

Issue is rarer than the demo - and issue price is 280- 300, maybe 240/250 for the demo

Love the music

Chris

Social source share

As said by Bob, rarest format is the vinyl issue which I'd value at about 300/350 on a good day..

not sure about that benji. when this 45 turned up in the uk in the late 90`s they were all vinyl issues. i got sick of people pushing them in front of my nose. also later on in the oakland find a few boxes of styrene mint issues surfaced and thats why the value really dipped. not because of ebay. i agree that the demo is not that rare because its a major label at the end of the day. but look at popsike. its about 50/50 on there. still a great 2 sider tho

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Hello Mark,

Here`s my observation for what its worth.......I have seen many, many more demo`s than issues full stop. There`s simply no comparison. In my experience,from when it started getting played in the late 80`s,they were never around in quantity anyway,just one`s and two`s more like.shades.gif In fact,there`s more flying about today than i`ve ever seen and thats down to someone[ i dunno ,maybe C.Moerer ?]having it as a constant BuyIt Now on ebay............And guess what? They all seem to be demo`s.

The Vinyl issues are far,far rarer than the Styrene ones but i honestly dont think theres any real price difference.

Tell you what though, they are all overpriced........

I reckon they should be about half what everyone charges.......

Thing is, everyone needs to get their money back though dont theyunsure.gif And i know its played out now but its still an exquisite peice of Soul music [both sides]........

Good Luck Mate,

Ivor

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Hello Mark,

Here`s my observation for what its worth.......I have seen many, many more demo`s than issues full stop. There`s simply no comparison. In my experience,from when it started getting played in the late 80`s,they were never around in quantity anyway,just one`s and two`s more like.shades.gif In fact,there`s more flying about today than i`ve ever seen and thats down to someone[ i dunno ,maybe C.Moerer ?]having it as a constant BuyIt Now on ebay............And guess what? They all seem to be demo`s.

The Vinyl issues are far,far rarer than the Styrene ones but i honestly dont think theres any real price difference.

Thing is, everyone needs to get their money back though dont theyunsure.gif And i know its played out now but its still an exquisite peice of Soul music [both sides]........

Good Luck Mate,

Ivor

Thanks for all the advice people

Ivor.....I too had noticed that the demos seem to come up often these days, and the issues seem uncommon.... suppose there are lots of copies around, but it's so good that people hang on to them....even though it is overplayed, it still sounds fresh....

....oh yeah, and i've got an issue i wanna sell whistling.gif

cheers folks :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hello Mark,

Good Luck Mate,

Ivor

RUBBISH angry.gif THE ISSUE HAS TURNED UP IN QUANTITY AT LEAST TWICE IN THE LAST 15 YEARS, NEW YORK VINYL COPIES IN THE 90T'S AND STYRENE ONES , BOUT SIX YEARS AGO. THERES ALWAYS BEEN A STEADY STREAM OF DEMO'S BUT IT HAS NEVER TURNED UP IN ANY QUANTITY. REGARDS CRAIG MOERER IT'S PROBABLY THE SAME COPY HE CAN'T SHIFT DUE TO BEING OVERPRICED. THE RAREST FORMAT ,IMHO IS THE MONARCH, STYRENE DEMO.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

RUBBISH :thumbsup: THE ISSUE HAS TURNED UP IN QUANTITY AT LEAST TWICE IN THE LAST 15 YEARS, NEW YORK VINYL COPIES IN THE 90T'S AND STYRENE ONES , BOUT SIX YEARS AGO. THERES ALWAYS BEEN A STEADY STREAM OF DEMO'S BUT IT HAS NEVER TURNED UP IN ANY QUANTITY. REGARDS CRAIG MOERER IT'S PROBABLY THE SAME COPY HE CAN'T SHIFT DUE TO BEING OVERPRICED. THE RAREST FORMAT ,IMHO IS THE MONARCH, STYRENE DEMO.

BRI PINCH.

blimey bri, calm down mate... they're only records...not life or death :sleep3:

btw, do you wanna buy a copy of the contours' i'm a winner ? i'm selling one of those too thumbsup.gif

PS: the issue is rarer :thumbsup:

Social source share

blimey bri, calm down mate... they're only records...not life or death :wink:

btw, do you wanna buy a copy of the contours' i'm a winner ? i'm selling one of those too thumbsup.gif

PS: the issue is rarer :yes:

blimey bri, calm down mate... they're only records...not life or death :wink:

PS: the issue is rarer :yes:

think ive got both somewhere 4 sale and yes the issue might be more rarebut yes your right calm down calm down

no love to hear serious collectors to explain about diffferent labels and all that shit

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert