Soul @ Stamford

excellent night of "across the board" soul

a really good turn out aswell who were up for a good night! with the dancefloor seeing plenty of action.

nice to hear a selection of lesser played out oldiesthumbsup.gif

keep the good work up, and more sarnies next time please....

russ

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

excellent night of "across the board" soul

a really good turn out aswell who were up for a good night! with the dancefloor seeing plenty of action.

nice to hear a selection of lesser played out oldiesthumbsup.gif

keep the good work up, and more sarnies next time please....

russ

Russ, yup was a very enjoyable night. A decent turn out, perhaps another 25, 30 or so would have topped it off a treat.

A nice selection of sounds, with a few oldies I ain't heard out for quite a while.

A couple of pints down me and those sarnies had to have it, missed out on the chicken drumsticks though. Come on own up, who gobbled 'em all up -- b'stards sad.gif

Yes, a good night all round and even Smudge's farts were down to a minimal little "phut" now and then.

thumbup.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Guest smudgesmith

Russ, yup was a very enjoyable night. A decent turn out, perhaps another 25, 30 or so would have topped it off a treat.

A nice selection of sounds, with a few oldies I ain't heard out for quite a while.

A couple of pints down me and those sarnies had to have it, missed out on the chicken drumsticks though. Come on own up, who gobbled 'em all up -- b'stards sad.gif

Yes, a good night all round and even Smudge's farts were down to a minimal little "phut" now and then.

thumbup.gif

Bugger Dave was trying to keep this venue quiet,,,,,,,,,,,,dont want too many people in on the secret that is Soul at Stamford.Why do you think the farts were kept to a minimum?????

really enjoyable night i have to say, good turn out and a few new faces also.

Although i say it myself the music policy is pretty much bang on - underplayed, newer spins early doors

moving on to more well known tunes as the night progressed

I have a feeling that this venue will devolop even greater this year as the word spreads, although we have been going many years, I gotta feeling its gonna be rocking and a reeling.

Did anyone notice we didn`t have Carl Fortnum availlable for this one either!

KTF Steve

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Steve Soul
Guest Dave Turner

I wish you had told me that last night, i changed that stylus twice thought there was fluff on it blush.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Tell ya what, them sarnies went down so well I think we all ought to take a pack-up to next month's bash.

Cheese & pickle anyone?

Edited by Dave Turner
Guest skipstuart

what time did the South Lincs Chapter leave the dungeon? Great night fellars keep at it.

Even Matt turned up... hatsoff2.gif

Thank you to everybody who attended soul@stamford last night,I for one enjoyed the night completely. I think Rob Smith has taken up resi-record dealer at stamford good old rob. Thank you to all djs. smudge.steve gutteridge.paul donnelly.+myself+everybody involved in soul@stamford in particular you without you we have nothing...............skip/poke.:(

A big thank you to steve for putting the c.d. together.

FRY OUT.POSHY FAN.:yes:

Thank you to everybody who attended soul@stamford last night,I for one enjoyed the night completely. I think Rob Smith has taken up resi-record dealer at stamford good old rob. Thank you to all djs. smudge.steve gutteridge.paul donnelly.+myself+everybody involved in soul@stamford in particular you without you we have nothing...............skip/poke.hatsoff2.gif

A big thank you to steve for putting the c.d. together.

FRY OUT.POSHY FAN.yes.gif

Skip, nice to see Rob in these parts again, he said he`s gonna get to as many as he can - Top Bloke

Edited by Steve Soul
Guest Dave Turner

Great idea Dave - a sandwich bar in place of the record bar

PS keep Smudge away from the egg & cress :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Egg sarnies + Smudge :ohmy: ----- I just can't bear to even think about it

no_farting_26869t.jpg

Guest Dave Turner

open%20all%20hours.jpg

Wow, haven't seen that photo for years. Taken on an unusually bright Saturday tea time (Sept 22nd 1973) outside my Emporium just before we set off in Gladys' Moggy 1000 for a new niter up Wigan way. Granville is wearing his six buttoned waist bags, Nurse Gladys' in her circle skirt and me sporting my old original VaVa badge on my smart well pressed grocer's smock. Sadly all of those essential details are missing from the photo, but fortunately so is the milk crate I was stood on.

Oh yes, those were the days

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dave Turner

Wow, haven't seen that photo for years. Taken on an unusually bright Saturday tea time (Sept 22nd 1973) outside my Emporium just before we set off in Gladys' Moggy 1000 for a new niter up Wigan way. Granville is wearing his six buttoned waist bags, Nurse Gladys' in her circle skirt and me sporting my old original VaVa badge on my smart well pressed grocer's smock. Sadly all of those essential details are missing from the photo, but fortunately so is the milk crate I was stood on.

Oh yes, those were the days

thumbsup.gif

the bloke with the smock are you sure it aint Rob Smith>>>>?

Guest Dave Turner

the bloke with the smock are you sure it aint Rob Smith>>>>?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

No it's deffo me mate.

Fff fff ff fook me, I look like Rob Smith ohmy.gif

Edited by Dave Turner

Source Advert