Belles, The / Jackie Lee - Let Me Do It / I´ll Do Anything

shute

Ady, put them both out on Kent Select, maybe with an Inst. on the flip, "Same Old Thing" springs to mind, and consign those Foul Sox boots to the past.

Good call. But Kent may struggle with some of the multi tracks to mix down from. The last time I saw some of them they were in the hands of a French Moroccan guy, who's name escapes me.

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JIM BARRY

Jim. Please try and be nice and lighten up.

KEV. I DON'T HAVE TO TRY VERY HARD. AS FOR LIGHTENING UP, READ SOME THREADS THAT DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROMOTIONS, I DO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!! DO YOU???

Social source share

Paul- The author of the 'book' ought to be Ian Dewhirst. He knew the inner workings of a frighteningly talented mind.

I am not here to defend him against anything he may have done to collectors or record industry persons.

But we need to have facts, instead of continually 'finding him guilty' everytime we speak of the legend.

Incidentally, It's a shame you never met Nate McCalla and Morris Levy..... you might have a wider viewpoint of the Record Industry back in the day.

As they are no longer with us, try the new Tommy 'Mony Mony' James book 'Me and the Mob'. If I had Soussan's address I'd treat him to a copy. Rivetting!

Stay well.

Kev, I don't doubt that Soussan may have been fair with you and others but I have facts from various people (including Millbrand clients such as Herb & Delores Campbell, Lorraine Chandler, Bob Relf etc.) and I've heard all the stories so I'm convinced that he was dishonest in the extreme - at least with most people most of the time.

And yet it's strange that I think a book would be fascinating reading ...as long as it doesn't have a happy ending of course. wink.gif

I also have a wide understanding of the industry back then and I've dealt with some dubious people myself but I find it hard to admire them. For example, I've heard people say that Levy was a crook and a bully yet I've heard others say he was like a brother or an uncle to them. It shows that he treat people in very different ways, as all of us do to an extent.

I've read loads of industry books but it's been a while since I read anything special so I'll order the Tommy James book. Thanks for the tip.

Social source share

keep it going lads and make the Soul Fox single a collectable bit of tat due to the nature of the contraversy this thread is generating - then I can put my copy up for sale and buy something decent with the money thumbup.gif

Social source share

keep it going lads and make the Soul Fox single a collectable bit of tat due to the nature of the contraversy this thread is generating - then I can put my copy up for sale and buy something decent with the money thumbup.gif

I'll tell you who reminds me of Simon, did you ever see the stand up comic Boris Pincher who played Serge in Beverly Hills Cop. SS was slightly camp without even knowing it!

He looks a bit like Frankie Valli too and a major hit with the ladies.

Social source share