12 X 45S : Northern, Funk, New Breed - All Now Priced

Godzilla

Shipping for up to 2 x 45s: £1.00 1st Class / £1.80 Recorded Delivery in the UK. £2.00 overseas + insurance if required.

Combined shipping available if you buy more than one record

PAYPAL preferred but cheques ok by arrangement. All prices are GB Pounds.

More scans, B-Sides etc / longer clips available. Questions etc are as always welcome by PM or email to:

mistergodzilla@yahoo.com

Grading

VG/VG+/VG++/NM

I've tried to grade strictly and a VG+ record will play really well but might have some surface marks. NM is as good as it gets and even unplayed old store stock gets this grade.

I've noted any particular defects and will accept returns on any items where the buyer is not completely satisfied.

SLIGHT UPLOAD PROBLEM - All scans, clips details in next post

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Shipping for up to 2 x 45s: £1.00 1st Class / £1.80 Recorded Delivery in the UK. £2.00 overseas + insurance if required.

Combined shipping available if you buy more than one record

PAYPAL preferred but cheques ok by arrangement. All prices are GB Pounds.

More scans, B-Sides etc / longer clips available. Questions etc are as always welcome by PM or email to:

mistergodzilla@yahoo.com

Grading

VG/VG+/VG++/NM

I've tried to grade strictly and a VG+ record will play really well but might have some surface marks. NM is as good as it gets and even unplayed old store stock gets this grade.

I've noted any particular defects and will accept returns on any items where the buyer is not completely satisfied.

Denny Belline - Outside The City - RCA Promo 8 5

Name on flip. Vinyl VG++

Old Northern spin - Alternative version to Willows on MGM

post-1918-0-60927000-1291576428_thumb.jp

Denny Belline.mp3

Maxine Brown - 4 track EP Inc "See And Don't See" - Commonwealth United Records Promo - HOLD

Graded VG- as there are audible scratches.

Still very playable, however and a rare record that seldom comes up for sale. Four track promo for her CUR LP and the only way to get this incredible version of the Marie Queenie Lyons classic on 7 inch.

post-1918-0-76481500-1291576499_thumb.jp

Maxine Brown.mp3

Ann Cole - Brand New House - Sir promo 25 15

VG + great copy Pluggers stamp on label

Well they've booted / repressed a couple of her decent Baton sides so best stay ahead of the gane with this nice Sir promo

post-1918-0-03337000-1291577168_thumb.jp

Ann Cole.mp3

The Collection and the Civics - I'll Be There - Soul Train SOLD

VG Some marks and wear but plays very nicely for this grade - check the soundclip

Excellent Baltimore dancer - has had plays on and off but never quite made it big yet - maybe because it's not quite well known enough? For now anyway...

post-1918-0-69184100-1291576552_thumb.jp

Collection and Civics.mp3

Roger K - Give me The Love (I'm Needing) - Birth 10 8

VG+ with a little ring wear on label

Slightly psychy Blue Eyed Soul written by Pam Sayer and Loris Burton, the Composers of, among other things Slow Fizz for the Sapphires

post-1918-0-39271100-1291576606_thumb.jp

Roger K.mp3

Music Track - Times Gone By - International Artists promo SOLD

VG+ Some surface marks but still nice and shiny. 2 Xs on flip label

This was played covered up as The Yvonne Baker Band - "Don't Say A Word" and does sound quite like an instrumental version of her tune

post-1918-0-76786400-1291576646_thumb.jp

Music Track.mp3

The Present - Many's the Slip Twixt The Cup and the Lip (or Baby the World Really Turns) SOLD

Stickers on both sides that you might get off with lighter fluid or similar. Playing surface is NM though as the clip reflects

More Blue Eyed Psych / Garage and a record of which a mate of mine said "How the hell is that Northern Soul?" Play it at an oldies might and watch the dancefloor go crazy for an answer

post-1918-0-38146700-1291576714_thumb.jp

The Present.mp3

Otis Redding - Tuff Enough / She's Alright - Evolution UK 30 24

VG++ would be NM but for a couple tiny marks visible under a lamp

Not your standard Otis but a great New Breed R&B double sider. Unusual and nice looking on the UK label. Clip has a bit of both sides.

post-1918-0-47305600-1291576762_thumb.jp

Otis A+B sides.mp3

Bird Rollins - (I'm Gonna Try To Be) Real True To You - Disco Record Co Inc SOLD

VG+

Vocal and inst versions of a nice funky soul dancer

post-1918-0-26758300-1291576821_thumb.jp

Bird Rollins.mp3

Santio's Premiers and Nat Miller - She's Still My Baby / Dogging The Twine - Candi 45 37

VG ++ due to very light surface marks but really glossy and plays like new

From the Delaware label the brought us the Empires: doo wop flavoured group soul with a first rate Tittyshaker on the flip. Double value!

post-1918-0-15001500-1291576883_thumb.jp

Santios Premiers A.mp3 Santios Premiers B.mp3

Weldon Irvine - Jungle Juice / Yasmin - RCA 35 28

VG Jungle Juice plays great. B side is a bit noisy...

but it's the A side that's the winner though - a jazzy, moog powered funk monster with bits of feedback - like a tougher 'Expansions'

post-1918-0-79779500-1291576971_thumb.jp

weldon Irvine.mp3

Timi Yuro - Can't Stop Running Away - Mercury UK 20 17

Vinyl looks NM but graded VG+ as there are a couple of minor pops at the start. Maybe they would clean out?

Written and arranged by Teddy Randazzo and as you would expect it builds and builds and there's a killer chorus. Tasty UK issue too.

post-1918-0-06740700-1291577412_thumb.jp

Timi Yuro.mp3

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

YOUR PRICES SUCK!

GREAT PRICES!

there you go.

Exactly what I had mind Bob.

Seriously though I don''t mind if someone says a record is overpriced. I don't spend all my free time reading guides or checking fluctuations on eBay, although I try to do a bit of research and I sometimes rely on my shaky memory.

If someone states that a certain 45 is overpriced It might tip me off to the fact that I've overvalued it and I could adjust the price. On the other hand I'm not obliged to sell cheaper if I don't want to and retain the power to say 'get lost' ...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert