Northern Soul - Press / Media / Music / Magazine / Articles

msw.jpg

Apart from the usual collections of blues and soul / echoes / voices / etc ..... and the dedicated soul mags / papers over the years , does anybody actually go out their way to collate / collect news snips / paper / magazine articles about the scene ? Their must be loads of stuff out there , :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i have manifesto, not so much old stuff. but sometimes if i see a magazine in the local shop or WH Smiths and it has Northern soul in it, i am tempted to buy it. have done with the free Motown CD's given away in Mojo etc.

Social source share

msw.jpg

Apart from the usual collections of blues and soul / echoes / voices / etc ..... and the dedicated soul mags / papers over the years , does anybody actually go out their way to collate / collect news snips / paper / magazine articles about the scene ? Their must be loads of stuff out there , :huh:

No mate.

Its been hard to keep hold of 45s over the years with moving around the country and divorces etc.

I hardly have any old fanzines, got a few old pictures and old posters left .

Still have my old 100 club membership.

My mum tipped all my old 80s Modzines away recently - Hipster / In the crowd / etc laugh.gif

And all the Soulzines have long gone to the tip.

I have a few copys of "its the beat" at the moment - but someone will ask to borrow and never bring them back.

They wont be here in 6 months

I think that's always been the way with me me and fanzines

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert