posstot

• Replies 77
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yeah! I Think it'll Be All right I Think It Was The Poor Person That Ordered On The 2nd Got The Knock Back!! I Got The Email And The Receipt For Payment So Fingers Crossed :thumbsup: Mr Postman If You're On Here Tomorrow Would Be A Good Day To Deliver :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff2:

The Postie Must Have Heard My Prayers. :shhh: He Came Back With It This Morning Just As I was Coming Back From Dog Walking!! He'd Already Delivered Once Then came Back With It From The Bottom Of The Sack Thought I Had Got A Broken One As All The Corner Was Well Bashed Up sad.gif But It Was Great When I Opened It !! :wave: So Will Be Giving It A Blast Out Tonight !! :thumbup:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Was wondering, what is the common opinion about it now? Is it really a mispress? Have any other copies surfaced from anywhere else after or prior to the 7/8 copies on Ebay last month?

Received my copy two days ago and have to say I still haven't made up my mind whether I like it or not. Intro reminds me of the Pied-Piper stuff on RCA and the whole songs sounds quite like Jackie Wilson ca. 66/67.

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Was wondering, what is the common opinion about it now? Is it really a mispress? Have any other copies surfaced from anywhere else after or prior to the 7/8 copies on Ebay last month?

Received my copy two days ago and have to say I still haven't made up my mind whether I like it or not. Intro reminds me of the Pied-Piper stuff on RCA and the whole songs sounds quite like Jackie Wilson ca. 66/67.

General Opinion Seems To Be A Mispress !! :lol: :lol:

Social source share

Well, you have mentioned Pied Piper and Jackie Wilson in the same sentence.....seems that they are two very complimentary descriptions though. I don't think i've heard anything as good as this, fom a "Northern" perspective in a loonnnggg time. total thumbs up from me.

As regards it ligit"ness" its deffo an original pressing, as described in detail further back. Raised stamp in label, stamp in run out groves.....all ties in with Philly pressings. Also the sellers' provenance is that they came off a dealer who dealt with music industry employees who had old stock in 5 to 30 numbers. Some 14 years ago he recalls. Wasn't sure he had many left(or holding onto them), due to current inrterest......(oh look, record now fetching 300 quid plus...i've just found 25 i had left)

So, i feel, no doubt these are original pressings...now wether the label discography is entered in correctly....or the disc we all have now IS how it should be...as i've not seen the listed copy to compare......so who really knows? Answers on a postcard to;

All i know is it is powerhouse Northern Soul, to my ears thats as good as it gets.

Mike :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well, you have mentioned Pied Piper and Jackie Wilson in the same sentence.....seems that they are two very complimentary descriptions though. I don't think i've heard anything as good as this, fom a "Northern" perspective in a loonnnggg time. total thumbs up from me.

As regards it ligit"ness" its deffo an original pressing, as described in detail further back. Raised stamp in label, stamp in run out groves.....all ties in with Philly pressings. Also the sellers' provenance is that they came off a dealer who dealt with music industry employees who had old stock in 5 to 30 numbers. Some 14 years ago he recalls. Wasn't sure he had many left(or holding onto them), due to current inrterest......(oh look, record now fetching 300 quid plus...i've just found 25 i had left)

So, i feel, no doubt these are original pressings...now wether the label discography is entered in correctly....or the disc we all have now IS how it should be...as i've not seen the listed copy to compare......so who really knows? Answers on a postcard to;

All i know is it is powerhouse Northern Soul, to my ears thats as good as it gets.

Mike hatsoff2.gif

Great Tune Mike!! I Do Hope He Doesn't Turn Anymore Up!! yes.gifohmy.gif:thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Mike :ohmy:

Hi Mike, Played It Out Saturday Another Good Response!! yes.gif:yes:

Social source share

Hi Benji, Would Be Interested What Kind Of Response You Get On The Dancefloor When You Play It Out? Keep Us Informed! Atb John :yes::ohmy:

Social source share

Will give it a spin at our do this coming thursday and report back.

Don't know what I was thinking of when I said the whole songs sounds like Jackie Wilson ca 66/67. Vocally yes, BH sounds a bit like JW if by purpose I don't know but that's just where any similarity ends IMO.

Social source share

Will give it a spin at our do this coming thursday and report back.

Don't know what I was thinking of when I said the whole songs sounds like Jackie Wilson ca 66/67. Vocally yes, BH sounds a bit like JW if by purpose I don't know but that's just where any similarity ends IMO.

Cheers Benji, Look Forward To your Views!! Have A Great Christmas Atb John yes.gif:yes::ohmy:

Social source share

Hi Benji, Would Be Interested What Kind Of Response You Get On The Dancefloor When You Play It Out? Keep Us Informed! Atb John :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I played this out on Friday night at Move On Soul Club and again on Saturday at Bury Masonic, sounded great and got fair amount of interest in it :lol:

Social source share

I played this out on Friday night at Move On Soul Club and again on Saturday at Bury Masonic, sounded great and got fair amount of interest in it :thumbsup:

I've Had A Bit Of Interest On The Phone Since Playing It Out For The Last 2 Weeks !! The People In The Know Seem To Have Heard It And Know The History !! :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Cheers Benji, Look Forward To your Views!! Have A Great Christmas Atb John :yes::thumbsup::hatsoff2:

Here's the report: When I played it at our local do* last thursday the dancefloor thinned out a bit but most kept on dancing. Still don't think it's a brilliant tune. it's ok but thast's just about it IMHO.

:thumbsup::hatsoff2::):rolleyes::)angry.gif:D:wub:whistling.gif:shades:innocent.gif:boxing::wub::wub::pirate:king.gif:lamsey:ranting_1.gif:hypo::g:

(NB: please ignore all these smilies, my 3 year old daughter wanted me to included them all in my post)

* see for complete playlist

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Here's the report: When I played it at our local do* last thursday the dancefloor thinned out a bit but most kept on dancing. Still don't think it's a brilliant tune. it's ok but thast's just about it IMHO.

:(:lol::):yes::)angry.gif:D:wub::thumbsup::thumbup::yes::thumbsup::wub::wub::thumbsup::Dlamsey.gifranting_1.gif:lol::g:

(NB: please ignore all these smilies, my 3 year old daughter wanted me to included them all in my post)

* see for complete playlist

Some You Win And Some You Lose Eh?? :P Keep Plugging It !! :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: Atb John

Social source share

WOULD GET A LEGENDARY STATUS IF PLAYED BY SAY BIG GINGE, OR BUTCH OR A KEV WOBERTS.....FOR NOW US LITTLE TIME ENTHUSAISTS WILL HAVE TO PLUG AWAY. :rolleyes:

If the likes of Butch, Soul Sam, Ginger, etc. are reading this, I'm willing to let my copy go for a nice offer/trade (seriously!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert