Soul At The Stute Asfordby Hill Xmas Party

What can i say a brill nite from start to finish Steve J kicked of the nite with a great set of under played tunes. then Mr Manship played a 60s club set, followed by Spanner with a great mix of tunes then came our first guest dj Kev Gallagher (DBSC) who had the floor rocking then it was my turn(Mick Jay) got to spin some of my fav tunes the place was buzzing at 11.00 the Mod Fathers (dbsc) took to the decks( Bryn and Gaz) nice to see them back at the stute what can i say they where awesom the place was banging thanks guys

and at 12 00 young Rob Gray played the final hour with some absolute corkers thanks to eveyone keith the badgeman nige brown with his record bar,and of course everyone who turned out in all that fog .

and dont forget next month is the 1st anniversary 15th of jan 7.30 1.30 guest dj Nige Brown

KTF MICK JAY yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif:lol:

Edited by mickjay33
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Message for Nige Brown,

great to see you last night, sorry I couldn't stop longer for a beer.

The Red & White Soup Bowl you gave me last night is now

a Red & white plate

if you'd like to call for us to send it to you, we are working today, give Stella or me you maiing address and other details it could be in the mail to you today

best wishes

john

what a great night at the stute, all the DJs were in top form (I know cause my knees tell me yes.gif) the music was brill from start to finish and the floor took a pounding, lets hope it continues for the new year thumbsup.giflots of new faces through the door which is a good sign, well done again to all the DJs and a Happy New Year to everyone involved with the best little soul club anywhere hatsoff2.gif

Andy + Bez

Message for Nige Brown,

great to see you last night, sorry I couldn't stop longer for a beer.

The Red & White Soup Bowl you gave me last night is now

a Red & white plate

if you'd like to call for us to send it to you, we are working today, give Stella or me you maiing address and other details it could be in the mail to you today

best wishes

john

Many Thanks John and what a lightening responce :lol:

What a lovely evening Last Night was at the Stute @ Melton!

I have been booked to Spin a few at the Anniversary next month so thought it only polite to go over and get a feel for the venue!!

Great welcome on the door as we arrived on a very gloomy foggy night from Mick Jay and Soul Legend SPANNER thumbsup.gif

Daz and i set up the record sale next to Keith Badge Man and we settled in for what i thoght be a great social sorta night!

Nice to see John Manship spinning a few,, enjoyed our very brief chat and like the Lone Ranger,,, he was gone!

The whole time we where there the sets where mostly oldies but i do have to say they did throw in some imaginative ones which where pleasing to the ear! Lovely to hear HB Barham It Hurts Too Much To Cry ages since i heard that at a oldies night!!

I may be wrong but i never heard The Vibrations Cause your Mine once so that was a plus for me laugh.gifwink.gif

Brill to see Steve who i remember from No More Doggin a few years ago a lovely Wigan Lad whos a grea DJ to boot!

We were joined by Ted Massey which sorta made the night complete , we sold a few we bought a few a lovely Anarak night !!

Only down side we had to leave before Rob Gray set as i belive he has some choice pices , hope ya on next moth Rob!

Great atmosphere , really enjoyed our first vist to the Stute

Heres to the Anniversary Next month!

Few piccis below

Nige B

post-1851-0-74817200-1293635539_thumb.jp

post-1851-0-59345100-1293635614_thumb.jp

post-1851-0-65689900-1293635684_thumb.jp

post-1851-0-73393200-1293635725_thumb.jp

Really enjoyed my first time at the stute. Hopefully be back next time with Nige Brown , my ears pricked up when i heard one record in particuar from Spanner....Matt Monro , what a tune , gotta get meself one of them. Great little place , great attendance , keep up the good work guys.

What can i say a brill nite from start to finish Steve J kicked of the nite with a great set of under played tunes. then Mr Manship played a 60s club set, followed by Spanner with a great mix of tunes then came our first guest dj Kev Gallagher (DBSC) who had the floor rocking then it was my turn(Mick Jay) got to spin some of my fav tunes the place was buzzing at 11.00 the Mod Fathers (dbsc) took to the decks( Bryn and Gaz) nice to see them back at the stute what can i say they where awesom the place was banging thanks guys

and at 12 00 young Rob Gray played the final hour with some absolute corkers thanks to eveyone keith the badgeman nige brown with his record bar,and of course everyone who turned out in all that fog .

and dont forget next month is the 1st anniversary 15th of jan 7.30 1.30 guest dj Nige Brown

KTF MICK JAY yes.gif:thumbsup::yes: :yes: :huh:

Hi Mick.Thanks for inviting me to spin a few for you what a great night.

Heres a few i can remember playing.

Jackie wilson - Because of you - Brunswick Demo

Ringleaders - Baby what has happened - M-Pac

Detroit Soul - All of my life - Music Towm

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger - Atlantic

H B Barnum - It hurts to much to cry - RCA

Paul Anka - I cant help loving you - RCA Demo

N F Porter - Keep on keeping on - Lizard Demo

Baby Earl - Back Slop - S.P.Q.R

Billy Davis - Stanky get funky - Cobblestone

Ruby Andrews - Just loving you - Zodiac

Frank Beverly - Just what you wanted - Sassy

Bobby Garrett - My little girl - Mirwood

Showmen - Our love will grow - Swan Demo

Dee Clark - Thats my girl - Constellation

Freddie Houston - Soft walking - Toto

Solomon Burke - Cry to me - Atlantic

Marsha Gee - Baby i need you - Uptown

Ed Cobb - Come go with me (instr) - Un releashed Champion

April Stevens - Wanting you - MGM Demo

Probably a few more i cant remember

ATB Kev

Hi Mick.Thanks for inviting me to spin a few for you what a great night.

Heres a few i can remember playing.

Jackie wilson - Because of you - Brunswick Demo

Ringleaders - Baby what has happened - M-Pac

Detroit Soul - All of my life - Music Towm

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger - Atlantic

H B Barnum - It hurts to much to cry - RCA

Paul Anka - I cant help loving you - RCA Demo

N F Porter - Keep on keeping on - Lizard Demo

Baby Earl - Back Slop - S.P.Q.R

Billy Davis - Stanky get funky - Cobblestone

Ruby Andrews - Just loving you - Zodiac

Frank Beverly - Just what you wanted - Sassy