Modern Soul Rarity On The Rav Label?

Came across this 45 among my stock of 45s and can't find any info on it at all. Will post up ssoundfiles in refosoul later (when I'm back from shopping!). Same label that supplies some big money 45s and this is a quality dancer.

Chilli - I Wanna Dance With You / The Dallas Cowboy Song - Rav 17

Anybody have any info on this? All kelp much appreciated :D

Adam.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

i remember Simon Murray singing along to this at about 14 mph at the Roller Disco before he fell over and had a bad bang to his Chins cos he aint stoppped stroking them since g.gif

Social source share

There we go, the release after Veda Brown. Anybody know it, own it, play it etc etc???

Opinions more than welcome on both sides as well :D. Apart from any opinion from Bearsy as he'll just use it as an excuse to ridicule Simon Murray :D:P

Social source share

Rav I think is a Memphis label, there is a link between Memphis and The Dallas Cowboys. The owner of Fun City (Memphis) was a player for The Dallas Cowboys, could be that he had some involvement with this label as well. Doesn't really help I know but a bit of info anyway.

Dave

Hi Dave, yes a Memphis label.....Steve

Cheers Dave & Steve,

That gives me more info than I had which is always good thumbsup.gif. Intro on 'Dallas Cowboy Song' is dreadful and lyrics are far from the best but I think the backing and vocals are great. Other side will appeal to boogie/disco collectors I would think?

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert