Female Version Of Reggie Alexander

Guest Swish

Who sings the Female version of REGGIE ALEXANDER, IT'S BETTER? I heard it over the phone on John Manship's website. I asked him and even he didn't know!

I don't care if it's just been done, or it's a fake or a bootleg or anything.

I WANT THIS RECORD.

Also is it possible to get L.ALLEN CAN'T WE TALK IT OVER with female duet/backing.

I know this is fake, but I ain't bothered whether it's fake or not. I love it personally.

On the same subject, sort of, how rare and difficult is MONKEY TIME, by GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN on IMMEDIATE?

I had a copy of this many years ago.

Does (WOW) a demo copy of this exist?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sharon Scott. An unissued RCA recording eventually released on the Kent compilation CD "Rare Collectable & Soulful".

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

Info on the other 2 records now please anyone/

Social source share

Female version of It's Better by Sharon Scott is on the CD Rare, Collectable and Soulful - put out by Kent and it was a previously unissued Pied Piper Production for RCA and was recorded 14/02/67... The Cd comes highly recommended. Hope you are well Swish. Regards Dave Molloy

Social source share

i remember neal clowes playing the larry allen with female backing at bradford queens hall in the early 90's, i was sat with tony coleby at the time, tony went off to investigate & apparantly, it was neals daughter singing the backing, as neal was quite friendly with chris king it was probally done at chris's studio, i remember going down to see chris a few years later & he played me a frank wilson / chris clark duet of "do i love you" which he'd sat up all night splicing together, it was amazing, frank wilson and chris clark sung alternate verses & he dubbed both there voices on the chorus, it was a real professional job, you couldnt hear the joins, chris was always messing about with things like that, he certainly knew his way round a mixing desk

Social source share

i remember neal clowes playing the larry allen with female backing at bradford queens hall in the early 90's, i was sat with tony coleby at the time, tony went off to investigate & apparantly, it was neals daughter singing the backing, as neal was quite friendly with chris king it was probally done at chris's studio, i remember going down to see chris a few years later & he played me a frank wilson / chris clark duet of "do i love you" which he'd sat up all night splicing together, it was amazing, frank wilson and chris clark sung alternate verses & he dubbed both there voices on the chorus, it was a real professional job, you couldnt hear the joins, chris was always messing about with things like that, he certainly knew his way round a mixing desk

would love both those records

Someone find em for me

Thanks

Social source share

There's definitely a demo of Golden Apples Of The Sun, it's rare though, so is the issue - I'd have thought £75. There may be a demo on Decca too as it was withdrawn from that label, might just be a rumour though.

Always wondered about the DECCA one. Never seen one in 40 years , mind you never seen an Immediate demo either.

Do you know I'm quite enjoying this talk about records.

I was obsessed with it for years especially UK issues.

Sometimes people went into shock cos I wanted to buy a US import from them.

I remember when I first heard WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE by Kenny Shepherd.

I heard IAN CLARK had one and rushed to look in his box.

"There's no English labels in here Swish " he says.

Thanks for your help Pete.S

Social source share

Female version of It's Better by Sharon Scott is on the CD Rare, Collectable and Soulful - put out by Kent and it was a previously unissued Pied Piper Production for RCA and was recorded 14/02/67... The Cd comes highly recommended. Hope you are well Swish. Regards Dave Molloy

Thank you Dave and same to you my mate.

Social source share

Source Advert