Towerfull O' Soul - Fri 20Th

Guest the major

Guest the major

What can I say, a fantastic night, our best yet. The crowd began to arrive earlier than usual and by 9 the place was 2/3rds full and even I didn't manage to clear the floor after Ginger Dave's early set. Terry Dempsey stepped up to the decks next and for his first London set he played an absolut stormer; great tunes put together really nicely (do us a set list please Tel), which then had the floor buzzing for Stubbsy - don't be fooled by his laid back style - the music was a fantastic mix of all genres and electrified the now rammed dancefloor as the Boo-ga-loo boys Little Ian and Warren came into their own. Ian up first, followed by a spot of double decking and then Warren finished off his headline set with some crackin' RnB and even some latin which was really well received. Ginger Dave had the unenviable task of following on but with a record collection the size of Malta, it was plain sailing all the way. last up a return to the decks for Terry and me, as we double decked our way to 2AM. Last record up was Bettye Swann - Kiss My Love Goodbye, a slice of fried gold from '74, which had the remaining dancers calling for more as the lights went up.

It was a top night, made possible by the enthusiasm & skill of the guest djs and the brilliant crowd. Lots of old friends and plenty of new faces, who we hope will be regulars at this fantastic little venue.

I'd like to thank all the guests, our growing list of regular punters and Roger & Ginger Dave for their kindness and support in getting this club night off the ground in 2009; we look forward to next year, when Kevin Kent will be our guest on 22nd January.

• Replies 7
  • Views 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for The Major's kind invitation to spin a few at Towerful last night. This is turning out to be a shining gem in the murky backwaters of South London. I know us djs will tell you how good it was but what really made last night was the crowd. Very knowledgable and created a great atmosphere all night - too many friends to list them all but lovely to see Steven and Christine who I haven't seen for ages. Great night and not hard to keep the dancefloor busy. Some of my plays from last night:

Freddy Butler - Pitter Patter - M and M

Al McCarthur - His true love for you - Two Guitars

Martells - Where can my baby be - A La Carte

Mike Pedicin - Burnt toast and black coffee - Federal

Terry callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Dena Barnes - If you ever walk out of my life - Inferno

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry

Marvin Gaye – Love starved heart - Tamla

Minnie Jones - Shadow of a memory - Sugar

Harvey Averne - Never learned to dance - Uptite

Del Davis - Baby don't wake me – Trojan

Tommy Ridgely – My love gets stronger – International city

Gene Toones – What more do you want – Simco

Clydene Jackson – I need your love

Cookie Scott – I don't care - ORR

Edited by boogaloo
Guest soulmanherts

what a great night last night, great music great crowd and not laughed so much in ages, stubbys shoes going for walk was the high light for me, well done guys look forward to the next one.

Top quality night it certainly was thumbup.gif

Crowd were really up for it!

Really enjoyed myself behind the decks last night biggrin.gif

Anybody in biggrin.gif London who hasn't been yet, get yerself down there, you'll enjoy it.

Well done The Major and biggrin.gif Ginger Davelong may it continue, and thanks very much again Dave for the lift back to deepest Essex thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys for a great night. Very impressed with the turnout and this nice little venue. Blimey, a proper dancefloor, and air-con whatever next?

Me & the Blonde heard a good cross section of tunes even a few 70's gawd love a duck, but had to leave before the Ginger one plyed his trade, sorry Dave.

I'll be back for more. Cheers fellas.

Steve

Guest GingerDave

I would like too give a big thank you to everyone one that came along on Friday night,what a night it just gets better and better and thats down too you the Soulie who come through the door the Djs who play some top choons that justs keeps the dance floor moving alnight thankyou ,Looking forward to next year when i hope to see all in Jan .Stubby my plesure mate see you soon .

Guest the major

Top quality night it certainly was thumbup.gif

Crowd were really up for it!

Really enjoyed myself behind the decks last night biggrin.gif

Anybody in biggrin.gif London who hasn't been yet, get yerself down there, you'll enjoy it.

Well done The Major and biggrin.gif Ginger Davelong may it continue, and thanks very much again Dave for the lift back to deepest Essex thumbsup.gif

Cheers Stubbsy, you're welcome. Next time I'll bring some more gaffer tape to keep them old shoes on - nearly had someone's eye out ......

Apolgies for the delay in getting this up. Had a few problems with my log in and had to get a new account, Anywho's

What a great night. As Mr Stubbs has already said, if you haven't been, get yourself down to Tower bridge for a night of quality soul (great set by the way). There is something spun for everyone, which means the floor is always busy. Any where that Gene Toones is spun is worth a visit. If you ever get bored spinning it Warren give me a shout i will gladly take it off your hands (no chance of that).

A few of my choones on the night, not sure about the order but not far off:

Knick Knack Patty Whack - Lou Lawton - Wand

What condition my condition is in - Betty La Vette - Karen

Hide Nor Hair- Earl Grant - Decca

I need You - Shane Martin - EPIC

Cards on the Table - The Diplomats - AROCK

My Road is the right road - The Volumes - Inferno

Kiss me now - Florence Devoure - Phi-Dan

Tempatation is calling my name - Lee David - Columbia

What Kind of Lady - Dee Dee Sharp - Gamble

Since i found my Baby - The Metros - RCA Victor

Any Way you Wanta- Harvey Farqua - Tri Phi

Bout Love - Clydie King - Lizard

Music to my heart- Patti Austin - ABC

Sugar - The Isonics - Kammy

Use it before you lose it - Bobby Valentine - Fania

Send him back - Pointer Sisters - Atlantic

I don't need no doctor- Ray Charles - ABC

That drivin Beat - Willie Mitchell- Hi

Thanks to the the Major and Dave for having me down and look forward to getting along in the new year.

Source Advert