How Many Record Stores Left In Usa ?/

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Interesting article.Am i right in thinking some record stores aren't part of this survey,due to being "second hand stores".:ohmy:

RE: the "new vinyl store opening" (but on a local basis), Rob Smith's at Nottingham is earmarked for refurbishment by the landlord,hopefully,with a focus on the area to being "Student friendly".

Could mean a new direction for Rob.Retro 70's ,disco and maybe 60's,etc to the student population,if he can get the refit...and organised.:lol:

Viva Vinyl.!!!

Social source share

This article is pointless - of course the number of record stores is getting gradually smaller. There's nothing in the article that says anything beyond some superficial hand waving. "Record store day" is not going to change much. No one who runs a store is relying on RSD to save their business.

If you live in the US and collect used records, record stores are one of many outlets you use to find records. Thrift shops and antique shops as well. The antique mall near me has three stalls (out of 75 or so) that sell records and a fourth one just opened. Unlike record stores they don't need to cater to the trends of the day. There's also multi use places like bookstores with records, musical instrument stores with records, etc. There's still plenty of places to buy records.

The bad ecomony for the past 3 years (more like the past 10 years) has also contributed to store closings. Check the number of bookstores in any US town lately?

Social source share

true , and yes I did better in Austin, Texas in the bookshops than the vastly overated ARC fair ....

Now - that IS a worry...

Was thinking of going over for the next one later this year too....

M

Social source share

Would not bother Mark if purely on a business deal - only good for us as we tied it in with a fantastic holiday in Texas..

Unless you can get in with the dealers offloading u haul trucks pre the fair not too many bargains to be found

Also, never seen so many trashed and I mean really trashed records for sale ... IMHO I would not even give these storage space... did find a few bits but many 45s seriously overpriced .. they have the soul guide prices ..and think Brits are cash rich rolleyes.gif

Edited by glynthornhill
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert